1st Ride
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

1st Ride

This is a discussion on 1st Ride within the Around the Campfire forums, part of the General Discussions category; My wife and I went to Mena Arkansas last Friday and rode on the Wolfpen Gap trails. We had a good time getting there at ...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 11 Post By RNF
  • 2 Post By RNF
  • 1 Post By RNF

Thread: 1st Ride

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times

1st Ride

My wife and I went to Mena Arkansas last Friday and rode on the Wolfpen Gap trails. We had a good time getting there at daylight and riding till noon and seen very few other riders. We covered 43 miles and I was a little surprised that we only used 2 gallons of gas. I ran at varied speeds and used low range a couple of times.

We are very happy with our purchase so far and plan on going back to Mena next Wednesday. We hav a trip to Red River New Mexico planned for the week of Labor Day and I am wanting to put a few miles on it before then.

I have added a Super ATV flip windshield and mirrors so far but have a winch and fog lights on the way. Looking forward to more rides.

LJ3, therebel19, DLX2 and 8 others like this.
    2020 Wolverine r-Spec
    Super ATV flip windshield
    Superwinch 1130220 LT3000ATV 12 VDC winch 3,000lbs
    Black Opps Superatv winch mounting plate
    AMBOTHER LED Pods Light Bar 4-Inch 120-watt 12800-lumen Driving Fog Off Road Lights Triple Row Waterproof Spot Flood Combo
    UTV Side View Mirrors

Mountaineer
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    Great looking machine! Please let me know how you like the your flip up windshield.
    2019 X2 R-spec SE, Black, Full cab, heater, wiper, tracks, Warn 4500 wireless winch,synthetic. Sendona wheels, 5/2, Sedona rip saws 27x11xR14 , Moose plow, Furion RV back-up camera, Garmin GPS. All Glass.

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    blast,
    So for it's has been great. We started off in the morning with it down but as it warmed up in the day we went from partially open to full open. I was afraid it may be dusty with the windshield down but we were by ourselves and dust was not bad. More time will tell.

Also very easy install. I watched the youtube video and did it by myself taking my time in about 45 minutes.
    atkbike and blast like this.
    2020 Wolverine r-Spec
    AMBOTHER LED Pods Light Bar 4-Inch 120-watt 12800-lumen Driving Fog Off Road Lights Triple Row Waterproof Spot Flood Combo
    UTV Side View Mirrors

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Mountaineer
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    Thanks, I have on the bubble whether or not to try them, wondering if they rattle a lot.
    2019 X2 R-spec SE, Black, Full cab, heater, wiper, tracks, Warn 4500 wireless winch,synthetic. Sendona wheels, 5/2, Sedona rip saws 27x11xR14 , Moose plow, Furion RV back-up camera, Garmin GPS. All Glass.

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I had no rattles but I set it up where it is tight against the foam contact strip when in the locked down position. Also quite is the other positions also. Although my wife tells me I can't hear anything, but I asked her and she said she didn't hear any rattles.
    blast likes this.
    2020 Wolverine r-Spec
    UTV Side View Mirrors

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    683 times
    I would add a rear wind screen/shield. Other wise if your on dusty trails with your windshield down it will all be in your cab.
    2019 Wolverine X2 Camo R-Spec
    1st Wolverine X2 ECU Tuned by Dynojet with PV3 and HMF QS
    HW w/20's with blow out port
    MSA M25 Wheels w/ EFX 8ply 27x10x14 Motoclaw with SATV 1.5" Rear Wheel Spacer
    SATV Flip Windshield & Half
    SATV 72" Plow
    Pro Vantage 3500 Warn
    Rear Cargo Box
    Adventure Pro Magellan
    50" XPRITE LED light bar
    Noam NUTV5-S
    WeBoost 4G-X OTR
    Shoulder bolster deleted
    EMP side mirrors
    28K BTU in Cab Heater
    SxS Enclosures full Cab
    NGK Iridium Plugs
    Amsoil Synthetics

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by InfidelMT View Post
    I would add a rear wind screen/shield. Other wise if your on dusty trails with your windshield down it will all be in your cab.
    Thanks for the recommendation, I had wondered about that. The day we rode there had been a light rain the day before so we had no problem then.
    2020 Wolverine r-Spec
    UTV Side View Mirrors

Sponsored Links