What was your OTD price?
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

What was your OTD price?

This is a discussion on What was your OTD price? within the Wolverine Purchasing forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; When I was doing my dealer research, I was trying to compare prices. Almost all the dealers wouldn't give prices over the phone, and if ...

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: What was your OTD price?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

What was your OTD price?

When I was doing my dealer research, I was trying to compare prices. Almost all the dealers wouldn't give prices over the phone, and if they did, it was the full MSR retail price. Finally, I came across a craigslist add where a dealer was advertising a Blue 16' R-Spec EPS for under $12,500. I called the advertising dealer and the salesman said I could get the camo for $500 more. That was the best deal I could find, so I got all his info. I wanted camo because I didn't want to worry about scratches or branch rub marks showing. I do a fair amount of hunting and riding in the woods. I guess it is a Yamaha policy not to advertise the prices on a current year model. My purpose of this tread is to give the buyers some bargaining power, and get an idea if you got a fair price on a new machine. I brought in the craigslist advertisement, and basically told my local dealer that this is the unit I wanted. If you want me to make my purchase locally, I would like you to match this other dealer's price. I have no problem driving a few hundred miles to save over a grand. When it was all said and done, I paid $13,000 for the Realtree Camo R-Spec Eps, $942.56 (7.25%) sales tax, and $110 for vehicle registration. So my total OTD price was $14052.56
    I also received 15% off all the accessories. I was trying to find the promo that others mentioned about getting a 3yr extended warranty with the purchase of accessories. I think that promo has ended, or it must have been a dealership incentive.

They tried to get me to pay extra for setup and freight, but I stuck to the other dealers OTD price. If you want to see what the wolverine looks like when Yamaha delivers them off the semi:

The dealer assembles the roll cage and sunshade, that's it! They also do a final inspection before passing it to the purchaser. Happy Trails everyone, this is a pic of the new ride.

The trailer is a Triton AUT 1272 model with the upgraded aluminum wheels, gravel/rock guard, and rear bi-fold gate. It's 72 inches wide and fits this machine perfectly.
    Last edited by MNDruggist; 09-20-2015 at 05:14 PM.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    432 times
    nice setup my trailer is steel with with folding ramp.Name:  IMG_20150705_075447.jpg
Views: 5294
Size:  1.70 MB

Turbo
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    215 times
    In BC canada i was $16,500 out the door after tax and fees. '16 Hunter Green R-Spec Eps. And for you U.S guys that is $12,500 usd out the door
    Last edited by TRev; 09-21-2015 at 10:39 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    432 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TRev View Post
    In BC canada i was $16,500 out the door after tax and fees. '16 Hunter Green R-Spec Eps. And for you U.S guys that is $12,500 usd out the door
    do you live in bc?

Turbo
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    215 times
    I do live in BC, on Vancouver Island
    Last edited by TRev; 09-22-2015 at 10:48 AM.

Pavement Princess
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MNDruggist View Post
    When I was doing my dealer research, I was trying to compare prices. Almost all the dealers wouldn't give prices over the phone, and if they did, it was the full MSR retail price. Finally, I came across a craigslist add where a dealer was advertising a Blue 16' R-Spec EPS for under $12,500. I called the advertising dealer and the salesman said I could get the camo for $500 more. That was the best deal I could find, so I got all his info. I wanted camo because I didn't want to worry about scratches or branch rub marks showing. I do a fair amount of hunting and riding in the woods. I guess it is a Yamaha policy not to advertise the prices on a current year model. My purpose of this tread is to give the buyers some bargaining power, and get an idea if you got a fair price on a new machine. I brought in the craigslist advertisement, and basically told my local dealer that this is the unit I wanted. If you want me to make my purchase locally, I would like you to match this other dealer's price. I have no problem driving a few hundred miles to save over a grand. When it was all said and done, I paid $13,000 for the Realtree Camo R-Spec Eps, $942.56 (7.25%) sales tax, and $110 for vehicle registration. So my total OTD price was $14052.56
    I also received 15% off all the accessories. I was trying to find the promo that others mentioned about getting a 3yr extended warranty with the purchase of accessories. I think that promo has ended, or it must have been a dealership incentive.

They tried to get me to pay extra for setup and freight, but I stuck to the other dealers OTD price. If you want to see what the wolverine looks like when Yamaha delivers them off the semi:

The dealer assembles the roll cage and sunshade, that's it! They also do a final inspection before passing it to the purchaser. Happy Trails everyone, this is a pic of the new ride.

The trailer is a Triton AUT 1272 model with the upgraded aluminum wheels, gravel/rock guard, and rear bi-fold gate. It's 72 inches wide and fits this machine perfectly.
    How much for trailer?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    422 times
    Triton's are really really nice and light weight trailers. Although, they are kind of pricey. I was looking at a 24' Triton enclosed and a few options was around 18k. ouchy Well, I chose to get a 1000lb heavier trailer for 10k less. But if you need lightweight those are some of the best.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    432 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TRev View Post
    I do live in BC, on Vancouver Island
    I live in northwest bc highway 37 north.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMA BANSHEE View Post
    How much for trailer?
    The trailer was a 2015 and I paid $2600 with the upgrades. Triton raised the price on the 2016 trailers so it might be another $100-$200 now.

Hog Chaser
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Found a Wolverine r-spec in Alabama for 11,389 no fees. Just have to pay sales tax when I get it back to my home state, probably around $1000 additional I'm guessing, so it would be 12,399 OTD give or take plus 640mi round trip to pick it up. No other dealer I've found close is much less than 13,800 OTD.

How can this one dealer be 1000 cheaper than everyone else? I specifically asked - if I show up with a check/cash for $11,389, are there any additional fees, and he said no, I'd be able to load up and be on my way.

Thoughts? Think he may be holding something back?

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links