yamaha clutch kit - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

yamaha clutch kit

This is a discussion on yamaha clutch kit within the X2/X4 CVT, Sheaves & Wet Clutch forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; I appreciate your feedback and will do better....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: yamaha clutch kit

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    I appreciate your feedback and will do better.
    MassiveOverkill, Budro2 and blast like this.
    2019 X2 SE Black
    29x9-14 all around.

Super Moderator MassiveOverkill's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1122 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DWRAT View Post
    You have a personal vendetta against JBS and you know it. ( JBS does clearly as well)
    If you feel I'm a JBS troll then ban me.
    Don't threaten me, just do it.
    If I had even the slightest hint that you were a Timmy\Norbert\James fake identity or any of their 'culture club' trolls I would. Right now I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're not. I don't like banning people. You haven't used any cuss\swear words or gotten really rude so that's a point in your favor. Right now I'm putting you down as a curious individual but to Budro's point, you're not very appreciative of the help given here and frankly very demanding (except your last few posts where you express gratitude for other's opinions).

I'm not a JBS fan: Guilty as charged. Frankly if it weren't for the constant lies James and his two henchmen spew, I could care less, but this habit of lying has fooled many in the past and I'm going to make sure no one else is fooled again because I fully believe in the term: 'silence is consent'. I welcome anyone to dispute my claims when it comes to pointing out lies James\crew has stated or statements that I disagree with. If Todd was as disrespectful and hateful as James, I'd just let the two go at it. I believe in defending the innocent. I challenge you to find behavior from Todd that approaches .01% of what James\crew routinely does.

If you look at JBS insults towards me\HW, they're mostly personal without any factual evidence. When I point out issues with James\crew's statements the meat of my statements is refuting their claims.

If you don't get banned from the JBS forum that would be great because as of right now the only individual who can raise the level of the conversation when they're involved is Shortbus. I challenge you to be another one. You've made some good posts about the YXZ and others so you do make some good contributions.
    Budro2, DWRAT and KeithStone76 like this.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    First Wolverine X4 to break the 60 MPH barrier
    Over 6000 miles and 425 hours
    Hunterworks prototype sheave with easy cleanout port, 22 gram HV weights
    Weller Racing ECU flash
    HMF Titan Series Quiet slip-on Exhaust
    Walker Evans shocks
    Swiss-cheesed airbox lid
    NGK Laser Iridium spark plugs
    Tinkseal additives
    STI HD beadlocks wearing Tusk Terrabite 27x9x12 tires
    OEM windshield, soft cab, and roof
    OEM skid plates
    OEM rock sliders
    OEM A-arm guards
    OEM cargo box
    Check out the Yamaha X2/X4 FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/671163569748779/

Pavement Princess
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DWRAT View Post
    Glad you like the kit, too bad Massive says it's not correct for our bikes.
    Seems to perform pretty well for being totally wrong.
    Oh, and at $44.95 it's half the price of others.
    Me too. I haven't even gotten a chance to drive my 2019 SE. Was reading and wondering why Yamaha would 1> Corp selling a big tire kit that doesn't work well for big tires and.......... 2> A well respected/knowledgeable Dealer recommend it to a brand new customer during the purchase.

Anyway, I'll report back after I get it out on the trails. I certainly am not riding roads/highways. Mine will be crossing rivers and going through challenging mud areas. And I don't ride slow either.

I will find out soon enough.

Dave
    2019 Wolverine X2 Special Edition (Blue); 28” Blackwater Evolution Tires; 3500 lb Winch; SuperATV Spit Windshield

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Pavement Princess
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Ride report with the Yamaha Big tire Clutch kit. Have 28" EVO BW's installed. This is the 1st ride for this machine since getting it home and taking care of some of the needed upgrades fixes. I put about 15 miles on it in typical Alaska trails. Included some flat areas beside a river. But most of the riding was on wooded trails and unimproved roads.

I will say this clutch kit is PERFECT for any riding where you CANNOT go flat out for long distances (if there are holes, bumps, whoops, ruts, washouts). I did notice that when taking this machine up to speed and accelerating that the engine RPMs could be higher than preferred but we (Alaska) won't find any situations such as riding on paved or improved roads.

For those saying the weights are not right, should add a disclaimer...... what type of riding do you do? Is it higher speeds for long distances on smooth surfaces, then I would agree that the Big tire Clutch Kit probably isn't right but where are these machines driven a majority of the time and by most people? My guess, it is unimproved trails!! As such being told that the weights in the Big Tire kit are not good is potentially incorrect without verifying the owners main riding environment first.

When providing helpful information to new owners, I suggest clarifying the purpose that goes along with the opinion.

btw: I love this Wolvy. Had a great time and and completely satisfied with the Yamaha Big Tire Clutch kit for the riding environments I will be covering here in Alaska.

Dave
    2019 Wolverine X2 Special Edition (Blue); 28” Blackwater Evolution Tires; 3500 lb Winch; SuperATV Spit Windshield

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1436 times
    Nice place to break it in, varying terrain and plenty of other folks around if something goes wrong. I had my old Grizzly out hauling trailer loads of firewood yesterday up to my wood shed. Now I just need my wife to split it all!
    DirtRider612 likes this.
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Pavement Princess
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Was great to get it out on the trails after about 2 months of planning and upgrades. Big thanks to Massive Orverkill and others for posting the details on things needed before riding. I needed to get in a trial run and make my own assessment of the Yamaha Big tire Clutch Kit........ Here is a photo of the crew that went with (having the dogs get to go along was a big reason for switching from ATV's to a SxS and my towing rigs.

Name:  IMG_1925.JPG
Views: 62
Size:  2.59 MB

Dave

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    Put a large dog bed in the back and your dog will love it.
    That’s the main reason I chose the X2.
    My dog has over 2,000 miles in my old rhino.
    Last edited by DWRAT; 05-27-2019 at 10:47 AM.
    2019 X2 SE Black
    29x9-14 all around.

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    I was one of those guys that who went with Rhino big bore kit and big tire clutch kit on my, 2004. Completely dissatisfied. I noticed very little improvement if any. I have no idea what Yamaha has done since other than their 10 yr. belt warranty. What I learned from the forums is we all are MAKING IMPROVEMENTS. Sometimes customizing our machines to the point of loosing riding time. Exceeding the design limits will result in less ride time. I have seen so many "how big of a tire can I run" posts, later followed by wheel bearing failures posts. Even in stock form these machines are amazing, giving us unbelievable access to the outdoors. I like to hear what others are doing, and learn from their experiences . Just want to have fun!
    2019 X2 R-spec SE, Black, Full cab, heater, wiper, tracks, 4500 wireless winch,synthetic

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaGriz View Post
    Ride report with the Yamaha Big tire Clutch kit. Have 28" EVO BW's installed. This is the 1st ride for this machine since getting it home and taking care of some of the needed upgrades fixes. I put about 15 miles on it in typical Alaska trails. Included some flat areas beside a river. But most of the riding was on wooded trails and unimproved roads.

I will say this clutch kit is PERFECT for any riding where you CANNOT go flat out for long distances (if there are holes, bumps, whoops, ruts, washouts). I did notice that when taking this machine up to speed and accelerating that the engine RPMs could be higher than preferred but we (Alaska) won't find any situations such as riding on paved or improved roads.

For those saying the weights are not right, should add a disclaimer...... what type of riding do you do? Is it higher speeds for long distances on smooth surfaces, then I would agree that the Big tire Clutch Kit probably isn't right but where are these machines driven a majority of the time and by most people? My guess, it is unimproved trails!! As such being told that the weights in the Big Tire kit are not good is potentially incorrect without verifying the owners main riding environment first.

When providing helpful information to new owners, I suggest clarifying the purpose that goes along with the opinion.

btw: I love this Wolvy. Had a great time and and completely satisfied with the Yamaha Big Tire Clutch kit for the riding environments I will be covering here in Alaska.

Dave
    Sounds like the kit would be perfect for my type of riding. It's rare i get over 25mph because the trails snake through the woods so much, plus the roots rocks and ruts. I should be going on my first ride with the 28's this sunday. I'm eager to see how it does with no other mods yet. I have a feeling the big tire kit will be ordered sunday evening haha.
    2018 Wolverine X4 SE
    OEM windshield, roof, and front A-arm guards
    SuperAtv 3500 lb winch and 1.5" wheel spacers
    28x10x12 dirt commanders all around

Sunday Driver
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    I see that this thread has evolved into kind of an argument over weights in the clutch. As mentioned much earlier in the thread, I was going to trade out the 16gr OD weights in my JBS Sheave for a set of 18gr OD weights. I finally got around to doing that, and I still say that it is a huge pain to change the weights.

I do typically ride more hard pack and sand without a lot of what I would count as hills. I typically run at fairly high speeds with a fairly light load in my X4, so my uses are not going to work for everyone out there.

Why am I wanting to try some heavier weights in my clutch? Well, I want to have the machine work the best for ME and MY uses. I feel like the machine has plenty of power off the bottom, and without a kind foot, all that is being lost to tire spin. Now I do like to spin the tires just as much as anyone else, but it almost seemed too easy. Additionally my RPMs were fairly high at my typical cruising speeds (40-50MPH), so I was interested in lowering those also.

I will be riding this weekend with any luck (weather here and my schedule have been crazy), so I will be able to tell if this was a move in the direction that I wanted to go, or if I should try 17gr OD's, maybe even go heavier, or go back to the 16's. Again, this is for MY uses and not everyone is using their machines the same way. I was able to do a small test run down the street behind my house to see if I had everything set correctly. The street is very much flat and is less than 2/10's of a mile (*not very much room to play). I was able to get my machine from a dead stop to 47MPH on the dash before I had to get on the brakes to make the 90 degree corner, so that is promising for me.

Stay tuned, as I hope to have a better update sometime between Saturday and Monday for you all.
    MORSNO and DirtRider612 like this.
    2018 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE (Matte Silver)
    -JBS Sheave and Springs, Weller ECM Flash, 14" ITP Hurricane Wheels/28"Terrabites, Lots of OEM Accessories...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links