Wolverine X2/X4 clutch mods - Page 8
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Wolverine X2/X4 clutch mods

This is a discussion on Wolverine X2/X4 clutch mods within the X2/X4 CVT, Sheaves & Wet Clutch forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; Originally Posted by Stroodle MassiveOverkill - did you give me the handle under my user name??? Ha ha! Seems fitting for my issue!!! That name ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Results 71 to 78 of 78
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Wolverine X2/X4 clutch mods

  1. #71
    Lead Super Moderator MORSNO's Avatar
    Member #
    465
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    3,375
    Member #
    465
    Liked
    1526 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroodle View Post
    MassiveOverkill - did you give me the handle under my user name??? Ha ha! Seems fitting for my issue!!!
    That name changes as your post count goes up, start looking at other folks, some of them are really fitting and funny at times.
    MassiveOverkill likes this.
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

  2. #72
    Supporting Vendor Hunterworks's Avatar
    Member #
    188
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    710
    Member #
    188
    Liked
    502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroodle View Post
    Todd,

    I was wrong - 20gr weights - I changed it above. Thanks. Something else I may try is a new belt - mine should be fine at 5000km's, but a possibility I should rule out.
    You have 5000 km on this machine? And you recently did these mods?

    Two things, that belt surely has some wear so that can account for it and that engine is probably getting tired a bit. And lastly your tire size
    Todd Eldridge
    Hunterworks Inc
    [email protected]
    601-771-0070

  3. #73
    Super Charged
    Member #
    15104
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    952
    Member #
    15104
    Liked
    309 times
    5K is nothing, with oil changes etc it should go 2 to 3 times that easily.
    DWRAT and robert.w.smith.76 like this.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

    BearClaw HTR 27 inch tires
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope
    LED Headlights, Yellow Light Bar

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #74
    Mechanic InfidelMT's Avatar
    Member #
    15592
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    70
    Member #
    15592
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripplec View Post
    5K is nothing, with oil changes etc it should go 2 to 3 times that easily.
    Agreed I've seen Rhinos with 20K + miles and still running strong. It's all about maintenance. No reason the Wolverine X2/X4's won't run 20k, 30k miles.. My 08 Rhino had nearly 10k with zero issues and on the original belt. However I maintained it properly.
    DWRAT likes this.
    2019 Wolverine X2 Camo R-Spec
    MSA M25 Wheels with EFX 8ply 27x10x14 Motoclaw
    Pro Vantage 3500 Warn Winch
    Rear Cargo Box
    Adventure Pro Magellan
    EMP Rear View Mirror
    Super ATV Flip Windshield & Half Windshield
    Amsoil synthetics throughout

  6. #75
    Spectator
    Member #
    16194
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3
    Member #
    16194
    Liked
    3 times
    Harsh words !! It’s their opinion no need to name call. those clowns you wouldn’t like it if that was said about you. We are bigger then that don’t you think ?

  7. #76
    Slow Poke Stroodle's Avatar
    Member #
    221
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pemberton, BC
    Posts
    36
    Member #
    221
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
    You have 5000 km on this machine? And you recently did these mods?

    Two things, that belt surely has some wear so that can account for it and that engine is probably getting tired a bit. And lastly your tire size
    5000 km -tired engine??? WTF??? I had 30,000 km on my Rhino engine and it is still going. I maintain my stuff pretty well. I have put 700 km on in a single weekend! I hope you just read this wrong! I did the clutch mods about a month ago - immediately after they became available. I still think the clutching did little to nothing for my stock X2 - for the 8 km/h I gained, I think that was due to the ECU programming removing the speed limiter. I might reinstall my stock clutch and stock weights and confirm. Too bad, I was excited for a while.
    robert.w.smith.76 and DWRAT like this.
    2019 Wolverine X2 SE
    Yamaha Warn 3500 Provantage w/synthetic
    rope and wireless remote
    22" curved LED bar
    Stroodle Aluminum box rails
    Kolpin Stronghold rifle and chainsaw boot
    26" Maxxis BigHorn 3.0
    Hunterworks Sheave/weights
    Weller Racing flash
    On my second roof - don't ask!
    More to come...

  8. #77
    Mechanic
    Member #
    15214
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    80
    Member #
    15214
    Liked
    59 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroodle View Post
    5000 km -tired engine??? WTF??? I had 30,000 km on my Rhino engine and it is still going. I maintain my stuff pretty well. I have put 700 km on in a single weekend! I hope you just read this wrong! I did the clutch mods about a month ago - immediately after they became available. I still think the clutching did little to nothing for my stock X2 - for the 8 km/h I gained, I think that was due to the ECU programming removing the speed limiter. I might reinstall my stock clutch and stock weights and confirm. Too bad, I was excited for a while.
    I am curious to hear your results. I have 28" tires and the weller flash and I am getting 57 mph. I think just a lighter weight will help me get up over 60 mph. I think that due to the larger tires, I am not getting full shift out. Other than that, I am very happy with my setup and hoping to avoid doing the sheave. I may, at some point try going a little lighter on the weights to see if that allows the engine to rev a bit further.

    In your case, you are probably correct. On stock tires, these machines are almost too torquey. The sheave might have given you more bottom end and maybe some better accelleration. I don't think the sheave can give you more top end unless it is allowing the belt to run higher. Larger tires would be the only solution for more top end.

  9. #78
    Gear Grinder DWRAT's Avatar
    Member #
    15244
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    211
    Member #
    15244
    Liked
    150 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin5881 View Post
    I am curious to hear your results. I have 28" tires and the weller flash and I am getting 57 mph. I think just a lighter weight will help me get up over 60 mph. I think that due to the larger tires, I am not getting full shift out. Other than that, I am very happy with my setup and hoping to avoid doing the sheave. I may, at some point try going a little lighter on the weights to see if that allows the engine to rev a bit further.

    In your case, you are probably correct. On stock tires, these machines are almost too torquey. The sheave might have given you more bottom end and maybe some better accelleration. I don't think the sheave can give you more top end unless it is allowing the belt to run higher. Larger tires would be the only solution for more top end.
    Lighter weights will just make it rev higher at lower speeds, not what you want.
    2019 X2 SE Black
    29x9-14 all around.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Engine Braking vs clutch mods
    By 1brokeford in forum CVT, Sheaves & Wet Clutch
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-25-2017, 06:18 AM
  2. CVT Clutch mods explained
    By Flyer in forum CVT, Sheaves & Wet Clutch
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-17-2016, 09:53 AM
  3. Wolverine Clutch kits and sheave on site!!!
    By Hunterworks in forum Hunterworks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-12-2015, 07:43 AM
  4. Yamaha Wolverine Mods/Parts/Accessories, not made by Yamaha
    By d_young_747 in forum Wolverine General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2015, 01:05 PM
  5. Wolverine Clutch testing today!!!
    By Hunterworks in forum Hunterworks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2015, 12:09 PM

Search tags for this page

2019 wolverine cltuch mods
,

speedohealer wolverine x4

,
swiss-cheesed airbox lid x4
,
wolverine clutch mods
,
wolverine x2 clutch
,
wolverine x2 top speed improvement
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
WolverineForums.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on WolverineForums.com is generated by its users and WolverineForums.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.