Pull Pal Type Winch Anchor
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on Pull Pal Type Winch Anchor within the Roll Cages and Safety Equipment forums, part of the General Discussions category; Does anyone know of a source for a reasonably priced ATV/SXS anchor point similar to a Pull Pal? Twice now I've found myself needing an ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By mvarner
  • 1 Post By jimclemjr
  • 3 Post By mvarner
  • 1 Post By Budro2
  • 5 Post By mvarner

Thread: Pull Pal Type Winch Anchor

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1609 times

Does anyone know of a source for a reasonably priced ATV/SXS anchor point similar to a Pull Pal? Twice now I've found myself needing an anchor point and could have really used a portable one.

Something like this but not so large and heavy.
    Name:  avalanche-crossing.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  92.8 KB
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Fortunately for you there is a place in Alaska that fabs up land anchors for UTVs. They sell them for $150-200. I am fairly certain that they are fabbed/sold at Northstar Motorsports in Wasilla so give them a call.
    MORSNO likes this.
    ————-
    ‘18 Yamaha Wolverine X4 - Blue
    28" ITP Blackwater Evolution
    OEM Windshield and Soft Back Cover
    Warn Provantage 3500 w/ Wireless Remote
    27" LED Front and 12" LED Rear Lightbars
    EMP Side Mirrors/ Rocky Mtn Tusk Rear View Mirror

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1609 times
    The shop is NorthStar Fabworks up in North Pole, AK. I finally heard back from them where they said they would let me know when the next batch is ready for sale. They look pretty well made, I just hope that the angle pulls it in to the ground pretty well.
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    552 times
    Those things are wicked! After you posted this I coincidentally saw these used the other night on a four wheeling race in Alaska, I would not even venture out into the muck you guys have without for sure having one lol. Looks like you could fab one fairly easily but after getting the materials it sometimes costs so much it is just not worth it.
    MORSNO likes this.
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Camo, , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS mudguards, Autometer Temp Gauge, Alba Racing Reflash, SATV A-arms & DIY stick guards, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/manual switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, 27" 9 & 11Maxxis Vipr,4000 Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harnesses, JBS/Eibach springs, SPAL fan, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    I am pretty sure they sell them in the Valley so if you haven’t poked around it might we worth a check. I saw a guy with a brand new one a month ago on Boulder Creek and he said he picked it up in the valley...I couldn’t recall where but confirmed with AKHUNTER that it was indeed a place in Valley and he thought it was NorthStar motorsports. Good luck and let us know if you do find one closer to home. They look pretty awesome. Thus far we have been using a couple homemade land anchors that seem to work well. AKHUNTER uses a long section of angle aluminum and a shackle. I use a section of chain placed in a V linked thru sections of rebar angled toward the machine. Both work really well and are cheap.
    MORSNO, Budro2 and blast like this.
    ————-

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    552 times
    can you please describe the a little more the chain/rebar idea -I do not exactly understand....
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Camo, , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS mudguards, Autometer Temp Gauge, Alba Racing Reflash, SATV A-arms & DIY stick guards, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/manual switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, 27" 9 & 11Maxxis Vipr,4000 Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harnesses, JBS/Eibach springs, SPAL fan, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    464 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mvarner View Post
    I am pretty sure they sell them in the Valley so if you haven’t poked around it might we worth a check. I saw a guy with a brand new one a month ago on Boulder Creek and he said he picked it up in the valley...I couldn’t recall where but confirmed with AKHUNTER that it was indeed a place in Valley and he thought it was NorthStar motorsports. Good luck and let us know if you do find one closer to home. They look pretty awesome. Thus far we have been using a couple homemade land anchors that seem to work well. AKHUNTER uses a long section of angle aluminum and a shackle. I use a section of chain placed in a V linked thru sections of rebar angled toward the machine. Both work really well and are cheap.
    Pics please?!?! I’m a visual person, I’d like to fab something up!
    UPNORTH likes this.
    2016 R SPEC SE
    EMP front and rear bumpers
    Viper Elite 4000 winch
    Super ATV flip up windshield
    Sway bar delete
    Tusk visor
    Fabricated quick detach headache rack w/ optional storage rack
    Hunterworks sheeve, 16gr weights, green spring, slippery washers,modified CVT cover, 1mm shim, slug kit, exhaust tip w/ stock baffle mod, pcv, ais block off plate
    28x10x14 Blackwater Evos 14x7 STI HD3 black gloss wheels,
    1” rear spacers
    Trucker mud flap mod
    2" Gorilla lift
    Seizmik strike mirrors

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    can you please describe the a little more the chain/rebar idea -I do not exactly understand....
    This is my solution to needing a self recovery system in Alaska’s tundra country. I have only used it once but I had my X4 sunk in a very deep creek and the machine was pointed up at the sky. I actually had to open my doors upward to get out. I was in the middle of an open grass/tundra meadow so no winching options and was in BFE so self recovery was a must. This setup requires an axe or hammer which I have mounted behind my seat. It also requires several 2’ lengths of rebar and a 3-4’ piece of chain. I store the rebar in a small section of black pvc pipe behind the passenger seat for easy access. The chain stays in a rolldown bag in the dash.

The rebar must fit thru the links of the chain. The key to success is finding semi intact ground (vegetated not muck) and driving the first rebar thru the middle link of the chain at a steep angle (45 degree) toward the machine. Then stretch the chain away from the rig forming a V on the ground. Drive the remaining rebar thru the links of the chain, keeping the chain as tight as possible from the point of the V and continuing to angle the rebar at 45s toward the machine. Once you have everything drove in, just hook your winch to the base of the rebar at the point of the V. As you pull the winch in, the chain and rebar work together and it actually pulls the chain downward into the ground. The pics should show my setup, except I didn’t sink the rebar in my yard. Hopefully you get the idea. It’s surprisingly effective especially if you carry an extra 50’ feet of synthetic winch cable, which generally can get you to solid ground to anchor to.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    ————-

Veteran
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    293 times
    A small Danforth anchor work great too.
    The mountains are calling and I must go. 2016 RSpec Spec Ed
    Gorilla winch, Seizmic mirrors, EMP rear shield, Rugged Radio with intercom, 20" light bar, horn plays Dixie, 2"Perfex lift, Kenda Bearclaws ,Trail Tech temp gauge, Yama rear box and bumper, Throttle Max, tow rope to pull Polaris and Canams. TGM doors and door bags, Power Commander V. TCP "Mudder"radiator,Hunterworks high output fan, Superatv split windshield, extra wide homemade flex fenders.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1609 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc T View Post
    A small Danforth anchor work great too.
    I've got one, but getting it to dig in and not just pull out is the issue. The flukes need to articulate more. That is where the original Pull Pal excels, the angle on top forces the fluke into the ground the harder you pull, it's really slick, but very costly.

Sponsored Links