Lubricating the back hubs on 2016 Wolverine RSpec - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Lubricating the back hubs on 2016 Wolverine RSpec

This is a discussion on Lubricating the back hubs on 2016 Wolverine RSpec within the Wolverine How To forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Yes sir. You didn't do much. Dang it. The bolts just keep it in place like a axle through the axle. Lol. You do have ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Lubricating the back hubs on 2016 Wolverine RSpec

Belt Smoker
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Yes sir. You didn't do much. Dang it.

The bolts just keep it in place like a axle through the axle. Lol. You do have to take the cups off each end and slide the inner bushings out of the arm and clean and lube all the that up and reassemble.

You were close.
    MORSNO and Tracen8r like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    500 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainman View Post
    OH, come on. You could have waited a day or so before you shot me down, lol. That's kinda funny. Seriously, thanks for that.
    Euphoria Killer!
    MORSNO and Tracen8r like this.
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Camo, , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS mudguards, Autometer Temp Gauge, SATV A-arms, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/manual switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, 27" 9 & 11Maxxis Vipr,4000 Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harnesses, JBS/Eibach springs, SPAL fan, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam

Super Charged
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    322 times
    @Mountainman

At top, goto FORUM ACTIONS - EDIT PROFILE and you'll see Edit Signature in the list. OK

GetErDone....

Cheers

PS GEN 2 are the X2 or X4 twin cylinder builds. Gen 1 is the single banger 708cc Ok...

Greasing seem convoluted. I know my dealer did mine. The found one zerk busted off and had to order one it to fit. If I couldn't get grease in I think I'd unbolt the arm (one at a time), knock the bushing out and grease everything. Bolt, bushing in & out and knock it back together. I did that on my old KQ once only, everything was rusted when I took it apart then. As for pushing grease there has to be an out or you're fitting with a lot of pressure with knowhere for the air or access grease to come out. Nothing gain by the fittings being there. Maybe they're are end cap seals like I had which will loosed with the pivot bolts broken free and backed off.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

BearClaw HTR 27 inch tires
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope
    LED Headlights, Yellow Light Bar

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Belt Smoker
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripplec View Post
    As for pushing grease there has to be an out or you're fitting with a lot of pressure with knowhere for the air or access grease to come out. Nothing gain by the fittings being there. Maybe they're are end cap seals like I had which will loosed with the pivot bolts broken free and backed off.
    There is a place for it to come out. The seal plates at the ends will free flow out anything you can push there. A out hole anywhere else would be useless as it would just blow grease out the hole and never force it through the bushings. The problem is the tight fit of the bushings you are trying to push the grease through is small clearances. This is why getting to the fittings is really a waste of time as to be able to get out all the old grease, contamination and grit from them completely and get new grease on them 100% that will only happen by complete disassembly. Pushing the grease through from the fitting takes a long very high pressure push and it will bleed the grease right out the end cups but as you will see it comes out a small spot on the seal not 360° around so you know it isn't pushing out all the old and replacing with new. Yes better than not greasing at all but if you want them to last your looking at complete disassembly of those bushings. Clean it well and grease it good and it doesn't really take that long to do.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    616 times
    I've found these rubber bushings fit so tight that most the movement happens between the bolt and the sleeve.
    Good judgment comes from experience, most of which comes from bad judgement

2016 R spec Black
    Superwinch Terra 45
    27x9r12 Bearclaw HTR's on STI HD beadlocks
    Bunch of LED lights
    Hunterworks PCV
    AIS delete
    DIY exhaust tip
    JBS Eibach spring kit
    2" Perfex Lift
    Sway Bar Delete
    Hunterworks greaseless sheave
    14g/.5mm shim/Purple secondary
    Slugged wet clutch
    Super ATV EZ steer power steering
    Super ATV High clearance rear A-arms
    Chopped cage

Super Charged
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    322 times
    good to know there is an out flow hole for the grease. I did try greasing once but the pressure on my hand grease arm was so hard without movement I had to wonder. The pressure locked the gun tip onto the zerk nipple and I couldn't get it off. I don't plenty of car and other vehicle fittings over a lot of decades and can't every recall one so hard to pump grease into. Especially that its new as well.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

BearClaw HTR 27 inch tires
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope
    LED Headlights, Yellow Light Bar

Belt Smoker
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    No doubt. It isn't easy to push it through the tight clearances. There isn't much cavity anywhere just starts in center and tries to push it out the bushings towards each end. If you keep the pressure as much as you can for a while you will see it will push through. Maybe a gun that builds more pressure. The long lever type may be needed.

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    I have my sway bar removed so this is a bit easier for me. But i place a jack under one of the rear tires and jack it up as high as it will go. This will compress the suspension on one side enough to reach the grease fitting. Lower jack and repeat on the other side. Piece of cake.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Budro2 and MORSNO like this.
    17 R Spec EPS
    Yamaha half windshield
    28 10 14 carnivores on sti hd9 wheels
    YXZ seats
    Boss 14 inch soundbar
    Perfex 2 inch lift
    Konstruktor Doors
    Hunterworks clutching
    16 Grizzly EPS

Belt Smoker
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Quote Originally Posted by swampdonkeyvt View Post
    I have my sway bar removed so this is a bit easier for me. But i place a jack under one of the rear tires and jack it up as high as it will go. This will compress the suspension on one side enough to reach the grease fitting. Lower jack and repeat on the other side. Piece of cake.
    That is always the easy part. Now try to get some grease to push through with any appreciable amount making it all the way through is the challenge.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links