First Engine Oil Change - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

First Engine Oil Change

This is a discussion on First Engine Oil Change within the X2/X4 Engine forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; This is what I got from reading the manual, don't know form sure that it is correct but it might be the reason for the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: First Engine Oil Change

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    This is what I got from reading the manual, don't know form sure that it is correct but it might be the reason for the time difference. This is on a 2019 Wolverine.

1. Warm Engine to at least 148°. Idle for at least 10 seconds, shut vehicle off and wait 10 seconds to check oil, do this for a normal oil check.

2. Warm engine to at least 148°, let idle for 10 seconds, wait at least 10 minutes before checking oil-do this for oil changes.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    So I did my 1500 mile oil and transmission fluid changes today. I had my break-in service done at the dealer so this was the first time that I had done them myself. It worked out very well. The transmission fluid was a breeze. The oil took a little longer but I was taking my time dotting all my i's and crossing my t's since it was the first time. I totally understand where you guys are come from as far as getting the level on the dipstick right though on the engine oil. I measured out the 3.5 quarts adding the 2.64 first the manual says to and then using the rest to bring the level up and it read on the lower end of the hash marks checking it after 10 seconds and ten minutes at normal temperature. I tried everything that the manual said experimenting to see what different results I might get. I did ad a couple more ounces (just a splash more being very careful) to bring it up to the center of the hash marks of the dipstick. I did check it several more times again with it being in the middle still so I'm feeling good about it. And now since I'm on vacation all week from work this week it's time to put some more miles on her.
    2018 X4 Special Edition
    STI HD7 Wheels In Radiant Red
    Gladiator ATR 28X10R14 Tires
    18g HV Weights
    UNI Two Stage Air Filter
    Suntop
    OEM Windshield
    OEM Rear Bumper With Reverse Lights Mod
    Seizmik Strike Mirrors With Red Inserts
    Super ATV Tinted Rear Window

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    224 times
    Oil and filter change is close to 4 quarts from what I have found.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 19Wherry View Post
    You might want to check you air intake drain.
    wolvymanx4 likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 19Wherry View Post
    3.5 qts is needed. 4 qts is too much.
    2019 X2 SE Black
    29x9-14 all around.

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    I found that buying a large plastic graduated pitcher and putting 3.5 qts. in it. Now I know I have enough oil for checking after a short ride. Then I recheck the level and mark a new line on the pitcher if needed. The oil level checking process is not a confidence builder and as others have stated, it is very hard to see with the new oil. A turkey baster is what I have been using to add/remove small amounts of oil.
    DWRAT likes this.
    2019 X2 R-spec SE, Black, Full cab, heater, wiper, tracks, Warn 4500 wireless winch,synthetic. Sendona wheels, 5/2, Sedona rip saws 27x11xR14 , Moose plow, Furion RV back-up camera, Garmin GPS. All Glass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links