Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

X4 Offset A-Arms

30K views 146 replies 32 participants last post by  OrangeMan73 
#1 ·
Is Superatv working on offset a arms for the wolverine X4? If so, any kind of ETA? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I suppose they won't be making any for the 2018 and below R-spec will they?

#7 ·
Thanks!

#14 ·
The X4 (2018/19) needs rear off-set arms to space the wheels from the frame... I am pretty sure that I am not alone in asking for a little more room between the tire and frame.

Reactions: wolvymanx4
#17 ·
Agreed. Surprised to hear it's just fronts. I would have thought the rears would have been the priority for the X4. With 28's I've never rubbed in the front. I do have an aggressive offset wheel but most running the same size wheel all the way around get wider in the front. Nevertheless the front is dandy. The rear is the fire that needs to be put out.

#18 ·
Subscribing to this thread. Hopefully we can have some info soon on either the new a-arms on the 2020’s or an aftermarket solution. I’d happily open my wallet to any solution that would give more clearance without the potential issues that the current lift kits seem to have.

Reactions: SuperATV
#22 ·
Definitely. I think even .5" backset would fix the slight rub with my 28's in the rear. But 1" would be better.

#23 ·
I'm pretty sure the reason we haven't moved forward with the rear offset arms is that any further offset in the rear would to make the axles bind up. They would require new axles with some beefy CV's. Its a hard sell to convince everyone that they'll have to buy 2 new beefy axles if they want to run rear offset arms. If the stock axles would work without any worries, it would be a no-brainer.

#26 ·
Portals would get you up there and give you plenty of gearing.

#28 ·
Just checked with my guys in engineering, and they said you should be able to fit a 31" tire with just the forward arms. Probably a 32" with slight rubbing in extreme suspension compression and turn situations.

That means you can probably fit some BIG meats on there with the forward arms, lift, and portals. I'll have some max tire size numbers for the combo when the A-arms are finished.

#29 · (Edited)
I'm not sure I'm understanding what your saying. But what good would it do to be able to run a 31"-32" inch tire in the front with forward arms if you still could only run a 28" tire in the rear. And that is with slight rubbing with that 28 in the rear. And if you could run the fronts that far forward with the stock axle's it's hard to believe that the rears could not go .5"-1" only back. You would think that would be less than the Super ATV 2" X4 lift moves the axles down. I would think that to go backwards a bit you would probably have to actually shorten the arms maybe a bit to do so with the stock axles but some spacers to bring the wheels back out would easily widen the stance back to where you want it.

Reactions: Dangerdad1101
#30 ·
Not sure if there's a difference in rear tire clearance from the X2 to the X4, but the X2 looks like its going to be easy to throw on a 31". The axle bind in the rear happens in other machines. I think it must be a little offset from the factory, or just comes with tiny little CV joints. We have to do the same thing with the Polaris RZR 900 S and General models. They're offset from the factory and require better axles to add the rear offset A-arms.

#31 ·
If y'all would build a better axle than stock for an X2, I'm sure it would sell. I know the front axles break. I've broke one. I'm in several different Yamaha groups online and I hear the stock axles are a weak link and I've read where quite a few have broke, especially the front ones. It sucks to only have OEM available. Make some better axles for the X2/X4 and I'll buy them. I put your axles on my older model Wolverine after breaking the stock ones a couple of times and never had any more issues.

#33 ·
Is all this offset a-arms front and rear talk only for the x2 body? I have the gen 1 and am dying to get some rear offset a-arms! I would buy fronts also but rear is the main conscern. I'd also buy beefier axles if it's needed to move them back 1-2". I need these bad, so I can run some 33-34" like previously stated before In a post! I know portals would accomplish this and more and they're most definitely on my list but @$3k is pricy! The combo of all the above would be game changing! Prob 37"'s with no problems! Damn now just picture that one!!!

#34 ·
We have axles along eith front and rear ached arms for the Gen 1, but unfortunately they aren't offset. They've been around awhile with no forward option, so I'm assuming there may have been the same axle bind issue with the Gen 1 offset arms. The portals on top of a 2" lift will definitely help. I doubt it'll clear 37"s without rubbing. You can always start hacking away with a sawzall! Lol!

#41 ·
Not looking good to get before Christmas?
Well...here's the thing. Lol! We're hoping to have them done and ready...probably boxed up before Christmas. But...I don't think we'll be able to have the website updated in time to get them up and for sale before Christmas. I'm pushing the teams around to hustle, but the availability on the website may not line up.

#44 ·
We're hoping to have them live on the website by sometime next week. The one we were using was sold, so we're hoping for another test fitment before throwing them out there. I'm pretty sure they're coming out of powder coating and getting boxed up right now.

On that note...can anyone get me a guaranteed max tire size for the rear tire on a stock X2 vs. a stock X4. Looks like we can go pretty big on the front, but until we can get another X2 and X4 in here I'll be guessing at the max tire in the rear. Pretty sure the X2 can fit a pretty big tire in the rear, so that may not be an issue. Wondering if wheel spacers will also change the max tire size in the rear.

#46 ·
28" tall is the largest an X4 will take in the rear. With or without spacers. I have ran 2 different brands of 28"s so far and I can tell you first hand that it will even depend on what brand of tire you have to determine if a 28 will rub or not. Due to the fact that the actual tire size varies from brand to brand. Some are true to size, some are oversized and some under. The first set that I ran had some frame rub but the set I currently run have no rubbing issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.