2016 Ranger 570XP EPS vs. 2016 Wolverine?
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on 2016 Ranger 570XP EPS vs. 2016 Wolverine? within the Wolverine vs the Competition forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Hi All. I currently have a 2016 Ranger 570XP w/EPS. Although the machine is large, it still fits on all of the trails around where ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cnj

Thread: 2016 Ranger 570XP EPS vs. 2016 Wolverine?

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times

Hi All. I currently have a 2016 Ranger 570XP w/EPS. Although the machine is large, it still fits on all of the trails around where I live. And I do really like it. It has been 100% reliable in it's 700+ miles. But..........I find that with the very upright seating position, after about an hour in the seat, my back really starts to hurt. I am considering getting something with a bit more of a reclined seating position (and maybe something a bit more sporty too). I need a bed in the back to do some minor work around my property, so a full-on sport machine is out of the running. It really seems the 2 prime contenders are the Polaris General and the Yamaha Wolverine (or the new Textron Havoc, whenever it gets released). I realize the General has the advantages of more power, more suspension travel, and a dumping bed, but it is also ALOT more expensive than the Wolverine (I can currently get a new leftover base 2016 Wolverine for $7999 + tax and fees-whatever those will be). So I guess I have a few questions, and am looking for your opinions.

1-Performance and suspension-wise, how do you think the base Wolverine will compare to my Ranger 570XP?
    2-Do you see any reason I should not make this change.....like is there any reliability issue, etc. with the Yamaha?
    3-Would it really be worth upgrading from the base Wolverine to the R-spec, as I would need to add roof, tailgate and possibly EPS to the base Yamaha anyway?

Thank you.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    426 times
    You won't be gaining much in actual engine performance, the 570 and 700 are pretty close in numbers. The real gain is in the ride comfort and plushness of the suspension. I can't speak about the base Wolverine but if you can get the R-spec, do so immediately. The KYB shocks are unmatched and the power steering is a must in my book.

I have 4500 miles on my Wolvy this past season and I've had zero issues with reliabilty. I've done nothing but basic maintenance and I have full confidence for as long as I own it.

The ranger is a utility machine and the Wolvy is a recreational trail machine with some basic utility built in. For light yard work it should meet your requirements unless you need the versitility of the dump bed. It ultimately comes down to what your actual needs are and what your willing to spend.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    I had a 2012 570 RZR before my Wolverine. The only thing better about the RZR was the seating position when I put in PRP seats. The Wolverine is superior in every other aspect, especially suspension and drivetrain.
    2017 R-Spec EPS, SuperATV 2" Lift Kit, Warn Winch, Factory UTV 1/2" UHMW Skid Plate/A-Arm Protectors,
    Factory UTV Full Size Doors, Corbeau RRS Seats, "Goldberg" seat sliders, ThrottleMaxx, PitBull Growler UBER XOR tires.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Well, looks like I need to put my Ranger up for sale. I picked up a brand new (leftover) blue 2016 R-spec (non-EPS) today. I am beyond excited to take it out sometime in the next few days!
    atkbike likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    384 times
    Congrats, you'll love it!
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec Blue
    2008 B-King
    1997 KLR650

Sponsored Links