Crazy stuff at SuperATV - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Crazy stuff at SuperATV

This is a discussion on Crazy stuff at SuperATV within the Super ATV forums, part of the Supporting Vendors category; I would love to see some extensions for the x2 doors. They start out nice and tall by the hinges then drop off. I want ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Crazy stuff at SuperATV

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    I would love to see some extensions for the x2 doors. They start out nice and tall by the hinges then drop off. I want doors like the General that i can rest my arm on. Next would be a kit to widen the stance. I don't get Yamaha bragging about the 59" width. Everybody else is 62-64" or more. My old Gen 1 was 64 1/2" and worked great. This x2 is too narrow IMO
    SuperATV likes this.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    557 times
    The reason for Yamaha bragging about the 59" width is a legal issue, at least for the time being. Some parts of the U.S. have trails and/or laws governing trail widths in 2 categories 50" and 60". Utah (Paiute Trail System), Florida (Silver Lake Trail System), and Maine (private property) are just 3 examples where the gov't regulates trail widths for OHVs on some trails with a width limit of 60". With this U.S. Forestry Service trail regulation and some state laws Yamaha can say that their x2/x4 meets applicable width trail restrictions where 60" trail width restrictions apply.
    Last edited by PapaSkeeta; 02-02-2019 at 08:55 PM.
    SuperATV likes this.
    2016 R Spec EPS, Realtree, 29x9x14 & 29x11x14 Tusk Warthogs on ITP SS112
    Hunterworks Sheave, Greaseless 18 gr wts (did have 16 gr.), Purple Sec. Spring, Wet Clutch Slugs
    Painted Control/Gear Symbols, Bad Dog Side Mirrors, EMP Panoramic Rear Mirror,
    Interior Overhead LED lights, Blue Floorboard LED Lights, Custom Side Rain Curtains
    Radiator Mud Guards, Yamaha Alum. Front Diff. Guard, Perfex 2" Lift, Winch,
    Grease Fitting Modification for Lower Rear A-Arm, Koso Coolant Temp. Gauge,
    RAM Mounts for GPS & 8" Tablet, Under Seat Storage Box, Folding Windshield,
    EMP Front/ Rear Bumpers, 100W 17" LED light, 18W Rear Flood LEDs 2x
    Great Day Gun Rack, Stebel Air Horn, Adjustable Driver's Seat, Turn Signals,
    Street Legal/TN Tag

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    377 times
    1 1/2" wheel spacers would widen it to 62" and they already have those.
    SuperATV likes this.
    Wolverine X2 R-Spec SE
    27" Big Horn 2s, SuperATV Flip Windshield, Yamaha Soft Cab, Yamaha Cargo Box, Kolpin 3500# winch w/ synthetic rope, KFI winch mount, UPI Inferno Heater, JBL PRV-175 stereo, Polk 6.5 speakers, Garmin Drive 60 with VV Mapping. Lots of other little things.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    A cover or topper for the dump bed on the X2 to keep stuff secure and out of the weather that is easily removable.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    557 times
    A driver's side Pillar mounted pod that 2 - 4 switches could be mounted in and a plastic bed cover similar to what is made for the Polaris General that keeps everything in the bed clean. https://www.sidebysidestuff.com/emp-...s-general.html
    Last edited by PapaSkeeta; 02-03-2019 at 11:14 AM.
    2016 R Spec EPS, Realtree, 29x9x14 & 29x11x14 Tusk Warthogs on ITP SS112
    Hunterworks Sheave, Greaseless 18 gr wts (did have 16 gr.), Purple Sec. Spring, Wet Clutch Slugs
    Painted Control/Gear Symbols, Bad Dog Side Mirrors, EMP Panoramic Rear Mirror,
    Interior Overhead LED lights, Blue Floorboard LED Lights, Custom Side Rain Curtains
    Radiator Mud Guards, Yamaha Alum. Front Diff. Guard, Perfex 2" Lift, Winch,
    Grease Fitting Modification for Lower Rear A-Arm, Koso Coolant Temp. Gauge,
    RAM Mounts for GPS & 8" Tablet, Under Seat Storage Box, Folding Windshield,
    EMP Front/ Rear Bumpers, 100W 17" LED light, 18W Rear Flood LEDs 2x
    Great Day Gun Rack, Stebel Air Horn, Adjustable Driver's Seat, Turn Signals,
    Street Legal/TN Tag

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    214 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kdt1970 View Post
    I have a specific idea. I would like to see mirrors and brackets that can bolt to the A-Pillar bolts. Instead of wrapping around it.
    I like that. It would be convenient. I think the only thing they're concerned about is making it work with the flip windshield which bolts to the A-pillar bolts. It could be easily done though. Definitely passing it up the pole.
    MORSNO and Piston Yamaha like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    214 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Yamaha View Post
    I'd like to see some upper doors. I have a Yamaha soft cab and I don't like that I have to unzip the window to get in and out.

Also:
    Rear Storage Box
    Speaker Enclosures
    Behind the seat storage - There's a decent amount of room back there.
    Seat uppers with openings for safety harnesses
    There's an area under the driver seat that could hold a large storage box. You can easily access it after cutting a hole beneath the seat.
    Switch panels to replace the warning panel in the dash center.
    Overhead console for stereo, 2 way radio etc. There's some steel up there that could work well for mounts.
    Spare tire holder off the tailgate.

I could go on, but I'll let you work with this for now.
    Lol!! You're putting me to work!!! I'm pretty sure we've been toying around with releasing some nice seats with openings for a nice harness. I'm pretty sure I can make the storage box happen. Just have to mock up the installation with the one we're currently making. I know we're working on a full cab enclosure which will be the same nice material as the windshields. Spare tire holder is a good idea. That may be something that we could mock up pretty quick.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    214 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fjrmurph View Post
    a pillar mounted pod with temp guage and tachometer for my Wolverine ??? Oh yes and what is the best kind of shampoo for my beard ?
    Lol!!! A good beard oil/conditioner is the key. It keeps it tame and smells nice! I use a local lady's stuff, but there's a company called Honest Amish that makes some good stuff!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    214 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie View Post
    Front bumper with slot for winch and place to mount light bar. Bigger bed.
    Nice! Brush guard with a winch mount! Good idea!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    214 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddler6.7 View Post
    Mid travel or long travel suspension is the #1 thing for me. Only need a couple inches of lift but I want a lot more travel and I want to be able to fit at least 30s on my X4 without rubbing. I would be happy with just offset a-arms and shocks that allow a few more inches of travel.

I really don't like the looks of any of the aftermarket bumpers that are out for the X4. There are only a few options really, and I think the factory bumper looks better then either of them. The EMP bumper and the yamaha accessory front brush guard. I think JEI or something like that makes a rear bumper that is ok, I will probably buy that one.

The bars/grab handles that run behind the seats are not at a good height to attach harnesses to IMO, there is definitely a market to replace those bars with the intention of adding harnesses. I see posts on the forum all the time about putting harnesses in these.

Adding a sound bar to the X4 doesnt work out really well because of the placement of the overhead tubing. It puts the sound bar right over people's heads. I though about fabbing up a tube that runs side to side, about 8" - 12" behind the middle tube, that would place the sound bar out of harm's way for the front and rear passengers.

Some kind of an overhead mount for a 2way or VHF/UHF radio.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Nice! A long travel would really make that Wolvie a great competitor. We have portals right now that add lift and width, and allow for bigger tires. I think we're also knocking out some forward arms soon to help with the bigger tires. It'll have to be forward and rear offset arms, because I think the rear is going to be one of the limiting factors on getting a much bigger tire in there.
    Gjones700 likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links