New cab
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

New cab

This is a discussion on New cab within the Yamaha Wolverine Builds forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Well I thought of buying a new UTV, and looked at quite a few including the X2.I really liked the build quality on the Article ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New cab

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

New cab

Well I thought of buying a new UTV, and looked at quite a few including the X2.I really liked the build quality on the Article cat Stampede, because of all the storage and power. Then I cam across hardcabs for sale at trader hanks and side by side stuff for $1775.00 and free shipping. This are the exact same cabs sold by Yamaha for $4600.00.

I understand that hard cabs are discontinuing cabs for the 2016 to 2018 wolverine thus the sale price. I got the cab Tuesday and finally got it unpacked yesterday.I am in no hurry to get it together so I will take my time. I am an old fart so I am not good with pics, but if you want to see one there is plenty of good pics at DFK or hardcabs.com.
    Paul65 likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    384 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Possum View Post
    Well I thought of buying a new UTV, and looked at quite a few including the X2.I really liked the build quality on the Article cat Stampede, because of all the storage and power. Then I cam across hardcabs for sale at trader hanks and side by side stuff for $1775.00 and free shipping. This are the exact same cabs sold by Yamaha for $4600.00.

I understand that hard cabs are discontinuing cabs for the 2016 to 2018 wolverine thus the sale price. I got the cab Tuesday and finally got it unpacked yesterday.I am in no hurry to get it together so I will take my time. I am an old fart so I am not good with pics, but if you want to see one there is plenty of good pics at DFK or hardcabs.com.
    Yes I saw that sale, very tempting....I take it you already have a Gen 1 Wolverine? I really like that the glass windshield is full flip up on that cab. Good pics below...

https://www.sidebysidestuff.com/full...wolverine.html
    Last edited by Jimbo; 02-07-2020 at 06:35 PM.
    Paul65 likes this.
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Alpine white

Super ATV full flip windshield~Yamaha soft doors & Rear window~KFI 3000# winch & mount~Overhead gun rack~Tablet GPS
    Apeman video cam~Rear bench seat and integrated storage box~Monster Nomad blue tooth speaker~Perfex 2" lift
    Yamaha padding kit~Accessory bar~Overfenders~Sedona Ripsaw R/T 28x10R14 tires on Storm beadlock wheels ~Chupacabra side mirrors~AIS block off~X4 SE red, black, grey seats~X4 SE steering wheel~Traveller LED's

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Yes I have a 2016 wolverine. I got the hard cab from trader hanks,they were 1 cent cheaper but they did not charge sales tax which saved me close to $200. They told me they had 1 left after I bought mine. I started putting it on and have ran into a couple of glitches but so far I have gotten past them. The instruction really have a lot to be desired.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I bought one from side by side stuff. came in today I can't wait to put it on.

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    About 90% installed. Everything’s on just the door locks need installed and go back and adjust everything ,tighten it all down and it’s good to go hopefully. This year hunting in Colorado and Pennsylvania should be a little more pleasant. Along with the trips to the barn and routes maintenance on my property.

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ohionick View Post

The main problems I had were the bolt that holds the seat belt on also is used to support a brace for the cab.was to short I think it was a metric M12 1.25.I bought 2 replacements at the hardware store and was good to go.I like to leave as many things snug but not tight until

I am done for adjustment. Once the rear window was in place there is no way to hold a nit tight on a regular bolt. The biggest problem was getting the rear window between the bed and the roll frame. I pondered removing the bed but right or wrong I removed the 4 bolts that hold the x brace and pulled it toward the front with a small ratchet strap.The window went right in and the bolts went back in okay.
    ohionick likes this.

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ohionick View Post
    I see they want to charge extra for home delivery and a liftgate. Did you mess around with any of that?

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    No, I asked them if I could pick it up at the trucking terminal. That was about a 30 mile drive from me there was no charge for that.

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Just thought I would add this. The cab came together and really looks and fits nice except for the drivers side door. I found 3 flaws in the plastic and the door seems to be bent and will not seal. So I filed a warranty claim to hard cabs. I did this yesterday and before the day was over hard cabs stepped up and approved my claim. I do not know how long it will take to get the new door but I was impressed on how they managed this claim.

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I got mine on this weekend. back window was pain. took about 3 hours to get roof to work, had to shim one side with rubber from original roof. I found that the roof front seal plate was welded at an angle. I haven't talked to dkf about it yet. looks good but a fair amount of air gaps. i also had to bend bottom door guide to get door lower enough to latch. if they don't want to fix roof problem I can live with it. I will be adding some more weather stripping. I will also do some measuring and move the plates in front of lower close to door and drill new holes to make a better seal.
    Possum likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links