Cold start ?
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Cold start ?

This is a discussion on Cold start ? within the X2/X4 Engine forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; Does anybody else have the problem when it’s cold out it will start and run for about two seconds then shut off then just restart ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cold start ?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times

Cold start ?

Does anybody else have the problem when it’s cold out it will start and run for about two seconds then shut off then just restart it and runs fine only does it when it’s a cold start .

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Yes if it is a Gen 1 they are known to do this. Mine got better the more miles I put on it
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec SE. Yamaha rear grab bar, Hunterworks PC V fuel controller,KFI winch mount,Motoalliance 2500# Midnight winch,Yamaha wind deflector and more to come😊.
    SSV Works stereo, Tribal Whips 4’ Orange whip.SuperAtv flip up windshield,

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipman14 View Post
    Does anybody else have the problem when it’s cold out it will start and run for about two seconds then shut off then just restart it and runs fine only does it when it’s a cold start .
    I noticed this same problem with mine this weekend. it was 27 degrees (f) out and the X2 was in the garage (about 35 degrees)
    UPNORTH
    2019 camo x2 Rspec
    27" MOTOMAX
    yamaha soft cab and windshield
    provantage winch
    LED light
    Warn plow
    yamaha heater

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Mine is a x4

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1604 times
    Yamaha's have been known to do this for years (decades), on my Kodiak and multiple Grizzly's I found that if I turned the switch to on and let the fuel pump prime the system first it helped. Some do it, some don't, but it's been like that for years. You can research this on sites like Grizzly Central, it just happens and Yamaha has never re-flashed any machines, folks just try to beat it with fuel programmers.
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    My old FI 700 rhino did this also.
    2019 X2 SE Black
    29x9-14 all around.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    I’m ok with it I guess If it’s no big deal. I was just concerned it was a sign of something else to come.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    mine stalls at least once when first started. this weekend it stalled 3 times at first start for the day. and then ran fine. this is with the x2 and the original wolverine i had did the same.
    2019 wolverine X2 R-spec SE
    bighorn 2.0 27 x 9 12 front 27 x 11 12 rear
    yamaha full cab with wiper and washer
    yamaha front brush guard
    yamaha rear brush guard
    yamaha cv boot guards front and rear
    yamaha rock sliders
    yamaha trunk box
    warn 3500 lb winch, synthetic rope, aluminum hawse fairlead, and winch remote
    kawell 28" led light bar
    ridged industries dome light and bed light
    midland micro mobile gmrs two way
    wet sounds stealth 6 ultra hd sound bar
    ROWE electronics AMPlink
    and more

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I had a Yamaha motorcycle do this as well. Typical remedy/fix was to turn the key the on for a couple seconds until the fuel pump relay did it's thing. In this time the speedo and tach would cycle thru its pre-flight. Seemed to work.
    DWRAT likes this.

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #
    Same issue here with my '19 x2.
    Have tried cycling the key a few times, letting the spedo do its start up and wait till the fuel pump stops running each time and still get the issue. (guessing the lack of a fuel return line is preventing it for letting the system get a full prime) When its cold out, it starts just about as rough as my '06 rhino. Once it does start, if i dont let it idle long enough before putting my foot on the peddle it will die, then it will start up just fine and run without any issues. Really feels like the fuel system is loosing fuel prime when it sits for a while. (but only happens when the temp is "cold"?) I am at 6200ft alt running 91oct, but would have hoped being injected the system would be a bit more forgiving when its cold. At least I havn't had to carry a can of starter fluid in the glove box like with the rhino. It does at least try to crank over and eventually does. The rhino will just straight up refuse if it is too cold out.

J
    2019 X2 R-Spec SE Blue | XTC blinker and horn kit, OEM A arm "skid" plates, OEM front winch, OEM fold down windshield.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links