Eureka Ride (Belanger Pass Area) (Aug 24-25)
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on Eureka Ride (Belanger Pass Area) (Aug 24-25) within the Wolverine Ride Events & Get Togethers forums, part of the General Discussions category; I'll be driving up to Eureka this Saturday morning. Will find a parking spot around the Belanger Pass trailhead and find a camping spot somewhere ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By AlaskaGriz
  • 1 Post By MORSNO
  • 3 Post By AlaskaGriz
  • 1 Post By Tracen8r
  • 1 Post By AlaskaGriz

Thread: Eureka Ride (Belanger Pass Area) (Aug 24-25)

Sunday Driver
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    113 times

I'll be driving up to Eureka this Saturday morning. Will find a parking spot around the Belanger Pass trailhead and find a camping spot somewhere around that area so we can take a short ride on Sunday morning. We will probably have lunch up on the ridge that overlooks the Glenn highway.

Name:  IMAG0095.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  1.34 MB

Here is what my tow rig looks like.

If you see us, stop in and say hello or go for a ride with us.

Dave

Name:  IMG_2964.JPG
Views: 30
Size:  1.96 MB
    Doc T, MORSNO and Tracen8r like this.
    2019 Wolverine X2 Special Edition (Blue); 28” Blackwater Evolution Tires; 3500 lb Winch; SuperATV Split Windshield; Custom Bed Canopy; ATVTech Mirrors, Throttle Max

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1568 times
    We will be a few miles up the road at the first gravel pit Friday morning-Sunday morning. Small chance of rain Friday evening and night, lots of sun and 60 degree high all weekend. Be safe and have a great weekend!
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Sunday Driver
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    113 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MORSNO View Post
    We will be a few miles up the road at the first gravel pit Friday morning-Sunday morning. Small chance of rain Friday evening and night, lots of sun and 60 degree high all weekend. Be safe and have a great weekend!
    Hope you have a great ride. I think we will too.

Dave
    2019 Wolverine X2 Special Edition (Blue); 28” Blackwater Evolution Tires; 3500 lb Winch; SuperATV Split Windshield; Custom Bed Canopy; ATVTech Mirrors, Throttle Max

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1568 times
    AlaskaGriz, it was funny yesterday on the way back home, I was behind you (without realizing it was you) and commenting to me wife what a nice trailer that was in front of us. We were checking it out and then you pulled over and we saw it was you. We were trying to beat the fair traffic in Palmer or we would have stopped at a bigger pullout up the road and visited. We had a great weekend up there, perfect weather and great riding without any issues on the trail. Wished we would have seen more critters out there, just a big flock of ptarmigan on the the outer loop trail and lots of ground squirrels as usual.
    Tracen8r likes this.
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Sunday Driver
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    113 times
    AlaskaGriz, it was funny yesterday on the way back home, I was behind you (without realizing it was you) and commenting to me wife what a nice trailer that was in front of us. We were checking it out and then you pulled over and we saw it was you. We were trying to beat the fair traffic in Palmer or we would have stopped at a bigger pullout up the road and visited. We had a great weekend up there, perfect weather and great riding without any issues on the trail. Wished we would have seen more critters out there, just a big flock of ptarmigan on the the outer loop trail and lots of ground squirrels as usual.
    Hi. Yeah, we'd like to catch up with you 4 sure. I realized it was you when looking back. I usually pull over if someone is faster than I'm going. We did notice your rig at the 1st gravel pit but when we went by no one was outside so didn't want to disturb.

I met up with Tracn8r and his wife (and 2 puppies). They both have Wolverines. We had a fantastic ride well beyond the mining operation on the backside of Sheep Mountain. We saw 3 flocks of sheep on the mountains (about 15 all together). They were pretty high up so our pictures are only barely recognizable. - lol

Would be great if we can get in a ride before things get too much colder.

Dave

Name:  DSC00020.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  2.27 MB
    Name:  IMG_2657.JPG
Size:  3.92 MB
    Name:  IMG_3250.JPG
Size:  2.42 MB
    MORSNO, Tracen8r and wolvymanx4 like this.

Veteran
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    312 times
    Dave, we had a great time as well. Me and mine enjoyed meeting you and yours. We'd like to link up again before the weather makes it not as much fun!
    MORSNO likes this.
    2019 Camo R-Spec EPS
    ITP Steel Rims
    Evolution Tires
    3 1/2 " Highlifter Lift
    Warn 3500 Provantage Winch with wireless remote
    Yamaha Hard Coated Windscreen
    Yamaha Rear Curtain

2016 Camo R-Spec EPS
    Stock Steel Rims
    Mudlite II
    2" Perfex Lift
    Warn #3500 Pro Vantage Winch with wireless remote
    Yamaha Folding Windshield
    Yamaha Rear Curtain
    Hunterworks H.O. Fan

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1568 times
    I'm hoping to get up to Petersville this fall, but the fire has messed that up so far. The riding isn't as fun as it is pretty much dirt roads and trails, but the scenery can be beautiful with Denali out in its glory. I wish the new Roadhouse would be open on a regular basis so we had somewhere to hit up for dinner and a cocktail or two. They have only been opening on select holiday weekends over the summer.

Sunday Driver
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    113 times
    I'm hoping to get up to Petersville this fall, but the fire has messed that up so far. The riding isn't as fun as it is pretty much dirt roads and trails, but the scenery can be beautiful with Denali out in its glory. I wish the new Roadhouse would be open on a regular basis so we had somewhere to hit up for dinner and a cocktail or two. They have only been opening on select holiday weekends over the summer.

We would be up for riding there again too. I know the Owner of the Roadhouse. I'll get the plan from them and let you know what they are doing.

Dave
    MORSNO likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1568 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaGriz View Post
    We would be up for riding there again too. I know the Owner of the Roadhouse. I'll get the plan from them and let you know what they are doing.

Dave
    I always like to support the local places to help keep them around! My wife were some of the first to have a cocktail in the new place when it first opened, nice folks!

Sponsored Links