New 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 and 1000-5 - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

New 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 and 1000-5

This is a discussion on New 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 and 1000-5 within the Wolverine vs the Competition forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; The Wolvy is good for what it was designed to do, but this new Honda is going to be big as far as sales compared ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: New 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 and 1000-5

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    The Wolvy is good for what it was designed to do, but this new Honda is going to be big as far as sales compared to the Wolverine. It has some things the Wolverine
    should have had like turf mode and tilt wheel and a big TWIN. But the market the Honda is aimed at is lots larger than the trail rider market and it will also steal some sales from the Wolverine, but all the other utility/recreational manufacturers are going to have to step up.
    Turf mode is one of the biggies, and you can tell that by the significance Honda gives it in the promotional material, even naming it 'turf' mode like Polaris. If you have never had turf mode you probably won't see the big deal, but to those that have used it for a while it is not something most want to do without.
    Honda has jumped ahead of Yamaha as far as knowing what the American consumer wants and it will sell big.
    Of course Yamaha can always surprise us just like Honda did.

BIG TWIN, tilt wheel, turf mode.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    518 times
    I still stand by my statement. Turf mode is of no use to me. I could take or leave the tilt wheel. And the big twin? It's still a Honda...which is even more conservative than Yamaha, so it will make what, 60hp? That machine is huge and awkward. I have no desire for extra seating, that's just extra weight in my opinion. This machine is geared so heavily towards utility I can't imagine it taking ANY sales from the wolverine. This is going to be far more comparable to the viking series, from which it will DEFINITELY steal sales. The Viking needs to step it up to compete with this new pioneer. I agree, for a pure utility based machine, its great. But I would never want to take it trail riding. I think there is going to be heavy sales in this on farms and pipeline maintenance type jobs, but again, not recreation. As for the paddle shifters, I drive one handed so I would absolutely hate them. But that is the great thing about America, I can buy a machine from anyone I want, and it won't be Honda lol. As an aside, yamaha patented a turf mode already, I read the patent documents earlier this year. So, maybe those of you that like that feature will see it soon.

Enjoying my wolverine
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    Quote Originally Posted by viker View Post
    The Wolvy is good for what it was designed to do, but this new Honda is going to be big as far as sales compared to the Wolverine. It has some things the Wolverine
    should have had like turf mode and tilt wheel and a big TWIN. But the market the Honda is aimed at is lots larger than the trail rider market and it will also steal some sales from the Wolverine, but all the other utility/recreational manufacturers are going to have to step up.
    Turf mode is one of the biggies, and you can tell that by the significance Honda gives it in the promotional material, even naming it 'turf' mode like Polaris. If you have never had turf mode you probably won't see the big deal, but to those that have used it for a while it is not something most want to do without.
    Honda has jumped ahead of Yamaha as far as knowing what the American consumer wants and it will sell big.
    Of course Yamaha can always surprise us just like Honda did.

BIG TWIN, tilt wheel, turf mode.
    To me, this model competes more with the Viking than the Wolverine. The twin and six speed are winners. Buyers are clamoring for that now. Tilt wheel should be on everything. The open rear diff. I don't care about but I have never had one, as you say.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    511 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flach24 View Post
    I dont think its a joke at all, in retrospect its very innovative. Every single Ranger owner thats ever burnt a belt up and uses there machines for work are going to want this machine. Or anyone who loves Honda (there are a billion) will want it. I agree its not for everybody but this thing will sell like hot cakes and its taken UTV transmissions to a whole new level. I personally think its great and can be used for many different types of riding/work.
    There is a clutch system called the Duraclutch, we sell them for the Ranger's and RZR and you will never burn another belt

Polaris RZR XP 900, Polaris Ranger 800 - Duraclutches

Todd
    Todd Eldridge
    Hunterworks Inc
    [email protected]
    601-771-0070

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    $1200.00 is steep for some farmer/rancher/joe blow that bought a SxS and has happen what a lot of people do, break a belt , and if you dont break the belt it will still wear, just like any machines Yamaha or Polaris. What I was getting at is this Honda has NO BELT, read that again, no belt, which is amazing. That means you dont have to worry about a belt getting wet, you dont have to service the clutch, you dont have to worry about another wear item, you dont have to buy a $1200.00 clutch to "fix" a problem. Its genius. Plain and simple. I love my Wolverine but i have never been in love with CVT's ever, coming from my background of racing quads and riding dirtbikes my whole life I love to shift and this Pioneer gives you the best of both worlds, you can shift or go auto.
    Frankb and okieraptor like this.
    '16 Wolverine RSpec EPS

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flach24 View Post
    I dont think its a joke at all, in retrospect its very innovative. Every single Ranger owner thats ever burnt a belt up and uses there machines for work are going to want this machine. Or anyone who loves Honda (there are a billion) will want it. I agree its not for everybody but this thing will sell like hot cakes and its taken UTV transmissions to a whole new level. I personally think its great and can be used for many different types of riding/work.
    Didn't know burning/broken belts was an issue if you know how to drive. Replacing a 100.00 belt every 5-6k miles or more is not even worth mentioning IMO.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DogRunner2 View Post
    Didn't know burning/broken belts was an issue if you know how to drive. Replacing a 100.00 belt every 5-6k miles or more is not even worth mentioning IMO.
    Unfortunately if you dont have a Yamaha a belt doesn't last that long, and unfortunately there are a lot of people who dont know how to drive.
    '16 Wolverine RSpec EPS

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    All said and done I think the new pioneer are amazing. It's got essentially a sports car (Porsche/Audi) style trans, auto, sport, and manual.

If it makes 60hp that's cool.. That's twice what the 700 pioneer makes. Is it a trail beast, no! will it be as nimble, or as comfortable as a wolverine.. Nope..

But what you will get is honda reliability, a decent ride, a very capable off road machine that will let you take 5 people down a trail, in the wheel base of a 2/3 seater. I can tell you I ride with a ranger and the wolverine is as about as wide as the xp900 on 28in terminators and it fits where I fit.. That's something the longer wheel base utv can't. Now you can fit 5 people in the same area

I still think it's a win, no it's not as sporty as a wolverine r spec, but it wasn't designed to be, but if I wanted to haul 4 our 5 people into the mountains for the weekend the new Pioneer would be my vehicle of choice... As of right now..

Side note wolverine isn't going anywhere for a while. This wolverine is just to damn awesome.. But when you look at the non r spec models, I just smh.. It losses a lot that makes the wolverine what it is..

Last edited by EpicWolverine; 06-12-2015 at 01:21 PM.
    Flach24 and okieraptor like this.

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well put Epic I couldn't agree more with you.
    Have great weekend.
    EpicWolverine likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    98 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    To me, this model competes more with the Viking than the Wolverine. The twin and six speed are winners. Buyers are clamoring for that now. Tilt wheel should be on everything. The open rear diff. I don't care about but I have never had one, as you say.
    I agree, this was not meant to compete with something like wolverine. It is meant to play against the viking and viking 6. If you look at the seating, it is still going to suffer from the uncomfortable seating that the 700 has. To close to the wheel with that crappy bench. The viking has the individual seating with more legroom.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links