Customer results on new HW X2/X4 Sheave
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on Customer results on new HW X2/X4 Sheave within the Hunterworks forums, part of the Supporting Vendors category; Below is from a FB post by a customer who got our new X2/X4 sheave and he put it on a X4 with 30" tires, ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By Hunterworks

Thread: Customer results on new HW X2/X4 Sheave

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    488 times

Below is from a FB post by a customer who got our new X2/X4 sheave and he put it on a X4 with 30" tires, his goal was lower RPM and less noise than his 14gr Yamaha weights and a stock sheave, he got that and faster acceleration. he used 18 gr weights, we have not tested 30" tires yet but I feel for performance 16 would probably be better for them but he got what he wanted

The images below are speed runs in seconds with stock and 14. gr and hw sheave and 18 gr

"Installed my Hunterworks sheave tonight.
    Customer service and order experience was top notch. Received in 3 days.
    Let me say this: I’ve ordered several sheaves through the years from James at JBS and always liked him a lot. He’s a good old boy. He was very kind and helpful this time too but I couldn’t get a call back when I was ready to order and I’ve always wanted to try a Hunterworks sheave because I liked Todd and like that he’s a Christian guy who runs a good company.
    The deciding factor was that the Jbs sheave appeared to run a few hundred more rpms than the Hunterworks one at 56mph (weller flash) - hard to tell via video but that was my consensus.
    Anyways. I have a 2018 x4, 3.5” lift and 30” itp blackwaters. Full windshield, soft rear windshield and full roof.
    I live at sea level and did all my testing on pancake flat asphalt in farm country in Michigan.
    I do NOT have a weller flash and everything on my bike drivetrain is stock except I had the 14 gram weights that come with Yamaha’s big tire kit - I absolutely hated them from day 1 they were so loud and made a gentle joy ride unenjoyable because of the noise and high rpms at cruising speed.
    See results below. I was very pleased with the noise levels and the lower rpms seemed to take the “raspy” tone out of the 850 at high rpms or under heavy accel. I always hated how it was raspy and a had a pitch that was hard on the ears under heavy throttle. That pitch has changed significantly but it’s not whisper quiet yet....
    The Hunterworks doesn’t “feel” way faster but once you get going you look around and realize your moving and accelerating significantly faster.
    Anyways thanks Todd and Romeo for the info you guys have put out there and thanks James at Jbs for giving me 15 minutes of your time to discuss options for me even though I didn’t order from ya this time."
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Hunterworks; 06-20-2019 at 08:14 AM.
    Todd Eldridge
    Hunterworks Inc
    [email protected]
    601-771-0070

Sponsored Links