not so Perfect Perfex lift kit - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

not so Perfect Perfex lift kit

This is a discussion on not so Perfect Perfex lift kit within the Suspension forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Originally Posted by jimclemjr I believe the Wolv 'rake' is probably OEM setup just a result of maximizing the travel of the shocks and anticipated ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: not so Perfect Perfex lift kit

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    151 times

not so Perfect Perfex lift kit

Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    I believe the Wolv 'rake' is probably OEM setup just a result of maximizing the travel of the shocks and anticipated heavy loads in bed. Which is probably a best initial generic setup for this litigious society. However, I would respectfully submit that when you think of how the center of gravity reacts to a vehicle in motion with dips and bumps and how that affects the change of direction of the mass, then I want to keep it about level and balanced side to side to react to the forces encountered. I could not find that the OEM manual addresses this matter. But I did find in the Fox Shock manual for their upgrade shocks that they say in print, the shocks should be preload adjusted so that "the FRONT should always be 1/2" to 1" higher than the REAR". (that's not exact wording but close-should have cut and pasted it lol). My nephew is an atv racer and has a racing shock business and that is the way he has taught me to setup my machines. Even though we Wolvs typically don't come close to racing stresses, cutting a 20 mph path down a wooded, rutted, bumpy trail makes me want all the advantage I can get. I would encourage all to test different configurations and adjust to what your riding style and load carrying configurations are. (btw- the Fox Manual has some good primer and glossary on what the compression and rebound adjustments can do for anyone interested)
    Good info here thanks! I noticed that my rear was higher than the front, and wondered about that. I may do some testing and lower the rear some like your suggesting. I have noticed a difference in the way the front and rear react to bumps and ruts but haven’t messed with anything yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by david.tackman; 05-08-2018 at 06:55 AM.
    2017 camo
    TGM doors soon
    Yamaha folder
    AMS M1 Evil tires
    Free with purchase winch

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    (btw- the Fox Manual has some good primer and glossary on what the compression and rebound adjustments can do for anyone interested)
    Thanks for that info jim, where would one find this fox manual, sounds like interesting reading.

thanks.
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec Blue
    2008 B-King
    1997 KLR650

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1142 times
    Just went to the 'Fox Shocks' site and I believe I found it under 'Support' for the 2.0 QS-3 that is the Wolv upgrade shock they have IIRC
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Black , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS rad guards, Autometer Temp Gauge, Alba Racing Reflash, SATV A-arms & DIY stick guards, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/man switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, YXZ wheel studs, 28" 9 & 11 BH 2.0, 4000# Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, JBS/Eibach springs, SPAL fan, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam, Midland MXT275

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Enjoying my Wolverine
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    Good info

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Sorry to open an old thread... But, I just got my lift installed and also am noticing a "darting" feeling when turning on blacktop that didn't exist before the lift. I had always thought my machine had quite a visible negative camber. Now, with the lift on, the camber seems to be pretty neutral. I don't believe camber can be adjusted anyway...

Is there something to the Toe being changed with the lift that I should look at then?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    504 times
    Quote Originally Posted by yyz View Post
    After installing the 2" Perfex lift I noticed my steering either pulls left or right, the machine does not want to track straight.

It is most noticeable on pavement or hard surfaces. I think I may remove it.

Your alignment was probably off before installation, now it's just more noticeable. Mine runs fine, never had any issues.
    Budro2 likes this.
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Alpine white

Super ATV full flip windshield~Yamaha soft doors & Rear window~KFI 3000# winch & mount~Overhead gun rack~Tablet GPS
    Apeman video cam~Rear bench seat and integrated storage box~Monster Nomad blue tooth speaker~Perfex 2" lift
    Yamaha padding kit~Accessory bar~Overfenders~Sedona Ripsaw R/T 28x10R14 tires on Storm beadlock wheels ~Chupacabra side mirrors~AIS block off~X4 SE red, black, grey seats~X4 SE steering wheel~Traveller LED's

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1144 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SCSJeff View Post
    Sorry to open an old thread... But, I just got my lift installed and also am noticing a "darting" feeling when turning on blacktop that didn't exist before the lift. I had always thought my machine had quite a visible negative camber. Now, with the lift on, the camber seems to be pretty neutral. I don't believe camber can be adjusted anyway...

Is there something to the Toe being changed with the lift that I should look at then?
    Yes. It's probably toed in after the lift.
    Good judgment comes from experience, most of which comes from bad judgement

2016 R spec Black
    Superwinch Terra 45
    27x9r12 Bearclaw HTR's on STI HD beadlocks
    Bunch of LED lights
    Hunterworks PCV
    AIS delete
    DIY exhaust tip
    JBS Eibach spring kit
    2" Perfex Lift
    Sway Bar Delete
    Hunterworks greaseless sheave