Eureka Ride
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Eureka Ride

This is a discussion on Eureka Ride within the Wolverine Ride Events & Get Togethers forums, part of the General Discussions category; For those of us lucky enough to be able to ride in the Greatland, I propose a group ride on 27 July. Meet up at ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Eureka Ride

Veteran
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    304 times

Eureka Ride

For those of us lucky enough to be able to ride in the Greatland, I propose a group ride on 27 July. Meet up at the trailhead 1 mile east of the Lodge around 0930. I average between 10-15 mph, so if you get way out in front, I will be along eventually! All are welcome to include kids, dogs and Can-Am's as long as they don't bite. (I'm talking about the kids, not the dogs...Lol!!) As of right now I have 2 seats available for passengers. Said passengers will need to provide their own gear (Helmets if they wear them, goggles, gloves and such). The ride rules are straight forward. 1. Ride 2. Have fun 3. If someone is broke down or stuck, lend a hand. No need to pm to confirm, just show up.
    Open Trails Alaska likes this.
    2019 Camo R-Spec EPS
    ITP Steel Rims
    Evolution Tires
    3 1/2 " Highlifter Lift
    Warn 3500 Provantage Winch with wireless remote
    Yamaha Hard Coated Windscreen
    Yamaha Rear Curtain

2016 Camo R-Spec EPS
    Stock Steel Rims
    Mudlite II
    2" Perfex Lift
    Warn #3500 Pro Vantage Winch with wireless remote
    Yamaha Folding Windshield
    Yamaha Rear Curtain
    Hunterworks H.O. Fan

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1519 times
    I was up there this past weekend, the trail has dried up a lot since earlier in the year and the blueberries are starting to get ripe. Your 10-15 mph is about right for the conditions unless you want to be in a massive dust cloud all day!
    Tracen8r likes this.
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Slow Poke
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    Wish I was joining you. My X2 just got out of the shop for the 20 hour break-in service. It is in an upholstery shop right now getting a custom bed cover (like boats have). Should be really functional to be able to cover my dog and supplies in bad weather and to be able to roll up the unzip/rollup the windows on nice days. I'll post pics next week when it get finished. I rode at Eureka over 4th of July and a group of us camped out in the Flat Creek area. We went to the head waters of the Little Oshetna and found some awesome waterfalls. Here's a few pics.

DaveName:  Crop1.JPG
Views: 51
Size:  196.9 KBName:  IMG_2198.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  3.72 MBName:  IMG_2268.JPG
Views: 52
Size:  2.50 MB
    MORSNO, Tracen8r, atkbike and 1 others like this.
    2019 Wolverine X2 Special Edition (Blue); 28” Blackwater Evolution Tires; 3500 lb Winch; SuperATV Split Windshield; Custom Bed Canopy; ATVTexh Mirrors

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Veteran
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    304 times
    @MORSNO, We did Balenger Pass on Sunday. Not tons of mileage but great views and Bous. @AlaskaGriz That is a really good ride. A few years back I did the loop with a couple friends and camped in Horse Pasture. Woke up surrounded by a herd of Bou. That was neat. There is one river crossing that scares the hell outta me near the north end of Horse Pasture. River canyon narrows and the river goes into deep turbo mode. I got bound up in the middle of it on my ATV skidplate and it swung me around and pointed me downstream and away I went. I was able to Rodeo it back to the spot that I entered and gave it another shot. We made it through and I haven't been back there since. The spot after that part where the bushes are really thick on both sides of the trail in the bottom of the gulch was where I saw the very fresh berry seed laden huge pile of Brown Bear poop. Best ride I've been on yet. BTW what are you using as the ribs and rib mounting points for the cover? Will it accordian fold like the boat covers? I'd like to see it when you are done!
    MORSNO likes this.
    2019 Camo R-Spec EPS
    ITP Steel Rims
    Evolution Tires
    3 1/2 " Highlifter Lift
    Yamaha Rear Curtain

2016 Camo R-Spec EPS
    Stock Steel Rims
    Mudlite II
    2" Perfex Lift
    Yamaha Rear Curtain
    Hunterworks H.O. Fan

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1519 times
    Have either of you spent time going up the trail by the Chinaman's wall on your way towards Horse Pasture? It's off to your right as you head down the Little Nelchena towards Horse Pasture. I have been back to where the old miners cabin and mine is past Chinaman's wall about 5 miles or so, but no further. I'm pretty sure if I kept going it would allow me to loop back around to the main trail that heads from the bottom of Monument towards the Oshentna (sp) River?
    Tracen8r likes this.
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Veteran
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    304 times
    I've went about the first half mile to where it makes a hard right around the hilltop. (Red Circle) Was way too washed out for me, but that was 7 or more years ago and it may have improved since. The turquoise arrow on the top right is the main trail as it goes w/nw along the Tyone. I've looked for the trail out of Horse Pasture that runs back along Red Fox that hooks up with Tyone (Turquoise arrow on top left)but haven't been able to find it. This year I want to run from Red Fox Creek over to Horse Pasture.

Name:  Lil Nel Map_LI.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  2.51 MB
    MORSNO likes this.
    2019 Camo R-Spec EPS
    ITP Steel Rims
    Evolution Tires
    3 1/2 " Highlifter Lift
    Yamaha Rear Curtain

2016 Camo R-Spec EPS
    Stock Steel Rims
    Mudlite II
    2" Perfex Lift
    Yamaha Rear Curtain
    Hunterworks H.O. Fan

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I really wish I could go! I haven’t explored Eureka yet and you guys seem to know you’re way around. I just have too many chores to catch up on before hunting season. Please keep posting updates on future rides.
    ————-
    ‘18 Yamaha Wolverine X4 - Blue
    28" ITP Blackwater Evolution
    OEM Windshield and Soft Back Cover
    Warn Provantage 3500 w/ Wireless Remote
    27" LED Front and 12" LED Rear Lightbars
    EMP Side Mirrors/ Rocky Mtn Tusk Rear View Mirror

Veteran
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    304 times
    Combining map recon and gps tracking I estimate I've been on only 60% of the trails there. When you are able to get there if the map says "Winter Trail" I avoid it. Huge bogs and alder thickets that tear all hell outta gear. I don't mind getting stuck but there is a limit!
    2019 Camo R-Spec EPS
    ITP Steel Rims
    Evolution Tires
    3 1/2 " Highlifter Lift
    Yamaha Rear Curtain

2016 Camo R-Spec EPS
    Stock Steel Rims
    Mudlite II
    2" Perfex Lift
    Yamaha Rear Curtain
    Hunterworks H.O. Fan

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1519 times
    I've always avoided the main trail between the lodge and four corners for that reason! I take the trail from the gravel pits out to the four corner intersection. Then off down the seldom used trail (well less used by the masses) along the crooked creek and then up and over the pass and back down to what I think is old man creek which if you take upstream takes you back towards the bottom of Monument trail and the Little Nelchena.
    Tracen8r likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1519 times
    We'll probably be up there next weekend to pick blueberries and get a little riding in.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links