Rear brakes - Page 8
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Rear brakes

This is a discussion on Rear brakes within the X2/X4 Transmission & Drivetrain forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; Thanks to all for the excellent info. At 176 miles and 24 hours I did mine. After two creek rides with sandy soil and mud ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Rear brakes

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Thanks to all for the excellent info. At 176 miles and 24 hours I did mine. After two creek rides with sandy soil and mud I noticed it wasn’t easy to push the machine out of the garage anymore.

The pads all looked ok but both front and rear were dry as a bone. After removing the pads I used Permatex Ceramic Extreme brake parts lubricant in the boots being careful not to overfill them. Huge difference in movement after. I put a thin coat on the pins that hold the pads, and some on their threads. Then used anti seize on the caliper mounting bolts.

I agree that once it’s done the first time it will be easy the next.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    2019 Wolverine X2 R-Spec bought new 8/9/2019

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    After it was back together it was once again easy to push in and out of the garage. So I think that’s a good way to tell when it’s due for maintenance.
    2019 Wolverine X2 R-Spec bought new 8/9/2019

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Sponsored Links