Box/bed bolts -Gen1
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Box/bed bolts -Gen1

This is a discussion on Box/bed bolts -Gen1 within the Wolverine How To forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Had my box/bed off for service and noticed on reinstall that 3 of the 9 shouldered torx bolts that go through box and are threaded ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Gergis
  • 2 Post By jimclemjr
  • 1 Post By Gergis

Thread: Box/bed bolts -Gen1

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times

Box/bed bolts -Gen1

Had my box/bed off for service and noticed on reinstall that 3 of the 9 shouldered torx bolts that go through box and are threaded into the middle frame cross rail were stripped so bad, they could be pushed through with my thumb. Simple fix....trip to hardware store for M6x1.0 nylock nuts. I did the ones in the rail at the back as well...too easy not too.
    You may want to check yours at some time.
    Planetcat and Paul65 like this.
    2016 Wolverine SE EPS
    DFK Cab Enclosure
    Heater and Wiper/Washer
    SSV Works Overhead Radio

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1142 times
    Yessir, did that a couple years ago. My box actually vibrated loose and wallered out the box holes. For ease of maintenance a couple things I do the first time you put on the washer for the upside down rail location, was I put a little butyl tape on the SS washer and when I remove the nut it stays. To easily get the nut in place to start on the screw, my son showed me a trick to put the nut in a boxed end wrench shoved thru a paper towel held over the wrench. Tear off the paper towel selvage, the nut stays in the wrench and after located and torqued in place, wrench easily comes off the nut.
    Budro2 and Paul65 like this.
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Black , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS rad guards, Autometer Temp Gauge, Alba Racing Reflash, SATV A-arms & DIY stick guards, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/man switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, YXZ wheel studs, 28" 9 & 11 BH 2.0, 4000# Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, JBS/Eibach springs, SPAL fan, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam, Midland MXT275

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    That's a neat trick!
    Paul65 likes this.
    2016 Wolverine SE EPS
    DFK Cab Enclosure
    Heater and Wiper/Washer
    SSV Works Overhead Radio

Sponsored Links