New offering from Polaris - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

New offering from Polaris

This is a discussion on New offering from Polaris within the Wolverine vs the Competition forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Originally Posted by viker LOL, yes this is exactly what lots of Polaris owners have been asking for. This is directed at the Commander specifically ...

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: New offering from Polaris

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    Quote Originally Posted by viker View Post
    LOL, yes this is exactly what lots of Polaris owners have been asking for.

This is directed at the Commander specifically as you can tell by the name, and the Wolverine and Teryx as smaller competitors. The Wolverine market share is too small to be a big influence. 80-81 inch wheelbase is kinda generic for several of these vehicles in fact Yamaha copied it from the Ranger 900 for the Wolverine.

The Commander is more sporty than the Wolverine in this class with its puny single 46 hp.

Don't hold your breath for the rush to manual transmissions.

Yes, I will be having a General. It is what I hoped the Wolverine would be.
    An big rig makes more hp than some Ferrari, more hp doesn't make a vehicle sporty. I'm just saying.

Vital likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    Just to check out what you Yamaha guys have to say about it. SOS. LOL, just what I expected.
    I'm sorry Viker, I mean no disrespect but have you been out on the trails. I mean huge trail rides. I've seen SO many rzr/ranger in various forms from stock to wild on side the trail broken. I looked at the 2015 and if the improvments hold true, then the general will likely be a decent ride. However, my friend just spent $2,500 on a front diff from a 2015 ranger in his 2014xp 900 (his cracked the housing and eventually it grenaded) with 28in terminators has also broke all 4 axles, his dads 2014 Viking (bought a week apart) on 30in mud tires and a lift, has had Zero problems. So you can save the fan boy crap. I speak from plenty of experience. Around here polaris don't hold up, people keep them because the engines make power and its a status thing like an Iphone, its the "Trendy thing"

So please come back and give us an un-bias report at 500 and 1000 miles.

I'm just keeping it real, no fanboy, no bs. The yamaha/ Honda reliability just speaks volumes.

Last edited by EpicWolverine; 11-18-2015 at 03:38 PM.

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Comparing the General to the wolverine is comparing apples to oranges.There are basically 3 types of side x sides,utility,sport and pure sport.The general is a utility sxs,wolverine is a sport sxs.Utilitys,like Vikings,rangers & commanders have dump beds,designed to work,haul and pull,need the hp to do that.The wolverine was designed to be a sport sxs,for trail riding.For that,you do not need a dumping bed,nor alot of hp.The Wolverine is in a market all it's own,designed just for trail riding.Then there the pure sport sxs,yxzs,rzrs & mavericks,designed to go fast in a straightaway.You can make any machine into something else,but not what it was designed for.Take a utility,build it up,try to stay with the yxzs & rzrs in a straightaway or take a yxz,build the suspension with hi arch a-arms & big mud tires and try to stay with the smaller trail machines in the tight trails &mud.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicWolverine View Post
    I'm sorry Viker, I mean no disrespect but have you been out on the trails. I mean huge trail rides. I've seen SO many rzr/ranger in various forms from stock to wild on side the trail broken. I looked at the 2015 and if the improvments hold true, then the general will likely be a decent ride. However, my friend just spent $2,500 on a front diff from a 2015 ranger in his 2014xp 900 (his cracked the housing and eventually it grenaded) with 28in terminators has also broke all 4 axles, his dads 2014 Viking (bought a week apart) on 30in mud tires and a lift, has had Zero problems. So you can save the fan boy crap. I speak from plenty of experience. Around here polaris don't hold up, people keep them because the engines make power and its a status thing like an Iphone, its the "Trendy thing"

So please come back and give us an un-bias report at 500 and 1000 miles.

I'm just keeping it real, no fanboy, no bs. The yamaha/ Honda reliability just speaks volumes.
    I usually ride on average year round probably one day a week and most of this in in a large public riding area that on weekends will have probably 75 to 100 RZR's. No, I don't see them broken down. No, I don't see them being towed back to the parking lot. My 2013 Ranger has 1834 trouble free miles. From my perspective from what I see day in and day out the crap I read on here is bs, no disrespect intended, I just call it like I see just as you do. Another place that I ride is a large farm and the only vehicle we have had to tow there has been a Grizzly. We went on a weekend trip to Black Mountain a couple of years back and a Rhino held us up all weekend with charging problems. The only reason it didn't get towed by a Polaris is because he took a booster battery with him, and even then it barely made it back under it own power. So no, from my personal experience a Yamaha is no more reliable than a Polaris.

But I will say this. From my experience, we haven't had very many problems from any of them no matter the make. They have all been good overall.
    Last edited by Rockit401; 11-18-2015 at 06:13 PM.
    EpicWolverine likes this.

Puddle Jumper
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    So viker if Polaris made airplanes would you fly in them?
    TC618 likes this.

Puddle Jumper
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    You still didn't answer my question!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Axo938 View Post
    So viker if Polaris made airplanes would you fly in them?
    No. I don't fly in any airplane any more.
    But I love riding in Polaris sxs's because they are the best riding and best equipped and most fun sxs's out there and since they are as reliable as a Yamaha they are good enough for over 50% of sxs owners, including me.
    I typed an answer earlier but I got sidetracked and didn't push the post button.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    So Axo938, do you think that Yamaha will ever start building sxs's that the average customer will want to buy?

Enjoying my Wolverine
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    128 times
    Rhino seemed to attract a few buyers.
    Redleg likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    337 times
    So Axo938, do you think that Yamaha will ever start building sxs's that the average customer will want to buy?
    If I remember right, they built the first SxS that was also a capable trail machine and got the whole thing started. Yes, Yamaha may not build, the biggest, fastest machines, but they make a great product that won't break down all the time like other brands do.
    2016 Steel Blue Wolverine R Spec
    27" Blackwater Evolutions 14" STI HD3 wheels
    Warn ProVantage 3500 winch
    Yamaha overfenders and windshield
    EMP Rear windshield
    EMP Front and Rear Bumpers
    EMP A Arm guards and front skid
    SSV Works Overhead Audio

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links