New 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 and 1000-5 - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

New 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 and 1000-5

This is a discussion on New 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 and 1000-5 within the Wolverine vs the Competition forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Originally Posted by Flach24 $1200.00 is steep for some farmer/rancher/joe blow that bought a SxS and has happen what a lot of people do, break ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: New 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 and 1000-5

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flach24 View Post
    $1200.00 is steep for some farmer/rancher/joe blow that bought a SxS and has happen what a lot of people do, break a belt , and if you dont break the belt it will still wear, just like any machines Yamaha or Polaris. What I was getting at is this Honda has NO BELT, read that again, no belt, which is amazing. That means you dont have to worry about a belt getting wet, you dont have to service the clutch, you dont have to worry about another wear item, you dont have to buy a $1200.00 clutch to "fix" a problem. Its genius. Plain and simple. I love my Wolverine but i have never been in love with CVT's ever, coming from my background of racing quads and riding dirtbikes my whole life I love to shift and this Pioneer gives you the best of both worlds, you can shift or go auto.
    Amen to what Flach24 posted here! My thoughts EXACTLY! I love the fact that it has no belt and a lot of other things it does have. I cannot imagine anyone not liking paddle shifters either. Great job on the P-1000 Honda!
    Flach24 likes this.

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Was going to buy a Wolverine but the P1000 will suit my needs better. Honda always seems to stay one step ahead of the competition. My Pioneer 700-2 for 9500 bucks has been a good unit. Just looking for a three seater. We will see what the next Yamaha offerings will be.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    422 times
    Don't mind a CVT myself. Easy to service and cheap to fix. If a Rincon transmission goes, you might as well buy a new ATV. A replacement is 3k. I have a 98 Honda 300ex and it still runs great. Rebuilt the top end back in 2004 and it's still going strong. Sure, replaced clutch many times and axle carriers but that's it. Just not sure about the high tech transmissions since the come with high repair prices. Maybe it'll be great but I'll definitely wait and see.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    True If the Honda transmission goes out it would be expensive. It would be interesting to see if anyone has had a Honda transmission go out. If not, then it is a non issue.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    If you use it, don't abuse it and change the fluids regularly it should last a long time. If you like to push it passed it's intended limits then a CVT setup is your better some what cheaper choice. JMO

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    422 times
    CAW had a new Honda 700 sitting out front. There's no comparison with the Wolverine. The difference in suspension alone is like comparing a raptor 90 suspension with a raptor 700R's suspension setup. Looks like it would beat the hell out of you through the trails we ride. The suicide doors are pretty neat though. The knob opening is interesting. But just jumping up and down on the front.. shss don't tell anyone. The travel/dampening was shockingly bad. Guess the Wolverine has spoiled me.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeyoh View Post
    CAW had a new Honda 700 sitting out front. There's no comparison with the Wolverine. The difference in suspension alone is like comparing a raptor 90 suspension with a raptor 700R's suspension setup. Looks like it would beat the hell out of you through the trails we ride. The suicide doors are pretty neat though. The knob opening is interesting. But just jumping up and down on the front.. shss don't tell anyone. The travel/dampening was shockingly bad. Guess the Wolverine has spoiled me.
    They really aren't in the same category..

Pioneer is a Chevy Tahoe, the wolverine is a Porsche cayenne..

Both suv, both tow, etc.. But not the same.. Both do what they are designed to do, but it's Apple and oranges.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    The Honda 1000 has 77 horsepower. What now?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    98 times
    Being a former Pioneer 700 owner (traded for Wolverine), I would say it is more like a Honda Ridgeline. Just like the Ridgeline wants to be a real pickup, the Pioneer wants to be a real utility ATV. I think the new Pioneer 1000 will be in the same class as the other's and maybe then some. When it comes to the mechanicals and reliability you can't beat a Honda. Their parts are expensive, but there is a good chance you will never have to buy any.

I think with the Pioneer 700, Honda was really behind in the UTV market because the Big Red was a flop. They had to get something out to compete and are now making good on the shortcomings of the 700.

Puddle Jumper
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    One good thing is at least now we have a lot of choices with so many different utv's out there.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links