Seat Comfort MOD - Simple, Cheap & Effective
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on Seat Comfort MOD - Simple, Cheap & Effective within the Wolverine How To forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; What I've done to greatly increase my driving comfort. Given nothing is adjustable on the Wolverine. There isn't anyone I can see that would want ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Seat Comfort MOD - Simple, Cheap & Effective

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    820 times

What I've done to greatly increase my driving comfort. Given nothing is adjustable on the Wolverine. There isn't anyone I can see that would want the seats in those hole bringing if further forward. Hence I don't consider it an adjustment whatsoever.

The seat pad has some shape to it and cushion shape but for the taller rider the thigh are floating foot not as comfortable as could be. We can't move the seat further back but WE CAN TIP the seat pad UP!!

I had these big rubber washer for decade floating around nut and bolt collection and decided to use them. I measured and the 1/2" thick hard rubber. Will compress under torque so I had to buy 4 bolts approx 1 inch longer than what was there. (to do both seats) You could use a piece of wood cut by hole saw, large bolts nut all as spacers to space it off similarly.

NOTE: Start the rear thread and the front one before tightening down too much. Rear bolts were long enough for this mod, fronts need replacing.

Well Pic's worth a 1000 words they said back in the day. So have a look.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    MORSNO, Greggo, Tsckey and 1 others like this.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada
    >6000 km and going June 22nd, 2020
    [COLOR="#0000CD"]BearClaw HTR 27 inch tires (threads look excellent w/5000km on them now)
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope
    LED Headlights, Yellow Light Bar
    Backup Lights & interior overhead added
    /COLOR]

Slow Poke
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I have only owned my X2 for a month or so, but I like this mod. Being over 6ft tall, I find the seating arrangement a bit confining---so is the entry and exit situation; maybe the bolsters need to go, too! Too nasty out in the unheated shed to do much right now, but after things warm up a bit, I will start doing things; first will be Iridium plugs.
    '18 Viking III EPS, EPI clutch kit, sun top, RipSaws, 2" lift, winch, Yamaha windshield, Yamaha fr+rr bumpers, 1 inside mirror, storage bottle under driver's seat, custom built bed rails, custom built gun/shovel rack, center jump seat replacement storage box;
    '19 Wolverine X2 R-Spec, sun top, RipSaws, 2" lift, winch, Yamaha full windshield w/ rear wind screen, Yamaha fr+rr bumpers, Yamaha A-Arm guards, Yamaha alum. skid plate, 3 mirrors, Yamaha rear storage box;

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1048 times
    Might offer a suggestion that you use a ferrule inside the washer so that the bolt will torque and not loosen. Could make the ferrule out of maybe a machine bushing material (ACE Hardware) or electrical conduit cut to a length slightly shorter than washer thickness so you get some vibration dampening.

Edit- Planet Cat makes the point and I should have said that the seat plate should be drilled to a diameter slightly over the ferrule and use a big washer (larger than the ferrule hole) on the bolt head so that basically the seat floats on the rubber washer. That way the bolt will be like the deep OEM shoulder bolts used on plastic panels that torque down to frame and the plastic panel does not get squashed.
    Last edited by jimclemjr; 01-05-2020 at 09:58 PM. Reason: further info
    blast likes this.
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Black , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS rad guards, Autometer Temp Gauge, Alba Racing Reflash, SATV A-arms & DIY stick guards, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/man switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, YXZ wheel studs, 28" 9 & 11 BH 2.0, 4000# Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harn, JBS/Eibach springs, SPAL fan, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    295 times
    I did similar and it helps a lot. I used some 1/2” polycarbonate board on my gen1. I just sliced it on a table saw, And put it under the rails. I’m only 5’10”, but could have gone 3/4-1” on the raised height. I like triplplec’s rubber washer idea, since it prob absorbs shock too.
    2020 X2 XT-R, 2017 Yamaha Wolverine EPS w/26" Sedona RipSaws (Sold).

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    820 times
    A fellow could, if inclined push this a tad further. Eg Raise the rear .5" and front 1.0"
    This would give the same angle as I have which is more comfortable for the legs. (I am 6.0 ft) However, You'll need much longer metric bolts all around to remount the frame. I doubt very much you could go any more than that as it would cause the back to not sit properly.

Never the less its big improvement for me and my son when he also drives it.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada
    >6000 km and going June 22nd, 2020
    [COLOR="#0000CD"]BearClaw HTR 27 inch tires (threads look excellent w/5000km on them now)
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope
    LED Headlights, Yellow Light Bar
    Backup Lights & interior overhead added
    /COLOR]

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    533 times
    I did this with washers.
    Helps some, but not enough.
    I will have PRP seats this summer.
    2019 WOLVERINE X2 R-SPEC SE / Tactical Black
    ITP STEEL WHEEL 14x7
    Kenda Bear Claw HTR Radial Tire 28x11-14
    Warn AXON 45RC Winch w/ Synthetic Spydura Rope
    Yamaha Rear Cargo Box
    Yamaha Polycarbonate Front Windshield
    Yamaha Rock Sliders
    SuperATV’s Half Windshield
    Rogue Powersports Powerscreen mesh windshield
    Side X Side Enclosures Full Soft Cab
    Seizmik Halo-R Rearview Mirror & Pursuit Side View Mirrors
    Throttle-MAXX pedal
    Weller Racing ECU Flash, Stock Exhaust

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I am not satisfied with the seats in the X2 either. PRP seats for the Wolverine to my understanding will not fit the X2. They and most other brands of after market seats are just too wide to fit in place of the stock seats. I tried to fit in a set of Mastercraft seats from my old Rhino . The console is a problem and also the door frame. Maybe PRP has made a set to fit as of now. I spoke to them last fall and they had not plans to look into this.
    2019 Wolverine X2 R-SPEC SE

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    257 times
    The PRP seats look really good, just have to wonder are they much more comfortable..that's a lot of cash..
    2020 Wolverine X2 XT-R
    SuperATV flip-up windshield, OEM Soft Back Window
    OEM Cargo Box, Yamaha Adventure Pro, 52" LED light bar
    Factory UTV UHMW A-Arm Guards
    Sway bars deleted

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    The point of this mod is to raise the seats height?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2018 Wolverine X4 SE - Stock

4500# Champion Winch (Synthetic)
    SuperATV Flip Windshield

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1048 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Godti View Post
    The point of this mod is to raise the seats height?
    Only in the front.
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Black , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS rad guards, Autometer Temp Gauge, Alba Racing Reflash, SATV A-arms & DIY stick guards, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/man switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, YXZ wheel studs, 28" 9 & 11 BH 2.0, 4000# Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harn, JBS/Eibach springs, SPAL fan, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links