X4 Offset A-Arms - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

X4 Offset A-Arms

This is a discussion on X4 Offset A-Arms within the Super ATV forums, part of the Supporting Vendors category; I will add that my 28" Terrabites rub slightly on the frame in the rear. So to have a little more room (maybe 1/2-1" Rearward) ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: X4 Offset A-Arms

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    I will add that my 28" Terrabites rub slightly on the frame in the rear. So to have a little more room (maybe 1/2-1" Rearward) would be a benefit to many.
    Dangerdad1101 and wolvymanx4 like this.
    2018 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE (Matte Silver)
    -JBS Sheave and Springs, Weller ECM Flash, 14" ITP Hurricane Wheels/28"Terrabites, Lots of OEM Accessories...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    533 times
    Definitely. I think even .5" backset would fix the slight rub with my 28's in the rear. But 1" would be better.
    2018 X4 Special Edition
    STI HD7 Wheels In Radiant Red
    GBC Kanati Mongrel 28X10R14 Tires
    1.5" Wheel Spacers In The Rear
    18g HV Weights
    UNI Two Stage Air Filter
    Suntop
    OEM Windshield
    OEM Rear Bumper With Reverse Lights Mod
    Seizmik Strike Mirrors With Red Inserts
    Super ATV Tinted Rear Window
    UTV Tek Sun Visors

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    293 times
    I'm pretty sure the reason we haven't moved forward with the rear offset arms is that any further offset in the rear would to make the axles bind up. They would require new axles with some beefy CV's. Its a hard sell to convince everyone that they'll have to buy 2 new beefy axles if they want to run rear offset arms. If the stock axles would work without any worries, it would be a no-brainer.
    MORSNO and wolvymanx4 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    I've seen several discussions where people would be willing to buy the axles and a arms from the new X4 if they would fit. It doesn't looks like that will work though. I would guess that many would be willing to buy axles and a arms to move the wheels back 1-2".

Slow Poke
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    If I could run more lift by buying new axles and new arms, I would be on that list. I would love to have an Honest 4" of lift and then 30" tires, yeah I know add a new clutch and I would be styling. Rocks out here are a touch big, nice to ride over them with out worrying if I will hit!
    wolvymanx4 likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1603 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    If I could run more lift by buying new axles and new arms, I would be on that list. I would love to have an Honest 4" of lift and then 30" tires, yeah I know add a new clutch and I would be styling. Rocks out here are a touch big, nice to ride over them with out worrying if I will hit!
    Portals would get you up there and give you plenty of gearing.
    SuperATV likes this.
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    293 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MORSNO View Post
    Portals would get you up there and give you plenty of gearing.
    Portals!!! You get 4" of true lift, gear reduction, room for bigger tires, and you're still running your axles at stock angles.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    MORSNO likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    293 times
    Just checked with my guys in engineering, and they said you should be able to fit a 31" tire with just the forward arms. Probably a 32" with slight rubbing in extreme suspension compression and turn situations.

That means you can probably fit some BIG meats on there with the forward arms, lift, and portals. I'll have some max tire size numbers for the combo when the A-arms are finished.
    Duckmans likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    533 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperATV View Post
    Just checked with my guys in engineering, and they said you should be able to fit a 31" tire with just the forward arms. Probably a 32" with slight rubbing in extreme suspension compression and turn situations.

That means you can probably fit some BIG meats on there with the forward arms, lift, and portals. I'll have some max tire size numbers for the combo when the A-arms are finished.
    I'm not sure I'm understanding what your saying. But what good would it do to be able to run a 31"-32" inch tire in the front with forward arms if you still could only run a 28" tire in the rear. And that is with slight rubbing with that 28 in the rear. And if you could run the fronts that far forward with the stock axle's it's hard to believe that the rears could not go .5"-1" only back. You would think that would be less than the Super ATV 2" X4 lift moves the axles down. I would think that to go backwards a bit you would probably have to actually shorten the arms maybe a bit to do so with the stock axles but some spacers to bring the wheels back out would easily widen the stance back to where you want it.
    Last edited by wolvymanx4; 09-20-2019 at 09:32 PM.
    Dangerdad1101 likes this.
    2018 X4 Special Edition
    STI HD7 Wheels In Radiant Red
    GBC Kanati Mongrel 28X10R14 Tires
    1.5" Wheel Spacers In The Rear
    18g HV Weights
    UNI Two Stage Air Filter
    Suntop
    OEM Windshield
    OEM Rear Bumper With Reverse Lights Mod
    Seizmik Strike Mirrors With Red Inserts
    Super ATV Tinted Rear Window
    UTV Tek Sun Visors

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    293 times
    Not sure if there's a difference in rear tire clearance from the X2 to the X4, but the X2 looks like its going to be easy to throw on a 31". The axle bind in the rear happens in other machines. I think it must be a little offset from the factory, or just comes with tiny little CV joints. We have to do the same thing with the Polaris RZR 900 S and General models. They're offset from the factory and require better axles to add the rear offset A-arms.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links