Bent A arm
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Bent A arm

This is a discussion on Bent A arm within the Suspension forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; About a year ago I put on the cheap lift kit and after that I noticed the machine pulling to the right. I figured it ...

Thread: Bent A arm

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times

Bent A arm

About a year ago I put on the cheap lift kit and after that I noticed the machine pulling to the right. I figured it was the lift kit, so I went out to the garage with the intent to remove it. I started looking closely and I noticed the front drivers side wheel was about 3 inches further back the the other side. I have no idea how I never noticed this before as I have washed it many times and generally look after it. It hasn’t had a hard life, but I have banged it a few times,

I used the winch on my Atv to pull it back out and now it steers fine. I am not sure if the A arm was bent or the tabs on the frame, but it seems ok. I am still surprised it was bent that badly as it hasn’t been abused.

Black Magic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    422 times
    I suppose it depended on where the bend was so that where the weak point was to really understand. They should endure a reasonable amount of tough riding. There are a few on the forum who say they ride their machines HARD. I won't mention who (leave it to them to speak to this). Even hitting a boulder you still rolled over etc should be absorbed by the frame etc.

I am surprised you had that happen. too bad you did not spot where the bend was.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

BearClaw HTR 27 inch tires
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope
    LED Headlights, Yellow Light Bar

Mountaineer
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    I would want to lay my eyes on what bent and what it looked like bent back before I took it out again.

Would have wanted to see damage before pulling as sometimes you can do more damage. Often requires disassembly and heating to properly straighten what gets bent but you know what your working with.

Sponsored Links