Winshield build for Wolverine
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on Winshield build for Wolverine within the Yamaha Wolverine Builds forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; I'm interested in building my own solid front windshield (as opposed to folding) and I thought I saw a thread about building your own here ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By 11boo
  • 1 Post By Kapper
  • 4 Post By Alexander
  • 1 Post By Alexander

Thread: Winshield build for Wolverine

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #

I'm interested in building my own solid front windshield (as opposed to folding) and I thought I saw a thread about building your own here last year, but I can't find it. Anyone else seen it? Any ideas? TIA!

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Bump for input. I just spent a pile of $ on the new X2 and trailer and stuff. Found .220 Lexan for 100.00.

Looks pretty straightforward.

This guy did it with thin Lexan.
    https://www.hondapioneerforum.com/fo...indshield.html
    Sling likes this.
    2019 X2
    Fire extinguisher
    First aid kit

Sent from a secret campsite deep in elk county.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    I have a CNC machine, I cut my own out just like factory. You have to buy the windshield clamps off Super Atv. The lexan is the most Expensive part, but if you have some laying around, take a trip to Illinois, I'll cut one out for you! LOL!
    Sling likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    I just finished this glass windshield turned out good
    Attached Images Attached Images            
    Planetcat, MORSNO, atkbike and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    The frame is made out of 1 inche square tubing. Then I took a sheet of 18 gage steel and cut to size of frame and after I cut out the opening. I then welded the sheet to the frame. I bought A gallon of DTM paint and using a Wize- roller painted everything. Got a 1/4 laminated glass from glass shop and put everything together. The part of the frame that sits on the roll cage I used some closed cell foam In between the roll cage and windshield frame-this worked great. O and I forgot to mention about the rubber trim around the glass I got from Amazon-very good quality
    Jimbo likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    One last detail I forgot to say the bottom and top of windshield I used some puck board it's strong and light and the rubber trim that you see I pulled of some car at Pick-And-pull

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1696 times
    Looks nice Alexander!
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Billy Goat
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    Very nice!
    2019 X2 R-spec SE, Black, Full cab, heater, wiper, tracks, Warn 4500 wireless winch,synthetic. Sendona wheels, 5/2, Sedona rip saws 27x11xR14 , Moose plow, Furion RV back-up camera, Garmin GPS. All Glass.

Sponsored Links