Wolverine "plushness" vs other make models. - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Wolverine "plushness" vs other make models.

This is a discussion on Wolverine "plushness" vs other make models. within the Wolverine vs the Competition forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Brother in law has a teryx and even with adjusted fox shocks, I still feel the wolverine has a nicer and more controlled ride. Best ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Wolverine "plushness" vs other make models.

September WOTM Winner! One2nine's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    Brother in law has a teryx and even with adjusted fox shocks, I still feel the wolverine has a nicer and more controlled ride. Best thing to do is get some seat time in as many machines as you can. As far as ride and comfort go, you'd be stepping up from the rhino in pretty much any newer machine.
    Tracen8r likes this.
    '16 Steel blue R spec EPS
    27" ITP Blackwaters on 14" ITP Hurricanes, SSV stereo, Pro Armor harnesses with pass throughs, Fender flares, Facotry windshield, Warn ProVantage, HDM grab handles, 2R billet tip, and some LED lighting goodies

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    I assume everyone responding has the R spec with adjustable shocks. In a review of the teryx they mentioned that it really needed 2 inches more travel all the way around...which would put it at 10 inches like the wolverine...apparently those last 2 inches make the difference.

I did a test ride in a non rspec wolverine and the ride was a bit better than the rhino, but nothing even remotely close to "plush".
    Tracen8r likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    432 times
    my son's teryx also comes with 14'' rims so might make it ride different than my 12'' rims.Name:  IMG_20170401_115634.jpg
Views: 1165
Size:  1.48 MB
    Tracen8r likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    If your looking for super plush big travel suspension. Polaris or can am. If your coming from an atv to the wolverine. the wolverine is much smoother than any atv.
    Tracen8r and Rockit401 like this.
    17 R Spec EPS
    Yamaha half windshield
    28 10 14 carnivores on sti hd9 wheels
    YXZ seats
    Boss 14 inch soundbar
    Perfex 2 inch lift
    Konstruktor Doors
    Hunterworks clutching
    16 Grizzly EPS

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I have owned a Pionner 1000-5, RZR 800 S and still own a RZR 900 S, RZR XP 1000 and Wolverine r spec. Comparing them all as stock machines the Wolverine is the plushest on the normal rocky terrain. Over big bumps the XP is the plushest. I had shock therapy tune the shocks on the 900 and XP 1000. On the 1000 I also added the Walker Evans sway bar links and with those modifications the XP 1000 is the plushest in all conditions. The Wolverine is about the same or maybe slightly plusher than the 900 with tuned shocks. I am not brand loyal. They are all great machines. I have 7,000 miles on the XP 1000 with no major issues. I have owned 9 Polaris machines, 6 Honda’s and 4 Yamaha’s. All great. The Honda’s and Yamaha’s have less issues but we have never had a major breakdown on any of the machines and we ride them hard.

I am happy to answer any questions with no bias.
    jimclemjr, atkbike, cnj and 2 others like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    536 times
    You will get a little incremental plush by keeping 12" rims and larger tires and running less pressure. Of course 'plush' has potential for less control. Type of riding, trails vs desert vs driving gravel roads to the hunting cabin, all have a bearing. The 4 seater RZR may be an answer since it looks like its about 16' long lol?
    Tracen8r likes this.
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Camo, , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS mudguards, Autometer Temp Gauge, Weller Reflash, SATV A-arms & DIY stick guards, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/manual switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, 27" 9 & 11Maxxis Vipr,4000 Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harnesses, JBS/Eibach springs, SPAL fan, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I’m 53 and have had 3 back surgeries.. that being said, you have two options, stop riding and accept the fact your condition is getting worse, or two.. do like me and accept the fact that it’s not going to get better and at least have fun riding even if your hurting.
    Tracen8r likes this.

Sparky
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    359 times
    i rode a few times in a 900 razr and i have to admit the combination of ride position, seat shape, and big suspension numbers made for a very smooth machine. I think the rspec does a solid job of smoothing out the bumps but the slightly more uprt seating position and lower suspension travel numbers limit what it can do. I did notice an improvement in the ride of my rspec by adding 27in kenda bearclaw htr tires. I run 9psi and it seems to run pretty smooth but doesn't feel uncontrolled at all. Actually much more controlled than the stock fake bighorns that are bias ply tires.
    Doc T likes this.
    2016 green R-Spec, oem folding front shield , front and rear lighting, 27x9 & 27x11 Kenda Bearclaw HTR, Warn 4500 Provantage, KFI plow set up, Custom bash plate, Hunterworks PCV and AIS blockoff, Hunterworks exhaust tip (modified with partial stock baffle)

Veteran
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    312 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Abell34 View Post
    i rode a few times in a 900 razr and i have to admit the combination of ride position, seat shape, and big suspension numbers made for a very smooth machine. I think the rspec does a solid job of smoothing out the bumps but the slightly more uprt seating position and lower suspension travel numbers limit what it can do. I did notice an improvement in the ride of my rspec by adding 27in kenda bearclaw htr tires. I run 9psi and it seems to run pretty smooth but doesn't feel uncontrolled at all. Actually much more controlled than the stock fake bighorns that are bias ply tires.
    But on their website it says "6 Ply Rated" for the Big Horn 2.0. Gasp!! That's not the same as for real being 6 Ply? Gotta love those incredibly inventive marketing folks. From seat of the pants feeling, the stock tires on mild terrain contribute quite a bit to the plushness of the ride. I noticed it rode harder when I installed the EVO's.
    Last edited by Tracen8r; 06-08-2018 at 12:42 AM.
    2019 Camo R-Spec EPS
    ITP Steel Rims
    Evolution Tires
    3 1/2 " Highlifter Lift
    Warn 3500 Provantage Winch with wireless remote
    Yamaha Hard Coated Windscreen
    Yamaha Rear Curtain

2016 Camo R-Spec EPS
    Stock Steel Rims
    Mudlite II
    2" Perfex Lift
    Warn #3500 Pro Vantage Winch with wireless remote
    Yamaha Folding Windshield
    Yamaha Rear Curtain
    Hunterworks H.O. Fan

Veteran
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    291 times
    Abell34, I was running 9 psi in the Kendas but had some deflations on rocky trails probably from loss of inner bead integrity. I had to up the psi to 11. For other terrain 9 was great. My2cents worth.
    Abell34 likes this.
    The mountains are calling and I must go. 2016 RSpec Spec Ed
    Gorilla winch, Seizmic mirrors, EMP rear shield, Rugged Radio with intercom, 20" light bar, horn plays Dixie, 2"Perfex lift, Kenda Bearclaws ,Trail Tech temp gauge, Yama rear box and bumper, Throttle Max, tow rope to pull Polaris and Canams. TGM doors and door bags, Power Commander V. TCP "Mudder"radiator,Hunterworks high output fan, Superatv split windshield, extra wide homemade flex fenders.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links