New 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 and 1000-5 - Page 8
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

New 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 and 1000-5

This is a discussion on New 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 and 1000-5 within the Wolverine vs the Competition forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; I guess the tailgate would all depend on how you might use the bed. I sort of like the way it removes. Years ago when ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: New 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 and 1000-5

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    625 times
    I guess the tailgate would all depend on how you might use the bed. I sort of like the way it removes. Years ago when out hunting on the Honda 450 about half the time I would bring another hunting partner in sitting backwards on the back rack, could do the same on the Wolverine the way the tailgate removes easily. Granted you wouldn't be going a long distance or fast.

The only reason I would prefer the dump bed is to give easy quick access to the motor.

I wonder if price and/or new accessories incentives are coming out soon on the Wolverine, I saw yesterday where Abernathy's in Union City, TN reduced their price another $200 on the EPS model?

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Viker View Post
    Yes, it is hard to beat just reaching down and pushing the AWD switch to lock everything in or out. I use that switch a lot on tight trails going in and out of turf mode and AWD. It would be a hassle having to stop every time.
    I find it interesting what bothers people. Stopping and shifting into diff lock is not an issue for me. I have been doing that for years on my Grizzly 700 EPS and don't mind it at all.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    I did that back in my Jeep days and since I have owned Polaris vehicles with this push button feature for over 20 years I see no reason to go backwards. Just saying.

I have been waiting for a couple of years now for Yamaha and Honda to catch up on all those nice amenities. If you have never had turf mode it is not a big deal to you but once you have it you don't want to give it up. Same with tilt wheel. Yamaha didn't ante up and is not likely to ever. Honda kinda did except they lost their reliability while doing it so they were out, so I bought another Ranger. But I will be doing another evaluation if that so called legendary Polaris non reliability problem kicks in. I guess I have been mostly getting the good ones except for that one strike on my Ace, but Polaris took care of me no problem on that. But if I get one more strike I will be checking the Wolverine out again big time. Honestly, by the time I decided to make the change all the good deals on the Wolverines were gone. Otherwise I would be driving a Wolverine.
    But the Ranger is a nice rig. Not much bad to say about it and it is more versatile.

They are all a compromise. You just have to make your choices and go on.
    MORSNO likes this.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Sponsored Links