Central Pennsylvania members? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Central Pennsylvania members?

This is a discussion on Central Pennsylvania members? within the Wolverine Ride Events & Get Togethers forums, part of the General Discussions category; From what I understand this area is the major holdup on the trail,...there are some areas where the trail will be moved a little farther ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Central Pennsylvania members?

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    From what I understand this area is the major holdup on the trail,...there are some areas where the trail will be moved a little farther from a camp or two...but minor issues.... most of the trail will follow old logging roads etc.. to minimize impact. I believe the biggest part of time construction wise will be stream crossings and getting around the wetland areas. but this is just what I'm hearing.
    2017 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec SE

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Follow the NCPA INITIATIVE :: Central Mountains ATV Association.... group for updates on connecting trails and roads in the central/north central Pa region. This (in full disclosure I belong to this group) group has made huge inroads in opening roads and trails in Pa. There is only a few short gaps to get open that will let you ride from Whiskey Springs to the Potato City Inn just east of Coudersport

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Actually, I have the membership application for CMATVA printed out waiting to fill out. :-)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootac814 View Post
    From what I understand this area is the major holdup on the trail,...there are some areas where the trail will be moved a little farther from a camp or two...but minor issues.... most of the trail will follow old logging roads etc.. to minimize impact. I believe the biggest part of time construction wise will be stream crossings and getting around the wetland areas. but this is just what I'm hearing.
    Those stream crossings are the time killer... More for permitting than construction. That's what took forever for the SSRT connector trail to get completed

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Everything is still in the planning stage, DCNR is to release the study findings in April from what I heard. We will know more than.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    381 times
    What I took away from the meeting at Lock Haven was that the trail was mapped out. They will use some existing trail and forest road, but will still need to make some trails. Water crossings were kept to a minimum and they tried to include scenic views
    '07 Grizzly 660
    '09 Grizzly 550 w/EPS
    '16 Wolverine R-Spec w/EPS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links