Outer tie rod
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Outer tie rod

This is a discussion on Outer tie rod within the X2/X4 Suspension forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; This weekend we snapped the outer tie rod end. Has anyone else had any issues with this? I ordered some heavy duty replacements but I ...

Thread: Outer tie rod

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #

Outer tie rod

This weekend we snapped the outer tie rod end. Has anyone else had any issues with this? I ordered some heavy duty replacements but I am wondering if I should order and extra set? Any thoughts would be great

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    501 times
    I do not know what the tie-rod size is on X units, but on the Gen 1 I researched and found an automotive tie rod end that I modified and installed. For our lightweight units it is seriously 'heavy duty' and with a grease fitting, I think they were about $15 each. Ought to last forever. I could not find a greaseable heavy duty tie rod end for the Gen 1. The one negative is that if I have an event, the end is not the weak link any longer. It goes to tie rod or the rack.
    Install the heavy duty set and carry the good one as a spare with the tools to change it.
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Camo, , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS mudguards, Autometer Temp Gauge, SATV A-arms & DIY stick guards, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/manual switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, 27" 9 & 11Maxxis Vipr,4000 Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harnesses, JBS/Eibach springs, SPAL fan, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam

Sponsored Links