Wolverine vs. Wildcat Sport - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Wolverine vs. Wildcat Sport

This is a discussion on Wolverine vs. Wildcat Sport within the Wolverine vs the Competition forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Was out riding earlier today with my buddy that had a trail cat. While I understand the 2 are kind of appealing to difference areas ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Wolverine vs. Wildcat Sport

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    380 times
    Was out riding earlier today with my buddy that had a trail cat. While I understand the 2 are kind of appealing to difference areas of the market all I can say wasn't really impressed. We swapped for a little while. First thing I noticed was it must be a higher rpm or maybe the exhaust cause I stood on it sounded like I was going fast looked down 30. With a non eps model it reminded me of why I paid extra to get it on my wolverine.

Not sure if its completely fair comparison because his stock tires don't look very good, but the wolverine is far better in the snow (8-10 inches).

He got a good deal on it. It's a 13 but he bought it new this year, been sitting at the dealership for a while. I'm sure it has its place but not too many people can like them if it sat there for 2 years before he bought it
    You can't put a price tag on fun!

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I don't have an official comparison, other than I owned a 2014 Wildcat trail, and now have a 2016 Wolverine. Simply put, the Arctic Cat was junk. I owned it for less than two years. Here's a list of what went wrong. Gauge went black. Front cv joints started making clicking sounds, it squeaked and rattled like an old farm truck after a couple of hundred miles. It sits low and hit every bump or rock in the trail, and it rode like a bulldozer. The fuel injection would get into a loop where the engine would "gallop" like an old detroit diesel. The clutching became abrupt, and the transmission was making a loud racheting sound whenever we went down the slightest hill and was off the gas. Finally the drivers door, fell off. Now bear in mind, I'm in my 50's and all my wife and I do is light trail riding. We don't beat on our stuff. We bought the Cat because we thought we needed a 50 inch machine. We traded it in for the Wolverine, and it is better in every single area but brute engine power. However, since the Wilcat engine is made by Kymco, I am fine with less horsepower, and have more trsut in the Yamaha single over the Kymco twin. I tell people that I traded in my sports car and bought a luxury 4X4 pickup truck. And I LOVE the Wolverine.
    RangerRick likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links