2017 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec vs. Polaris General Deluxe + Video
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on 2017 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec vs. Polaris General Deluxe + Video within the News forums, part of the Site News category; The 2017 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec and Polaris General Deluxe may both be Sport-Utility UTVs, but they are vastly different machines and shine in different areas. ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By VS_Goose
  • 2 Post By gotsmoke?
  • 2 Post By mlaz81

Thread: 2017 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec vs. Polaris General Deluxe + Video

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times

The 2017 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec and Polaris General Deluxe may both be Sport-Utility UTVs, but they are vastly different machines and shine in different areas. But that didn’t stop us from seeing how they stack up against each other.

Mama always said to not let your eyes overload your mouth at dinner, but I think in this case it may be the wallet that some overload. One of the toughest things to do for me is to shop. Whether its tools or off-road rides, I hate trying to decide on one specific item especially when there is so many involved that I would love to have one of each. I am sure there are many UTV owners out there that may have felt the same way when they first went in search of the big UTV purchase and maybe now have a little buyer’s remorse because what looked like a sugar-coated dream machine might not fit their more realistic riding situation. It happens way too often and with the 2017 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec and Polaris General Deluxe, we found out that after several days of riding these two machines together in the same terrain, both have their place and their own individual personality.

Check it out here: 2017 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec vs. Polaris General Deluxe + Video - ATV.com

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Good review, a buddy of mine has the General but since we both got our machines in the fall we didn’t get a chance to ride together yet. I have ridden with a rzr turbo and maverick xc and a ranger crew and in the trails you couldn’t tell they were in any better machines. Dirt roads are another story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 camo
    TGM doors soon
    Yamaha folder
    AMS M1 Evil tires
    Free with purchase winch

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    I read that review and admit I was surprised at the final outcome. I looked very hard at the General. But I just couldn't own another Polaris (3). Too much to list here,(most has already been said anyway)...but the Wolverine just works well in the majority of the riding styles/terrains period.
    MNDirtRider and Atcdan13 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    The General is a bad ass machine, just like most of Polaris' line of machines the engineering is incredible. They really push the industry forward with the tech on their stuff. Only problem being all of that comes at a cost and where they save money is by using cheap parts along with sub par build quality. I have wanted a rzr bad for sometime now, but I've never been able to bring myself to do it. I'll stick with Yamaha and all the shortcomings just to know I won't be getting towed in miles into an expensive Hatfield McCoy ride.
    atkbike and MNDirtRider like this.

Hog Chaser
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mlaz81 View Post
    The General is a bad ass machine, just like most of Polaris' line of machines the engineering is incredible. They really push the industry forward with the tech on their stuff. Only problem being all of that comes at a cost and where they save money is by using cheap parts along with sub par build quality. I have wanted a rzr bad for sometime now, but I've never been able to bring myself to do it. I'll stick with Yamaha and all the shortcomings just to know I won't be getting towed in miles into an expensive Hatfield McCoy ride.
    Boy, you said a mouth full there!!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    300 times
    I ride with a General and unless he really puts his foot down we are pretty equal for our trails and overall style of riding.

Sparky
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    the general may very well be my next machine especially if they refine a few known issues and possible upgrade the build quality some from what Polaris has been known for the last few years. That being said at almost half the price of the general model I wanted the rspec I purchased does a very nice job for what I wanted in a machine.

Veteran
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    I agree. It will be real hard for me to go back to POPO after that POS rzr800 I had...
    Quote Originally Posted by Abell34 View Post
    the general may very well be my next machine especially if they refine a few known issues and possible upgrade the build quality some from what Polaris has been known for the last few years. That being said at almost half the price of the general model I wanted the rspec I purchased does a very nice job for what I wanted in a machine.

Sponsored Links