Wolverine vs the RZR 570 - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Wolverine vs the RZR 570

This is a discussion on Wolverine vs the RZR 570 within the Wolverine vs the Competition forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Originally Posted by Hondabob Polaris had lots of engine failures on the 570. Broken rods, broken valve springs, leaking air box problems, lots of other ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Wolverine vs the RZR 570

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondabob View Post
    Polaris had lots of engine failures on the 570. Broken rods, broken valve springs, leaking air box problems, lots of other problems. Low ground clearance and shock spring sag. Its a 50 inch trail model. I installed spring spacers and 2 inch wheel spacers. It has 45 hp and the Wolverine has over 58 hp. If you ride the 50 inch trails your choice in the 570, Trail Cat 700, or the Honda Pioneer 500. I have a Pioneer 500 for the 50 inch trails and yup its slow but still fun.
    I'd be curious to know where you're getting those statistics on RZR reliability there Bob? Hopefully not from RZR forums. We all know forums have a lot of folks who just want to complain and need an audience. As I said in my above post I used to work at a Polaris dealer. And no, I'm not just regurgitating company propaganda, I'm sharing my real world experiences. We never had a single engine failure on any of the Polaris PorStar engines we sold. (570, 900 and 1000) The only time we ever saw one come back was if it was in for an insurance claim after a crash. Yes, the suspensions are a little weak. Unfortunately is an entry level machine at an entry level price and for that money you get an entry level suspension. Yes I'm sure there were guys who did have problems, I think all manufacturers will see some issues from time to time, but it's not to the point that people make it out to be. Again, I have real world experience to back that up I have met a lot of RZR owners. Not just through my work but also out on the trails and through my involvement with local ATV clubs, and not one single person regretted buying their RZR. I know I wouldn't have bought one if they were really having problems at the rate some people claim.
    Tmoto likes this.

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    We have about 15 RZR's in our group. Everyone is retired so we put on a lot of miles. I bought a 2011, 2012, and 2013. All broke several times. The fun factor is too good to wait on Honda or Yamaha. My 570 was towed in 4 times in 6,200 miles and I replaced a lot of worn out parts too. My 2012 ranger 900 had the driven pulley bolt back out through the belt drive cover. warranty was turned down because I had too many miles on it. The sway bars break in about 3,000 miles, Radiator caps fail, the 800 header pipes break at about 3,500 miles, etc. Try putting 10,000 miles on a Polaris and you have lots of failures and worn out parts. I still have my 2011 RZR 900 and will have over 10,000 miles on it next week. The wolverine 700 will replace my RZR 900. I wanted the RZR 1000 but the 2014 model had way too many problems. Check the forum and you see a lot of unhappy owners and way too many major problems. The 2008 RZR was just as bad. My dealer rebuilt or replaced a lot of 570 engines and several 900's too. My 2014 Honda Pioneer 700 has over 7,000 miles and nothing broke. I expect the Wolverine will be very good too.

Hog Chaser
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RayZeR View Post
    I'd be curious to know where you're getting those statistics on RZR reliability there Bob? Hopefully not from RZR forums. We all know forums have a lot of folks who just want to complain and need an audience. As I said in my above post I used to work at a Polaris dealer. And no, I'm not just regurgitating company propaganda, I'm sharing my real world experiences. We never had a single engine failure on any of the Polaris PorStar engines we sold. (570, 900 and 1000) The only time we ever saw one come back was if it was in for an insurance claim after a crash. Yes, the suspensions are a little weak. Unfortunately is an entry level machine at an entry level price and for that money you get an entry level suspension. Yes I'm sure there were guys who did have problems, I think all manufacturers will see some issues from time to time, but it's not to the point that people make it out to be. Again, I have real world experience to back that up I have met a lot of RZR owners. Not just through my work but also out on the trails and through my involvement with local ATV clubs, and not one single person regretted buying their RZR. I know I wouldn't have bought one if they were really having problems at the rate some people claim.
    I don't know about engine failures but Polaris has the worst QC in the business. They also use poor quality parts. My local Yamaha dealer is also a Polaris dealer and the warranty work and constant problems with Polaris is very real. They build these things in Mexico and sling them out as fast as they can. It's not only entry level side x sides either, every RZR on the market uses the same cheap bushings, bearings, ball joints and so on. They are just not built with high quality parts or with high quality in mind. If you were building for quality you would not have your manufacturing done in a third world country. I don't have a single friend with a RZR that has not had quite a few problems with it. That is also a fact. The forums are clear indications of the lack of quality just like consumer reports which are flooded with Polaris issues. They barely have a two star rating with consumers. Yamaha doesn't have that problem and they sell 5-6 times what Polaris sells. Not trying to be rude here, just pointing out the obvious.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Accept for the SPEED factor ,if that's important to anyone other than me. Yamaha has a bad habit of limiting their SxS to 40 mph.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    In the US Polaris is the sales leader in both SXS and ATV's with over 4 times Yamaha's sales numbers.

My experience with the different brands over many years with the group I ride with hasn't shown the same quality control issues with Polaris that some have. We have had more problems per vehicle with Yamaha actually. But the total number of problems has been so small as to not be an indicator of any pattern with any manufacturer. But we don't put lots of miles on like some groups do. My cuz and I rode today and did a pretty good day for our terrain and I think he said it was 20 miles or so.
    Last edited by Rockit401; 01-28-2015 at 11:03 PM.

Enjoying my wolverine
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    I agree with Bob, those are the same failures I know about in our group, except for the engine failures. Several are over 10,000 miles on the 800 engine with no issues. QC has for many years been a Polaris issue and continues to be. They have a good product, they just fail to build it adequately.

Enjoying my wolverine
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    I am going to go out on a limb and say the Wolverine will do 50+ stock...

Quote Originally Posted by Jjluv View Post
    Accept for the SPEED factor ,if that's important to anyone other than me. Yamaha has a bad habit of limiting their SxS to 40 mph.

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    The Viking does 50 so that is a given. We may get 55 from Yamaha and the aftermarket guys should get at least 60 with belt drive mods and maybe 27 inch tires to gear it up a bit.

Sunday Driver
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I'm having a hard time swallowing the 50" limit being the standard for a trail machine. I do understand there are restricted trails. I think any machine built with comfort, reliability, and enough cargo room for extended trips to be in the trail class IMHO. There are plenty of machines over 50" that certainly don't fit in the performance category.

Enjoying my wolverine
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    Most utv's are 58" to 64" wide. It would be difficult to allow low performance machines without the high performance machines accessing the trails.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links