Mods and clutching - Page 12
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Mods and clutching

This is a discussion on Mods and clutching within the X2/X4 CVT, Sheaves & Wet Clutch forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; Originally Posted by Alex Threw my 20g weights in last night and did a few runs, it will now hit and max out at 62mph ...

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Mods and clutching

Super Moderator MassiveOverkill's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1303 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Threw my 20g weights in last night and did a few runs, it will now hit and max out at 62mph - i tried up and down that 3km road about 5 times and it would get up to 60 and then slowly crawl to 62. 55-57 was maintainable on the road with 10psi in the tires, it had no problem whatsoever staying and running 50-52mph comfortably.
    Refresh our memory, what was your previous top speed and that was with 17 gram weights? Never mind, I just looked it up. 60 MPH on 17 grams.
    Last edited by MassiveOverkill; 07-16-2019 at 12:59 PM.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    First Wolverine X4 to break the 60 MPH barrier
    Over 6000 miles and 425 hours
    Hunterworks prototype sheave with easy cleanout port, 22 gram HV weights
    Weller Racing ECU flash
    HMF Titan Series Quiet slip-on Exhaust
    Walker Evans shocks
    Swiss-cheesed airbox lid
    NGK Laser Iridium spark plugs
    Tinkseal additives
    STI HD beadlocks wearing Tusk Terrabite 27x9x12 tires
    OEM windshield, soft cab, and roof
    OEM skid plates
    OEM rock sliders
    OEM A-arm guards
    OEM cargo box
    Check out the Yamaha X2/X4 FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WolverineX2X4/

Roosted
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
    Refresh our memory, what was your previous top speed and that was with 17 gram weights?
    17g weights, Weller tune, stock muffler, 10psi in the tires, full windshield and the JBS sheave.
    MassiveOverkill likes this.
    Wolverine X4 SE | 28x10-12 studded Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 (winter) | 27x9-12/27x12-12 Maxxis Bighorn on OEM wheels (summer) | OEM heater | OEM rear storage box | OEM A-Arm guards | OEM hardcoat windshield | OEM hard roof | Boss audio head unit and speakers | 20” black oak light bar | Front and rear winch | Weller Racing Tune | JBS Machined Sheave with 20g OD Weight’s | assault mirrors | SxS enclosures soft cab | SuperATV Rear Windshield | Walker Evans Shocks

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Threw my 20g weights in last night and did a few runs, it will now hit and max out at 62mph - i tried up and down that 3km road about 5 times and it would get up to 60 and then slowly crawl to 62. 55-57 was maintainable on the road with 10psi in the tires, it had no problem whatsoever staying and running 50-52mph without being pushed.
    We pretty much have the same results! Good to confirm. Thanks! Waiting for the JBS new and improved X2 X4 clutch system release. Also hoping Kyle (from Weller) and James (from JBS) get together here shortly to test with the HMF exhaust and turbo system to get the tune right!
    Last edited by 19Wherry; 07-16-2019 at 01:14 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 19Wherry View Post
    We pretty much have the same results! Good to confirm. Thanks! Waiting for the JBS new and improved X2 X4 clutch system release. Also hoping Kyle (from Weller) and James (from JBS) get together here shortly to test with the HMF exhaust and turbo system to get the tune right!
    I think Weller is already using Hunter Works.
    Budro2 likes this.
    2019 X2 SE Black
    29x9-14 all around.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1303 times
    If you have a JBS clutch, Weller will try and work with you but with statements like this I seriously doubt a formal collaboration will happen:

Name:  JBSDisWeller2.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  154.6 KB
    Budro2, KeithStone76 and Tsckey like this.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    Weller Racing ECU flash
    Walker Evans shocks
    Swiss-cheesed airbox lid
    Tinkseal additives
    OEM skid plates
    OEM rock sliders
    OEM A-arm guards
    OEM cargo box
    Check out the Yamaha X2/X4 FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WolverineX2X4/

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    Wow like I said did not want to turn this into a Hunterworks V.S. JBS. In the initial conversation. Your a moderator Massive. Your suppose to stay neutral and help not feed the fire. Both Tom and James make great products and competition Breeds better products for us the consumer. But bashing does no one any good!
    Scurvy and DWRAT like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1303 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 19Wherry View Post
    Wow like I said did not want to turn this into a Hunterworks V.S. JBS. In the initial conversation. Your a moderator Massive. Your suppose to stay neutral and help not feed the fire. Both Tom and James make great products and competition Breeds better products for us the consumer. But bashing does no one any good!
    DO NOT tell me how to do my job. As a matter of fact, it's been made very clear when I was made a mod that JBS talk was forbidden and if I really wanted to do my job as laid out, I could have deleted your post entirely. This is the ONLY forum where BOTH HW and JBS can be talked about...........pretty much freely. You certainly won't get the type of dialogue you see here on that other forum. Only Timmi, Rebel19, Norbert Keppler Jr. (Big Dog Daddy), and James spouting off lies. I've tried helping everyone who has had issues with their JBS clutch, both in my FB group and here. So you're welcome for me allowing you to post your JBS-related post and trying to help you with your issues.

The screenshot I showed is FACT. I don't make baseless claims like the rest and more than happy to back up my claims. If you refute my claims feel free, but back your statements up with evidence. It is a FACT that JBS has ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION bashed Weller Racing, but this should be no surprise as you'll see this is common behavior, even from a previous staunch supporter of JBS, TGM Off Road who sells the Wolverine Gen 1 doors.

So, being unbiased means accepting facts. No fake news is allowed here. Feel free to prove that JBS HAS NOT acted unprofessional, HAS NOT been banned from MANY forums and FB groups.

JBS has been banned from Wolverine Nation, Yamaha Vikings and Wolverines, Wolverine Forum, and of course Wolverine Forums just to name a few simply because he can't act professional and he has a small and ever-shrinking group of die-hards to support his personal attacks and shady demeanor.

If you don't like these FACTS then you're welcome to go elsewhere. You can also present your facts/opinion but I will call you out without sufficient evidence.

I challenge ANYONE to state that I have not tried to help them with their JBS X2/X4 setup when they approached me.

OK, off my soapbox. See y'all in a day when I get off vacation.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    Weller Racing ECU flash
    Walker Evans shocks
    Swiss-cheesed airbox lid
    Tinkseal additives
    OEM skid plates
    OEM rock sliders
    OEM A-arm guards
    OEM cargo box

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    This is a forum of Yamaha Wolverine enthusiasts. We are her to get help, share our experiences, and provide help to others. Not argue. I don’t have time for this and plain and simple don’t care enough to deal with this. Sorry to the rest of the forum but I have asked the administrators to remove all my Posts and delete me as a member. Thank you everyone and even you massive as your post are helpful but am not going to put up with your rants.
    DWRAT likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    This whole page of this thread should be deleted.
    GREENBUSH MAINE
    2019 X2 R-SPEC SE
    3500 LB KFI WINCH AND MOUNT
    FACTORY FLIP WINDSHIELD
    KENDA BEARCLAW HTR'S 27X9X12 27X11X12
    CHUPACABRA MIRRORS

Roosted
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    I'm considering taking out the shim, if i understand how the Primary works - wit the shim i end up with a slightly lower low end ratio but this should in theory also give me a lower high end ratio correct? would this not be the case? I'd imagine a few MPH can be had but the removal although i may lose some low end grunt a bit. Maybe switch out some weights (say maybe use 4 of the 17g and 4 of the 20g i have, spread out in a 1-2 arrangement so the Sheave is balanced.
    Wolverine X4 SE | 28x10-12 studded Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 (winter) | 27x9-12/27x12-12 Maxxis Bighorn on OEM wheels (summer) | OEM heater | OEM rear storage box | OEM A-Arm guards | OEM hardcoat windshield | OEM hard roof | Boss audio head unit and speakers | 20” black oak light bar | Front and rear winch | Weller Racing Tune | JBS Machined Sheave with 20g OD Weight’s | assault mirrors | SxS enclosures soft cab | SuperATV Rear Windshield | Walker Evans Shocks

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links