Wolverine vs the RZR 570 - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Wolverine vs the RZR 570

This is a discussion on Wolverine vs the RZR 570 within the Wolverine vs the Competition forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; I had a 2012 RZR 570 for 5 years, just sold it at 1700 miles, 271 hours. Over the 5 years I replaced wheel bearings, ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Wolverine vs the RZR 570

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    I had a 2012 RZR 570 for 5 years, just sold it at 1700 miles, 271 hours. Over the 5 years I replaced wheel bearings, axles, shocks, rebuilt the front diff, regulator, stator and front drive shaft yolk. It had always shifted very hard and found that from the factory the secondary clutch was never installed onto the shaft all the way. I had a lot of fun with my RZR, but would never buy another. I was meticulous with maintenance, the issue was parts quality, design and durability. The ride quality from the factory was poor, for the Wolverine it is excellent. Likewise Wolverine has better ground clearance and much more solid clutch engagement. The engine breaking of the Wolverine does take some getting used to, but better than the sudden clutch release going downhill on the RZR. RZR ergonomics are better, with a tilt steering wheel and better seat-pedal relationship. At some point I will put PRP seats and full doors on the Wolverine.
    MORSNO and atkbike like this.
    2017 R-Spec EPS, SuperATV 2" Lift Kit, Warn Winch, Factory UTV 1/2" UHMW Skid Plate/A-Arm Protectors,
    Factory UTV Full Size Doors, Corbeau RRS Seats, "Goldberg" seat sliders, ThrottleMaxx, PitBull Growler UBER XOR tires.

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    I have a good friend that rents both wolerines and rzrs. He lost a ton of money this past year because he was always wrenching on the rzrs. You can't rent machines at the same time you are fixing them...in order to rent them they have to be running.

He agrees they ride and perform better when everything is new...but it takes so much time and money to keep them in that condition that it does not work in his business plan. He is currently selling all of them (well trying to...no one wants them) and buying more wolverine and teryx x4s....(he and his wife feel the back seats and doors of the wolvie x4 are far too small for full size people.)

It is really too bad that Polaris is too greedy to build their machines with quality parts. They have the best designs and performance for the first 100 hours...then all the cheap crappy parts starts to die. They charge plenty.... so if they were content to make a fair profit instead of striving to make a "killing" on every machine they could produce the best products in the world.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Went to Wildcat in Ky this weekend the only break down was a popo broken axle.
    2016 R Spec Eps Special Edition, Half Windshield, Warn Pro Vantage 3000 ,Yamaha rear grab bar, Yamaha front grab bar, Yamaha cargo box. Garmin Nuvi GPS, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Seizmik center mirror, Battery Tender, Quad Gear Grips, 2 Great Day gun racks, 2" Perfex lift, Concours Dash Panel...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links