Why aren't there FRONT Grease zerks? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Why aren't there FRONT Grease zerks?

This is a discussion on Why aren't there FRONT Grease zerks? within the Suspension forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; thanks good to know. I believe I am ok pushing it at over 600km now.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Why aren't there FRONT Grease zerks?

Rocket
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    255 times
    thanks good to know.

I believe I am ok pushing it at over 600km now....
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

BigHorn 2.0 27 inch tires
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    449 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Budro2 View Post
    There are sealed caps on the rear ones that take grease. 4650 hard miles on mine. 511 hrs. Not one issue yet with the bushings on the A arms front or rear, ball joints or the rear grease-able pivot points. Changed tie rod ends at 4000 miles, pretty loose. Should have changed them at 3000. There cheap and extremely quick and easy to replace!
    put an old tie rod end in a baggy and in bottom of console or tool bag. If you bust one on trail you will be glad for the emergency spare.
    Budro2 likes this.
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Camo, , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS mudguards, Autometer Temp Gauge, SATV A-arms, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/manual switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, 27" 9 & 11Maxxis Vipr,4000 Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harnesses, JBS/Eibach springs, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam

Rocket
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    255 times
    Since this is all new. I'd have to buy a new part to stash away. I'll look up the # in a parts list and see what costs come up for it. I don't ride hard. My Kingquad had original ends and bushings at 13,000km. If you were coming up behind on the trail. If I see you (I have a mirror now), I can see those who ride with their headlights on and should be a MUST. You'd find me pulling over to wave you on past me. I continue after and repeat as others encounter me even coming the other way I pull to the side for ample clearance which is a real must do in the SxS. The ATV had more room to pass.
    Last edited by Tripplec; 06-02-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

BigHorn 2.0 27 inch tires
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    331 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    put an old tie rod end in a baggy and in bottom of console or tool bag. If you bust one on trail you will be glad for the emergency spare.
    Did that!
    2016 R SPEC SE
    EMP front and rear bumpers
    Viper Elite 4000 winch
    Super ATV flip up windshield
    Sway bar delete
    Tusk visor
    Fabricated quick detach headache rack w/ optional storage rack
    Hunterworks sheeve, 16gr weights, green spring, slippery washers,modified CVT cover, 1mm shim, slug kit, exhaust tip w/ stock baffle mod, pcv, ais block off plate
    28x10x14 CST Clinchers, 14x7 STI HD3 black gloss wheels, 1” rear spacers
    Trucker mud flap mod
    2" Gorilla lift
    Seizmik strike mirrors

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    449 times
    Tripp- before spending money on a spare you might just think about replacing the OEM with an upgrade and using the OEM as a spare I have included the auto ones with part number you can find at most auto parts stores. Rather than spending the bigger bucks for the Moog I figured any china knockoff of an automotive grade part will be fine for the level of stress we need. The pics give the parts number and the other views show where I hand files the tapered shaft straight. Leave a little flat at the top with a thin wrench (I made it 13 mm) and protect boot with a big washer when filing. These ends are a little longer so IIRC I had to cut barrel a little shorter and the tie rod a little (cut them both even so alignment will match).
    Name:  P2090002.JPG
Views: 48
Size:  103.2 KB
    Name:  P2090004.JPG
Views: 43
Size:  102.9 KB
    Name:  P2090006.JPG
Views: 50
Size:  104.8 KB
    Name:  P2090008.JPG
Views: 47
Size:  105.2 KB
    Doc T, Tripplec, Budro2 and 2 others like this.
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Camo, , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS mudguards, Autometer Temp Gauge, SATV A-arms, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/manual switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, 27" 9 & 11Maxxis Vipr,4000 Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harnesses, JBS/Eibach springs, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    449 times
    for clarity for any machinist types or purists who don't like a little filing time: there is a tapered drill bit you can get to drill out the spindle, but I was not sure if you could accurately control it in a hand drill and the effort to remove spindle and take it to drill press and reinstall would take more than the filing time. And that's not to mention that the cheapest I could find that bit was $90...and I am frugal lol.
    and btw- to save some filing time, use a Dremel or rotary grinder to rough shape the shaft and then clean it up with a file.
    erik likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links