Why Did You Buy Yamaha Over The Competition? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Why Did You Buy Yamaha Over The Competition?

This is a discussion on Why Did You Buy Yamaha Over The Competition? within the Wolverine vs the Competition forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; My wife's Grizzly 450 was a paragon of reliability, as is my King Quad, but Suzuki doesn't seem to want to be part of this ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Why Did You Buy Yamaha Over The Competition?

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    My wife's Grizzly 450 was a paragon of reliability, as is my King Quad, but Suzuki doesn't seem to want to be part of this conversation. When I decided that the effects of my disability were making riding the KQ problematic, I started looking at suitable SxSs with both sporting and utilitarian capabilities. My search corresponded with the introduction of the new X2. Further investigation and reading and watching every review confirmed. My dealer was willing to sell me an X2 R-Spec SE at the price of an R-Spec. Too good to pass up.
    Tsckey

2019 Wolverine X2 R-Spec SE
    Dragonfire "D" Steering Wheel, Assault Hub Adapter
    Bighorn 2.0 28x10x12 all around
    Energy Suspension greaseable rear Swaybar Bushings
    Super ATV 1.5" spacers, winch mount, Half windshield, and Mirrors
    Champion winch
    Kolpin Highrise Snowplow, 66" blade, plus Power Angle
    PRP 4.3 shoulder harness

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    530 times
    1.) Yamaha reliability. I had a 2007 Yamaha Rhino 450 that never had an issue.
    2.) The Yamaha reputation.
    3.) Quality fit and finish.
    4.) Bacause it's a Yamaha
    MORSNO, Budro2 and Wolverinegramps like this.
    2018 X4 Special Edition
    STI HD7 Wheels In Radiant Red
    GBC Kanati Mongrel 28X10R14 Tires
    1.5" Wheel Spacers In The Rear
    18g HV Weights
    UNI Two Stage Air Filter
    Suntop
    OEM Windshield
    OEM Rear Bumper With Reverse Lights Mod
    Seizmik Strike Mirrors With Red Inserts
    Super ATV Tinted Rear Window
    UTV Tek Sun Visors

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    I liked the look and price and reliability of the wolverine and my delaership played a big part in my decision also. I wanted to be relatively close for service and repairs. I previously bought a king quad from them and they were good to work with for the most part so I stuck with them when purchasing my sxs. I didn't have any Yamaha experience in the past but I've read about their reliability and since stuff is always breaking on sxs's in general I wanted something that had the smallest chance of this and like I said was pretty close to wear I keep it.
    2017 white wolverine RSpec eps
    3.5" highlifter lift
    1" wheel spacers all 4 corners
    30" terminators/ 14" m20 wheels
    Epi extreme clutch kit
    Boss audio 1000w 4 speakers
    Roof light bar
    Rear light bar
    4 light pods at all 4 corners
    3500lb quadboss winch
    1/2 windshield
    Front and rear push bumpers
    mudbuster fender flares
    Front and rear aluminum skid plates

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    132 times
    I've owned Honda and Yamaha ATV's for years. I drive thousands of miles every year. I graduated from Honda three wheelers to quads. I then moved on to Yamaha ATV's. Not once have I ever had to be towed because of a mechanical failure. I've needed a tow a few times because I was up to my waist in mud but that's part of the fun. They've all been bulletproof.
    A good friend of mine has a 2007 Yamaha Grizzly with 12,000 miles on it. It has had one set of wheel bearings replaced and 3 sets of tires and brakes. No other issues at all. When it was time to purchase a side by side Honda & Yamaha were tops on my list. Not because they are the fastest but because I know I will get home at the end of the day.
    I have a friend that purchased a couple of Arctic Cats over the years and had nothing but problems. I have another friend that is a devoted Polaris guy. He seems to be at the dealer every 2 or 3 months with problems. I did own a couple of Can Am ATV's. They were fairly reliable. The Can Am was on my short list but I thought the Honda or Yamaha would definitely be more reliable. The only reason I considered Can Am was I thought I would go with something 50" wide. The wider stance of the Wolverine is much more stable. The extra width hasn't presented a problem so far. When I read about the X2 with the 850 twin it was a no brainer.
    I love my X2.
    MNDirtRider and kukini like this.
    2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2 R-Spec, full windshield, soft rear window, 3,500 lb. Yamaha Provantage Warn winch, rear brush guard, 27” Bearclaw HTR’s
    2019 enclosed Legend V-nose deluxe trailer

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    My first motorcycle as a teenager was an old 1970 Yamaha DT125 followed by a 1976 Dt175 a few years later of doing odd jobs to pay for it. I've owned a Honda dirt bike (head warped) Suzuki PE175 (had issues then it was stolen) Yamaha Blaster (fun little ATV) long absence of toys then a Yamaha XT350, Suzuki DR650 Yamaha WR250R which i still have and a Grizzly 700. I've had the best luck with the Yamaha stuff. Never had any interest in a SxS until a friend let me take her RZR 800 for a spin. I decided to stick with Yami as it was a work play vehicle.

Roosted
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    After owning a number of offroad & on road Yamaha's I bought my first Rhino in 2004. I was one of the millions waiting for a twin and the quieter wolverine with it best in class CVT system
    wolvymanx4 and Rhinohio like this.
    2019 X2 R-spec SE, Black, Full cab, heater, wiper, tracks, Warn 4500 wireless winch,synthetic. Sendona wheels, 5/2, Sedona rip saws 27x11xR14 , Moose plow, Furion RV back-up camera, Garmin GPS. All Glass.

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Bought my first Yamaha back in 1976 never had many issues with any of the Yamaha snowmobiles I have so why change. I also tested a couple of other brands and just like the Yamaha better.

Richland Center WI
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec SE

Sunday Driver
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Besides having owned some ultra reliable Yammy products (still have a 1980 Bravo sled and a 1977 DT100 bike that are still in use, both with very little maintenance required), I knew I wanted Jap over North American because of an acquaintance in the biz who sells Yamaha and Polaris. He was told by Yammy that he needed to order/stock more SxS, and if he didn't that they would yank that line from him. He told them he'd like to, but that he did not physically have the room for more inventory AND that unlike Polaris, he rarely made any money on servicing Yamaha products, especially compared to the constantly full service department of busted Polaris machines. He is still selling Yammy SxS, so I guess they worked it out.

I had also advice from buddies who have been wheeling for years. They said "if you are going to trade in every year or have it no more than 1000 miles, then buy North American. If you think you will keep it for longer, buy Japanese."

Another story from a friend. He bought a Polaris 800 ATV a couple years ago, and had a few minor things happening with it, but was overall very impressed with the ride and power. He had it in the shop for whatever and the mechanic (a good friend of his) said to him, "you have 1000miles on this thing already (it was just under a year old). You should trade it in right now, or go into the manager's office and purchase an extended warranty."

All machines have their problems but when it comes to overall quality, the Japanese stuff gets my vote.
    2016 Wolverine SE EPS
    DFK Cab Enclosure
    Heater and Wiper/Washer
    SSV Works Overhead Radio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links