HMF Exhaust and HW Sheave Testing
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on HMF Exhaust and HW Sheave Testing within the Hunterworks forums, part of the Supporting Vendors category; One of the things we needed to check with our sheave was that when you installed an exhaust and in this case the HMF that ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By Hunterworks
  • 1 Post By jrry261

Thread: HMF Exhaust and HW Sheave Testing

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    501 times

One of the things we needed to check with our sheave was that when you installed an exhaust and in this case the HMF that you needed to make change in the clutch with heavier weights. People who had other sheaves had noticed a top speed loss with the Weller ECU Flash and any exhaust but the HMF being the most popular with it.

So as you can imagine I was concerned, Kyle over at Weller sent me an exhaust he had for me to do the testing with.

Well I have good news, the Hunterworks sheave has no such limitation or a change in weights needed and certainly no speed drop.

Top speeds with our sheave and ECU flash have been reported mostly in the low to mid 60's mph. At last testing here without the exhaust I ran 62mph at 8350

With the ECU tuned for the exhaust and the exhaust installed I actually ran 63 mph and 8400, shift phase rpm was about the same too.

As for performance it seems to be snappier from the get go and easier to maintain rpm and speed as compared to the the stock exhaust which is really restrictive.

So as bad as I hated to have get an eco flashed and install an exhaust just because a competitor was having speed drops with their clutching and these mods, all I can say is I have no idea what they are doing and why but we have no issues as that.

Only thing I can think of is sometime you can just overdo things and make it too complicated and cause issues.

Yes it took forever for us to get our clutch out but the good news is, our clutch system just works.

Todd
    Last edited by Hunterworks; 07-20-2019 at 05:35 AM.
    Todd Eldridge
    Hunterworks Inc
    [email protected]
    601-771-0070

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Good to hear. Can you please get me one for Christmas?
    Hunterworks likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    501 times
    I had said 6400 in the post edited to 8400
    Todd Eldridge
    Hunterworks Inc
    [email protected]
    601-771-0070

Sponsored Links