Oil consumption recall for 708 cc engines - Page 6
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Oil consumption recall for 708 cc engines

This is a discussion on Oil consumption recall for 708 cc engines within the Engine forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; I just check the PDF manual I have handy. YEP you're right COLD engine!! Oh well, I am not sure where I read about warming ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Oil consumption recall for 708 cc engines

Wholigan
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    I just check the PDF manual I have handy. YEP you're right COLD engine!! Oh well, I am not sure where I read about warming it up and checking afterwards.

EDIT: I also check now the engine which sat all night after a short ride yesterday.
    I verified 3 times the arrow up (needs a highlight of it as its hard to see) but the oil is right on the full mark or slightly above. My eyes not so good in poor lighting. I wiped and checked twice and its fine.
    Last edited by Tripplec; 09-28-2019 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Edited with updated info
    Big Don likes this.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

BearClaw HTR 27 inch tires
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope
    LED Headlights, Yellow Light Bar

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Well, I guess I'm an old man,,I bought mine at the end of 2015, I guess it was one of the first wolverines out,,I've had it 4 years now, It runs just like the day I bought it, I change the oil once a year, I pull my bass boat to & from the lake with it and do some light trail ridding, It does not use oil, Check out this vid I made right after I bought it.....
    MORSNO, Doc T and atkbike like this.

Wholigan
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Good video and using water pipe for the rad hose is neet solution. 1/2" sound small but even if 3/4" pipe its a cheaper solution than the aluminum ones I have seen used. Knowing the sensor thread sizes is the key tricker part of getting them hooked up.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

BearClaw HTR 27 inch tires
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope
    LED Headlights, Yellow Light Bar

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I have a 2017 Wolverine R Spec that I just checked the oil after riding approximately 200 miles in Arkansas last week and the oil went down from the top of the full mark to the bottom of the fill mark. I'm going to the Yamaha dealer today to talk to them about it. Wish me luck.
    Budro2 and LJ3 like this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsored Links