Wolverine "plushness" vs other make models. - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Wolverine "plushness" vs other make models.

This is a discussion on Wolverine "plushness" vs other make models. within the Wolverine vs the Competition forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Originally Posted by Tracen8r But on their website it says "6 Ply Rated" for the Big Horn 2.0. Gasp!! That's not the same as for ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Wolverine "plushness" vs other make models.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1577 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracen8r View Post
    But on their website it says "6 Ply Rated" for the Big Horn 2.0. Gasp!! That's not the same as for real being 6 Ply? Gotta love those incredibly inventive marketing folks. From seat of the pants feeling, the stock tires on mild terrain contribute quite a bit to the plushness of the ride. I noticed it rode harder when I installed the EVO's.
    Real Bighorns are heavier than the OEM "special" tires (2 ply front, 4 ply rear), so yes Yamaha marketing!
    Tracen8r likes this.
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Veteran
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    312 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MORSNO View Post
    Real Bighorns are heavier than the OEM "special" tires (2 ply front, 4 ply rear), so yes Yamaha marketing!
    Lol!! It's just basic math. 2 ply up front + 4 ply in back = 6 ply overall.
    MORSNO, david.tackman and dburt like this.
    2019 Camo R-Spec EPS
    ITP Steel Rims
    Evolution Tires
    3 1/2 " Highlifter Lift
    Warn 3500 Provantage Winch with wireless remote
    Yamaha Hard Coated Windscreen
    Yamaha Rear Curtain

2016 Camo R-Spec EPS
    Stock Steel Rims
    Mudlite II
    2" Perfex Lift
    Warn #3500 Pro Vantage Winch with wireless remote
    Yamaha Folding Windshield
    Yamaha Rear Curtain
    Hunterworks H.O. Fan

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    625 times
    Tracen8r, I got a good laugh from that. You have a bright future ahead of you in either, marketing, creative accounting, or politics. Or maybe all 3. LOL.
    Tracen8r likes this.
    2016 R Spec EPS, Realtree, 29x9x14 & 29x11x14 Tusk Warthogs on ITP SS112
    Hunterworks Sheave, Greaseless 18 gr wts (did have 16 gr.), Purple Sec. Spring, Wet Clutch Slugs
    Painted Control/Gear Symbols, Bad Dog Side Mirrors, EMP Panoramic Rear Mirror,
    Interior Overhead LED lights, Blue Floorboard LED Lights, Custom Side Rain Curtains
    Radiator Mud Guards, Yamaha Alum. Front Diff. Guard, Perfex 2" Lift, Winch,
    Grease Fitting Modification for Lower Rear A-Arm, Koso Coolant Temp. Gauge,
    RAM Mounts for GPS & 8" Tablet, Under Seat Storage Box, Folding Windshield,
    EMP Front/ Rear Bumpers, 100W 17" LED light, 18W Rear Flood LEDs 2x
    Great Day Gun Rack, Stebel Air Horn, Adjustable Driver's Seat, Turn Signals,
    Street Legal/TN Tag

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Veteran
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    312 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSkeeta View Post
    Tracen8r, I got a good laugh from that. You have a bright future ahead of you in either, marketing, creative accounting, or politics. Or maybe all 3. LOL.
    I do like being able to put a smile on peoples face on occasion. For instance, last time I had a Dental exam the young lady taking my x-rays was placing the very comfortable small, soft bite down thing into my cheek. She asked me to lift my tongue out of the way and I did. A little squirt of mouth juice burst forth. We've all had that happen. She kinda backed away and looked at me and I said, "I'm a meta-Human and my name is "The Moistener". It took a bit to quit laughing and get back to work.
    PapaSkeeta, MORSNO and Abell34 like this.
    2019 Camo R-Spec EPS
    ITP Steel Rims
    Evolution Tires
    3 1/2 " Highlifter Lift
    Warn 3500 Provantage Winch with wireless remote
    Yamaha Hard Coated Windscreen
    Yamaha Rear Curtain

2016 Camo R-Spec EPS
    Stock Steel Rims
    Mudlite II
    2" Perfex Lift
    Warn #3500 Pro Vantage Winch with wireless remote
    Yamaha Folding Windshield
    Yamaha Rear Curtain
    Hunterworks H.O. Fan

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1577 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracen8r View Post
    Lol!! It's just basic math. 2 ply up front + 4 ply in back = 6 ply overall.
    I just took a shoe off so I could count that far, you're right. I'm just a little smarter now!
    Tracen8r likes this.
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Sparky
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    359 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc T View Post
    Abell34, I was running 9 psi in the Kendas but had some deflations on rocky trails probably from loss of inner bead integrity. I had to up the psi to 11. For other terrain 9 was great. My2cents worth.
    I started out running 11 but I found they spin a little too easy on most terrains I was riding. seemed to run kind of hard on the center lug too. But I could see the bead issue with long exposures to rocky stuff. I watched one of my tires roll hard and almost looked to be stretching sideways on a steep side hill. A lot of pressure goes onto the beads
    2016 green R-Spec, oem folding front shield , front and rear lighting, 27x9 & 27x11 Kenda Bearclaw HTR, Warn 4500 Provantage, KFI plow set up, Custom bash plate, Hunterworks PCV and AIS blockoff, Hunterworks exhaust tip (modified with partial stock baffle)

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Just a comment on the original question: "I thought I would ask those of you that have one how you would compare/rate the plushness of ride quality vs other makes/models of SxSs or ATVs." Well, high quality and high cost of a brand or model does not always turn into a plush ride. True, a Kubota side by side is made mostly for work but the seats are little more then vinyl covered boards. They might hold up well to working riders, but they are not comfortable, hard as a rock and they do not hold you in place. Now a truly comfortable seat in my humble opinion resides in the Yamaha YXZ sport UTV, if I was inclined to have a Kubota RTV1100 diesel side by side with a cab I would have to figure out how to put those Yamaha seats in the Kubota. After all, when you have A/C and heat then you should have ALL the comforts befitting such a spendy ride! Same goes for the $25K+ John Deere Gator XUV865 UTV side by side with the cab, A/C and heat, etc. Now the JD at least has a cloth covered seat, but it's actually more like cloth covered boards- very little padding and a bolt upright seating position that is hard on old bones and weak backs! The Wolverine R-spec and X2 and X4 models seem to have decent seats, and when you tweak the shock settings and get just the right tire pressures set- then you can have a fairly comfortable ride!
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec, winch, 1/2 windshield deflector, pretty much stock!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links