What areas to hit in Colorado for a week or two
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on What areas to hit in Colorado for a week or two within the Around the Campfire forums, part of the General Discussions category; My wife and I are tentatively planning a week to week and a half trip to Colorado with the Wolverine in late July or August. ...

Thread: What areas to hit in Colorado for a week or two

Hog Chaser
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times

My wife and I are tentatively planning a week to week and a half trip to Colorado with the Wolverine in late July or August. What areas should we plan to hit and for how many days? It looks like the Alpine Loop should be on the list. Is Lake City the UTV friendly place to stay? How about other areas to hit in Colorado while we're out there?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    487 times
    Do you need lodging or camping out?
    If camping, need facilities or self contained?

Depending on your needs a few hours away from Lake City is the Taylor Park area with several good trails along with some around Crested Butte.

Last I heard, Lake City is still utv friendly, but with different rules about where you can drive in town than the last time I was there.

https://www.lakecity.com/plan-your-c...hv-regulations

What route are you coming into Colorado on?
    2016 708 R Spec
    Hunterworks sheave 18gr rollers .75 shim, factory spring
    Replaced decompression spring, dip stick, repaired header pipe at 1500 miles, new one at 5500 miles,
    top end rebuild at 3500 (new rings and valve seals) for excess oil consumption, tie rod ends at 5000.

Hog Chaser
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    We won't be camping so we'll need lodging. We'll be coming across Kansas from the east. We're fine with moving two or three times, perhaps riding 2 or 3 days in each spot.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    487 times
    I would combine Taylor Park with Alpine Loop myself.
    These would be very helpful;

https://funtreks.com/product/atv-tra...ity-telluride/
    https://funtreks.com/product/colorado-map-combo/

For some reason I'm not seeing their "Taylor Park, Crested Butte" guide book on their website.

They also have data cards and downloads, depending on what you use for navigation.

This would be the most central place to stay for access to the trails with no trailering.
    Taylor Park Trading Post
    2016 708 R Spec
    Replaced decompression spring, dip stick, repaired header pipe at 1500 miles, new one at 5500 miles,
    top end rebuild at 3500 (new rings and valve seals) for excess oil consumption, tie rod ends at 5000.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    487 times
    Oh yea, unfortunately Colorado requires you to pay to ride your OHV in your National Forests, you can get your sticker before you head this way if that suits you, just dont get it before April 1!

https://cpw.state.co.us/buyapply/Pag...ationsOHV.aspx
    Last edited by noload; 01-12-2020 at 11:37 AM.
    2016 708 R Spec

Sponsored Links