Wolverine Vs. 2014-2015 Teryx
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on Wolverine Vs. 2014-2015 Teryx within the Wolverine vs the Competition forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; My buddy has a new Teryx, and I feel like these two machines are matched very well. The only thing I like better about the ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Wolverine Vs. 2014-2015 Teryx

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    518 times

My buddy has a new Teryx, and I feel like these two machines are matched very well. The only thing I like better about the Teryx is the crazy huge storage behind the seats. The Wolverine seems to be better all around other than that. The ride in the Teryx is very harsh to me...any thoughts?

Enjoying my wolverine
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    I agree. The Wolverine suspension sets it apart. The seating position is more comfortable than the Teryx. It does lack storage.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FordTruckMan View Post
    My buddy has a new Teryx, and I feel like these two machines are matched very well. The only thing I like better about the Teryx is the crazy huge storage behind the seats. The Wolverine seems to be better all around other than that. The ride in the Teryx is very harsh to me...any thoughts?
    The rear accessory box for the wolverine is lockable, dust proof and can easily Carry a weekends clothes and food for two. A medium sized cooler also easily fits forward of the box and will also provide an excellent place to put a couple of gallons of fuel which you will probably not need. In the cab you have a open dash compartment, a LARGE glove box, and a center storage area between the seats, devided into a smaller front section and a LARGE rear section. With this configuration I doubt you will be lacking for storage.

In 200+ miles and 11+ hours operation in extremely dusty conditions mostly in a following position the,rear box did not even require dusting which was truly amazing!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 10097
Size:  1.38 MB
    Last edited by Test Master; 05-07-2015 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Update with picture!
    Timmi, dascrow, MUDDY and 1 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Master View Post
    The rear accessory box for the wolverine is lockable, dust proof and can easily Carry a weekends clothes and food for two. A medium sized cooler also easily fits forward of the box and will also provide an excellent place to put a couple of gallons of fuel which you will probably not need. In the cab you have a open dash compartment, a LARGE glove box, and a center storage area between the seats, devided into a smaller front section and a LARGE rear section. With this configuration I doubt you will be lacking for storage.

In 200+ miles and 11+ hours operation in extremely dusty conditions mostly in a following position the,rear box did not even require dusting which was truly amazing!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 10097
Size:  1.38 MB
    Wow, that is amazing and is usually the most dusty place on the machine! I like it!
    Test Master and 205 like this.

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    The Teryx is about 250 pounds heavier and you sit much higher. The belt drive air intake on the 2014 and 15 models is from the top of the rear cylinder. Kawasaki uses the belt drive to remove the engine heat from under the engine cover. That's a deal killer for me plus the suspension is not nearly as good as the Wolverine. I installed the 2012-13 belt drive air intake on my buddies 2014. It goes up under the dash beside the speedo in a clean cold air position. My 2012 Teryx 4 seat was pretty good and well built. It was difficult to work on.
    Timmi and MUDDY like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    518 times
    Well I was going to be doing a side by side comparison(pun intended) this weekend with my buddy's Teryx, but he decided to go riding in Wellsville instead of our normal spot. So maybe next time.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    From what I've seen with my friends T2 and T4's they have a harsher ride and overall are larger for the tight trails around here. Power is about the same, handling so far on my wolverine seems sharper and will turn tighter. For trail riding they both are great, just the Wolverine may be a bit better in stock form.
    '16 Wolverine RSpec EPS

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Last ride we came from, our friend ran his Tyrex4. Very capable machine. He has a small lift on it as some wheel spacers. His only complaint was the ride was not quite as nice as his RZR. Its pretty long so he was really going up the steep stuff.

Name:  IMG_0553.jpg
Views: 10296
Size:  390.4 KB

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I test drove a Teryx the weekend before I purchased the Wolverine and my thoughts were about par with what everyone is saying. I loved the concept of the Kawi but the seat position and the suspension didn't suit my personal preference. I know a couple guys with Teryx s and they have only good things to say about them and we ride in some rough terrain in the Ouachita Mountains. I can't wait to take my Wolverine up there!

Puddle Jumper
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    For a 4 seater the teryx doesn't seem all that bad. It's not as long as most 4 seaters, like the viking 4 or commander max. If I had to have a 4 seater that would be at the top of the list.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links