Central Pennsylvania members?
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Central Pennsylvania members?

This is a discussion on Central Pennsylvania members? within the Wolverine Ride Events & Get Togethers forums, part of the General Discussions category; I know we have some members from central Pa. Any chance any of you know trails from Woodland to Snow Shoe? Some friends and I ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Central Pennsylvania members?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    381 times
    I know we have some members from central Pa. Any chance any of you know trails from Woodland to Snow Shoe?
    Some friends and I are planning a riding/camping trip. Leaving from the Indiana area, we have connected enough trails to get to Woodland. If we could get from Woodland to Snow Shoe, we could get on SSRT and take the connector to Bloody Skillet. If they finish the connector from bloody skillet to whisky springs, we could potentially ride from south western Pa to Potter County. Darn near New York!
    Of course this would be several days round trip, but it would be one helluva adventure!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Hammer; 03-18-2018 at 08:51 PM.
    atkbike likes this.
    '07 Grizzly 660
    '09 Grizzly 550 w/EPS
    '16 Wolverine R-Spec w/EPS

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Would love to know what you discover... Our cabin is right off of the Rails To Trails between Clarence and Bloody Skillet. However, as of last summer it is now darn near impossible to get across river to southern end of Rails To Trails (and out to bars for lunch and a beer). Obviously, the big bridge has been blocked off for several years now. But, DCNR started ticketing people for going around on the "road" either through the little town or cutting up into woods (which has now been completely clear cut and under control of DCNR). So as of last fall, the only way across is to cut down the trail to the river and cross the river (as long as it is low enough). However, over the last several years, all those trails that shoot off of the railroad bed have been blocked off too. People keep making new ones to get down to the river, but obviously the owner doesn't want that happening either. I wish SSRT could get an agreement to build a new bridge across river for ATV traffic like they did for the Bloody Skillet connector. (The river is dead anyway from all the iron/sulfur runoff) I'd be willing to pay more for our membership to fund that..

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    381 times
    Good to know. I haven't been to SSRT since like November of 2016. At that time you could still get through the river and go around through that old mine, but they were starting to clean it up and log it
    '07 Grizzly 660
    '09 Grizzly 550 w/EPS

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    As of last fall, if coming from the Black Bear Trailhead on SSRT, you can cross the river to the left of the old closed bridge. It's pretty low right there and I "think" it would still be crossable even when the river is flowing good as long as you go straight across. You can see the trail going up the bank on the other side. That trail was pretty steep with some pretty good whoops in it. It takes you straight up to the railroad bed. (That last hump over to the RR bed is pretty steep too... Looking straight up not really knowing where you're going to come down :-). That is also about where the owner of the property keeps piling stuff up on both sides to block off the trail. (Might be worth walking it before attempting to ride up). I also was riding that in a quad and it seemed fairly tight too. Haven't ridden it in my Wolverine yet. But, my buddy has used it with his RZR4, so it must be fine for a SxS...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    381 times
    I'll have to trailer up to ride the rail bed before I try riding half way across the state, lol
    '07 Grizzly 660
    '09 Grizzly 550 w/EPS

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    lol: I think I do remember the Central Mtn ATV Club's proposed trail map showing trails going down below SSRT. I figure it will probably be at least another 5 years before they get the connection all the way up to Potter County. (Just going by how long it took to build 2 bridges for the SSRT Connector Trail). I go to a hunting cabin in Potter and my brother-in-law has a cabin in Tioga right outside of Galeton. As is, we can ride from either of those cabins to the Susquehannock State Trail. It'll be awesome if one day we can ride from Snow Shoe all the way up to either of those cabins and spend a night

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Hammer, Don't know if you saw this...

Looks like plenty of "proposed" trails heading down your way...

http://cmatva.org/nv/application/fil..._Rev092017.pdf

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    381 times
    I have not seen that specific map.
    I did attend the DCNR meeting in December at Loch Haven concerning the construction of a connector trail between Bloody Skillet and Whiskey Springs trail systems. They have a plan, but were trying to find a way through Renovo that caused the least disturbance to the residents. Since then I see that Renovo borough has approved atv use on certain borough streets.
    You're right though, nothing moves fast with DCNR
    '07 Grizzly 660
    '09 Grizzly 550 w/EPS

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    The trouble was getting down off the mountain into South Renovo, the town of Renovo as you stated is good to go. (South Renovo is open to opening what roads that will be needed to connect the trail)
    2017 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec SE

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Does that mean the area around Renovo is the only holdup? IE: The rest of the "trail" to connect Bloody Skillet to Whiskey Springs is already set? (Does it need to be "built" or does it already exist?)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links