Waiting to really get out on a half decent ride. No Spring here
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on Waiting to really get out on a half decent ride. No Spring here within the Wolverine Ride Events & Get Togethers forums, part of the General Discussions category; There doesn't appear to be a Topic area for general riding (non groups or events). Although it would be an event for me to get ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Waiting to really get out on a half decent ride. No Spring here

Cannon Ball
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    215 times

There doesn't appear to be a Topic area for general riding (non groups or events). Although it would be an event for me to get out on a 150km round trip ride like I've done on my ATV.
    Here in Ontario, a lot of flooding in various cottage country areas (Huntsville, Bracebridge, Minden specifically had disaster areas registered). I get the odd day of sun where I am well south of them and then rain rain and more rain again. Cold temp in the single digits celsius while getting to 12 or above is short lived. The winds are ice cold from the recently thawed out lakes.
    I know that trailering the Wolverine north to a snowmobile trail head North of Belleville where I can go up to Bancroft and further will be inundated with a lot of water areas, flooding and worst for some time. Frost holes may also exist (you just drop into a jelly mess of sand if you encounter them). Nice riding temps are rare at this point and half decent trail conditions (those are all multiuse trails converted from rail bed infrastructure mostly) will be a long time coming. Its 7C as I type here at home right now and raining. With all the water and high water from this winter snow melting late its going to be tough wherever one goes around here. I have a local trail but its short not going anywhere specifically as it ends in both directions I go.

Those areas north of me mentioned will be quite wet and muddy far more than I'd want (I get lot more splattered on this than my Kingquad setup) I am not into parting the water with a fast moving SxS but lile rolling up down the dried out trails despite some dust in areas.

I am sure many of you have your own bad spring weather situations as well to deal with. Spring in name only, snow and ice still forecast in the norther areas even yesterday with the flooding. Summer will be along on the calendar before this exist at this rate, which is what happened last year.
    MassiveOverkill likes this.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

BigHorn 2.0 27 inch tires
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Same here in Montana, and since we ride mostly above 4000 feet, it'll be into July before enough snow melts off to get to the mountain lakes. One more year before we can just load up and go south for a week or two.

Cannon Ball
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    215 times
    No riding at lower levels?

All our rain and flooding waters flow south into Lake Ontario which is high as well now. Whether we get a repeat of 2017 where shore line properties beccome flooded as well as the Toronto Islands closed off due to large submerged areas will be seen in a few weeks as the ground is saturated. It ends up in the rivers, canals and flowing into Lake Ontario & Lake Erie from the northern regions.

Some rider enjoy going into deep stuff be it water and/or mud. Me I have no desire whatsoever and hate getting stuck. I do carry tow straps etc to allow for a long reach just in case since I have a large box now. It does no good sitting in my garage it I am out riding. LOL

Good Luck up there in Montana!!
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Hog Chaser
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Same issue in Iowa. I bought my X4 on Dec 29th in the middle of our first big snow storm. Winter was brutal this year and the snow didn't melt until early April. Lots of flooding and still getting rain. Most of the riding areas aren't open for the season. Due to work obligations, my first outing is looking to be early June
    KeithStone76 likes this.

Super Moderator MassiveOverkill's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1123 times
    We just got over a foot of snow between yesterday and today.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    First Wolverine X4 to break the 60 MPH barrier
    Over 6000 miles and 425 hours
    Hunterworks prototype sheave with easy cleanout port, 22 gram HV weights
    Weller Racing ECU flash
    HMF Titan Series Quiet slip-on Exhaust
    Walker Evans shocks
    Swiss-cheesed airbox lid
    NGK Laser Iridium spark plugs
    Tinkseal additives
    STI HD beadlocks wearing Tusk Terrabite 27x9x12 tires
    OEM windshield, soft cab, and roof
    OEM skid plates
    OEM rock sliders
    OEM A-arm guards
    OEM cargo box
    Check out the Yamaha X2/X4 FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/671163569748779/

Cannon Ball
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    215 times
    Kinda not too surprised. The local TV weather hasn't had much nice forecasts lately. Various big storms originating out of Texas swooping up and over then off to the eastern provinces. It thing a lot of us are in a similar situation unless you're out western end of North America.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripplec View Post
    No riding at lower levels?

Good Luck up there in Montana!!
    Just boring old logging roads with locked forest service gates. Fun stuff at lower elevations would require some traveling.
    Ya I'm not a big fan of deep water and mud, but we don't have much of that out here anyways.

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Here in Maine most of our trails don't open until Memorial Day Weekend. We are having an extremely wet spring as well. The ground is so saturated everywhere. I sure hope the trails will be ready by then!
    2019 X2 R-Spec, Super ATV Folding Windshield. Still a work in progress.

Turbo
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    250 times
    It’s 84 and sunny here!
    The mountains are calling and I must go. 2016 RSpec Spec Ed
    Gorilla winch, Seizmic mirrors, EMP rear shield, Rugged Radio with intercom, 20" light bar, horn plays Dixie, 2"Perfex lift, Kenda Bearclaws ,Trail Tech temp gauge, Yama rear box and bumper, Throttle Max, tow rope to pull Polaris and Canams. TGM doors and door bags, Power Commander V. TCP "Mudder"radiator,Hunterworks high output fan, Superatv split windshield, extra wide homemade flex fenders.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    I'm in Eastern Iowa and the Mississippi River is just starting to go down. Still well above flood stage. There's an old tale that says the weather won't straighten up until the Mississippi gets back to normal. It's definitely holding true this year. 50 and rain all day again here today.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links