Hatfield Mccoy outlaw trails FINE ? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Hatfield Mccoy outlaw trails FINE ?

This is a discussion on Hatfield Mccoy outlaw trails FINE ? within the Wolverine Ride Events & Get Togethers forums, part of the General Discussions category; I will do for sure!...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Hatfield Mccoy outlaw trails FINE ?

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    I will do for sure!
    2017 Rspec, alpine white, warne 3500lb winch, super ATV flip windshield, Yamaha soft reapir window, spare tire on accessories bar.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    431 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1953 Chevy View Post
    I have a 2002 F350 7.3, with 4WD, pulling our 30' 5th wheel, and our aluma 10' trailer with the wolve on it, so hopefully won't have issues.
    Thanks again!
    Kevin
    Ouch. Have you been to WV before? That combo isn't going to be fun. If I take my 30 GN to either the places we usually stay there are places I need to back up to make corners and I carry outside tires over the creek in a few places. I've been a truck driver for 22 years and there are still places I'm not happy about going with a pick up and trailer down there. I'm also towing with the same truck.

I've never been to that camp ground, it's right off 52 which is good road for there, so it may not be to bad. Your truck will still hate you.

MORSNO and atkbike like this.
    Good judgment comes from experience, most of which comes from bad judgement

2016 R spec Black
    Superwinch Terra 45
    27x9r12 Bearclaw HTR's on STI HD beadlocks
    Hunterworks PCV
    AIS delete
    DIY exhaust tip
    JBS Eibach spring kit
    2" Perfex Lift
    Sway Bar Delete
    Hunterworks greaseless sheave
    14g/.5mm shim/Purple secondary
    Slugged wet clutch
    Super ATV EZ steer power steering
    Chopped cage

Turbo
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    226 times
    I have seen bus sized motor homes at Twin Hollows. The entrance is steep.
    The mountains are calling and I must go. 2016 RSpec Spec Ed
    Gorilla winch, Seizmic mirrors, EMP rear shield, Rugged Radio with intercom, 20" light bar, horn plays Dixie, 2"Perfex lift, Kenda Bearclaws ,Trail Tech temp gauge, Yama rear box and bumper, Throttle Max, tow rope to pull Polaris and Canams. TGM doors and door bags, Power Commander V. TCP "Mudder"radiator,Hunterworks high output fan, Superatv split windshield, extra wide homemade flex fenders.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    I talked to them again and they said the drive is now paved, but still steep. They also said they have had 70' come up through with no problems. We will just have to wait and see. Hopefully it will be dry.
    LeadSled01 and atkbike like this.
    2017 Rspec, alpine white, warne 3500lb winch, super ATV flip windshield, Yamaha soft reapir window, spare tire on accessories bar.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Well we got here Sunday with no problems, but it sure was an experience dragging a 5th wheel, and a trailer with the wolverine on it through the city of Williamson WV. And then the hill up to twin hallow campground was a pull on the old horse. We have been riding primarily on the rock house trails, and went to the cemetery. We took the tour
    out of the campground to feed the horses and see the sunset on Tuesday evening. Way cool!!! We are here through this Sunday and will try to post some pictures later this week.

Pavement Princess
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I am pretty jealous of you right now. I just got back from a trip to Arkansas, but have been wanting to make the haul down to HMT for a while. Have a great time, be safe, and take lots of pictures...
    2018 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE (Matte Silver)
    -JBS Sheave and Springs, Weller ECM Flash, 14" ITP Hurricane Wheels/28"Terrabites, Lots of OEM Accessories...

Evil Kenevil
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Nice, love the horses. I am planning my HM trip for April 11-14 over Easter. Staying at private camp/bunkhouse in Rock WV just down the road from Blackdog Ranch. We ride the outlaw trails.
    How muddy is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1953 Chevy View Post
    Well we got here Sunday with no problems, but it sure was an experience dragging a 5th wheel, and a trailer with the wolverine on it through the city of Williamson WV. And then the hill up to twin hallow campground was a pull on the old horse. We have been riding primarily on the rock house trails, and went to the cemetery. We took the tour
    out of the campground to feed the horses and see the sunset on Tuesday evening. Way cool!!! We are here through this Sunday and will try to post some pictures later this week.

Turbo
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    226 times
    LeadSled01, Last weekend around Blackdog it was all dusty Sat then all Mud in the snow Sun. Plan for both in one day. I won’t be up there that weekend or I would look you up. Have a good ride. Get Bob Ts maps for your GPS.
    Go Far, Get Lost, GPS back!
    LeadSled01 likes this.
    The mountains are calling and I must go. 2016 RSpec Spec Ed
    Gorilla winch, Seizmic mirrors, EMP rear shield, Rugged Radio with intercom, 20" light bar, horn plays Dixie, 2"Perfex lift, Kenda Bearclaws ,Trail Tech temp gauge, Yama rear box and bumper, Throttle Max, tow rope to pull Polaris and Canams. TGM doors and door bags, Power Commander V. TCP "Mudder"radiator,Hunterworks high output fan, Superatv split windshield, extra wide homemade flex fenders.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    We made it home and all I can say is that it was awesome! We stayed mainly on Rock House and Devil Anse. The trails were awesome with a stray shower on Thursday there was no dust or mud. Great weather every day. When we go again I will definitely take hwy 64 all the way to Charleston, and then go south instead of south east out of Lexington Ky through Williamson VA and on to Gilbert. We were lucky enough to see a bear and 3 cubs on the trail, as well as all the other sites in the area. Cell service was hit and miss for us in the area. Twin Hallow was great, but getting up and down was a tad bit interesting. I will try to post pictures later if I can figure out how to resize them. The Wolverine run great with no issues at all. Mostly Polaris razors were there, but had many compliments about the Yamaha, and they said they wished they had looked at the Yamaha line before they bought there machines. Made us feel pretty good!

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    A few pictures of our trip to Hatfield and McCoys trails. We stayed at Twin Hallow in Gilbert. Hopefully the pictures go through.
    Attached Images Attached Images              
    Budro2, wolvymanx4, Doc T and 1 others like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links