Wet Clutch LOCK-UP Speed in High?? Anyone know.
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on Wet Clutch LOCK-UP Speed in High?? Anyone know. within the CVT, Sheaves & Wet Clutch forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; I know what it is in my Kingquad but haven't seen this mentioned thus far unless I haven't looked far enough back in time. Driving ...

Thread: Wet Clutch LOCK-UP Speed in High?? Anyone know.

Wholigan
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    346 times

I know what it is in my Kingquad but haven't seen this mentioned thus far unless I haven't looked far enough back in time.

Driving with the Wet Clutch fully engaged (locked up) is always desirable but many times that speed cannot be attained and even though Low is not needed. It maybe best to used to go easier on the wet clutch on longer slow situations. The Low range will result in more gas burned but better the gas then the clutch going. Since these don't have a Tach (RPM cannot be used for this state), only speed can be used as the reference point.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

BearClaw HTR 27 inch tires
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope
    LED Headlights, Yellow Light Bar

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    370 times
    I'm not sure anyone will be able to provide you with an actual number.

I have slugged my wet clutch (hardware from HunterWorks), as have many others, and it results in a much quicker engagement, and much less slipping. Now that you have larger/heavier tires, it might be something to look into, or just run in LOW more often like you mentioned.
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec Blue
    2008 B-King
    1997 KLR650

Wholigan
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    346 times
    I do run low occasional for that reason if I know i am not going to get up to 30km/hr for a long time or never on a particular purpose. Just good to know at what point the slipping stops. I don't believe the manual has any recommendation on it but I might have look later on to see. I saw a video where a clutch was worn right out badly on a Viking with < 700 miles on it. We don't know what the owner was doing but sure killed it. I don't hammer the throttle at all, at most I come up quickly after I've going it moving mostly to cross busy highways (don' t want to get T-boned).
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

BearClaw HTR 27 inch tires
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope
    LED Headlights, Yellow Light Bar

Sponsored Links