Wolverine "plushness" vs other make models.
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on Wolverine "plushness" vs other make models. within the Wolverine vs the Competition forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; It has been about a year since I was able to rent a Wolverine Rspec and my low back issues have been growing steadily worse. ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Wolverine "plushness" vs other make models.

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times

It has been about a year since I was able to rent a Wolverine Rspec and my low back issues have been growing steadily worse. I thought I would ask those of you that have one how you would compare/rate the plushness of ride quality vs other makes/models of SxSs or ATVs. I am starting to wonder if there is anything out there that my back can tolerate or if this is the end of the sport for me. I have been riding my rhino with resi shocks down gravel and dirt roads for a bit the last few days (less than an hour each day) and the stiffness/jarring is too much. A year ago I thought the wolverine resi shocks and added wheelbase would solve it, but now I am not so sure. Of course the super hard Rhino seats probably don't help.

Thanks for any thoughts or information.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    432 times
    I have osteoarthritis In my neck and shoulder and know how you feel,other members have changed out their seats on the wolverine,but havn't heard reviews on them,sitting and bouncing around on these machines can take a toll on the body.i like to take a hike whenever I go out and seems to help.

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    I think the ride is very smooth compared to any atv i have ever ridden or owned
    17 R Spec EPS
    Yamaha half windshield
    28 10 14 carnivores on sti hd9 wheels
    YXZ seats
    Boss 14 inch soundbar
    Perfex 2 inch lift
    Konstruktor Doors
    Hunterworks clutching
    16 Grizzly EPS

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    432 times
    my son just bought a 2016 tyrex le 800 today,it comes with the adjustable fox shocks,adjustable drivers seat,tilt steering,led lights and three year warranty.the bucket seats are very plush and the machine has a six inch longer wheel base than the wolverine so should ride as good or better,will go for a cruise with him when he's done work to see how it rides.also 27'' tires

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Everything about that teryx looks perfect...except the suspension (why can't any manufacture get everything right in 1 model?) Only 8 inches of travel and the reviews I read said it is pretty rough in the slow stuff and trails. They said it actually rides best at 25 mph. They say if it only had 2 more inches of travel like the wolverine...would be good to go. Will be interesting to see what you think.

Thanks for mentioning this unit. I have never even looked at one but the 2016 is impressive...loaded with so many things, good wheelbase, wide as possible but still compliant with our 62 inch wide trails, tilt, ps, tall doors, plush seats, long warranty, tons of storage, good ground clearance, roomy cabin, eps...wow.
    Last edited by flyinghigh44; 03-29-2017 at 10:15 PM.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    432 times
    got to take his tyrex for a quick ride today and was rougher than the wolverine so he adjusted the shocks and was better.the seats are comfy and you sit up nicer than the wolverine with better visability.the axles look to be twice the size of the wolverine and the rear a arms are more open and don't get clogged with mud and snow.he did have a harder time getting through the tight turns than mine ,time will tell how it stands up.

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    trailcutter...with both machines set to softest ride, which is better?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    432 times
    he kept turning it down and said it did get better,he is going to try at softest ride the next time he takes it out, also there is only the two control settings on his fox shocks compared to the three control settings of the kyb shocks on mine,i didn't get a chance to drive it on much uneven ground to see how the rebound reacted ,we were pressed for time.i also took my machine on our excursion so only got to try his ounce.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    470 times
    Softening the shocks and removing the sway bar made a considerable difference in the daughter/son-in-laws T4, but, the Wolverines ride is still noticeably better.

Enjoying my Wolverine
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Wolvy is pretty comfy!! I have lower back issues and it never bothers me at all when I ride! I did soften the shocks about 4 clicks all the way around.
    MORSNO likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links