X2 v Polaris General
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

X2 v Polaris General

This is a discussion on X2 v Polaris General within the Wolverine X2/X4 vs the Competition forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; I didn't see anything on here comparing these two machines so thought I'd throw this on here. Tagged as sport/rec vehicles, these two along with ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: X2 v Polaris General

Moon Shiner
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    132 times

X2 v Polaris General

I didn't see anything on here comparing these two machines so thought I'd throw this on here. Tagged as sport/rec vehicles, these two along with the Commander () and T2 pretty much make up the bulk of the 2 seater market. Having driven a General, it provides immense power- which sometimes is almost uncontrollable when you least want it to be. Couple this with a cvt that won't grab the belt until around 2k rpm, making it snappy and jerky is something you don't want on technical terrain (not to mention burning up belts). The article explains the differences better than I ever could but just giving you my first hand account when I drove a borrowed one for a week on a guys trip last year.

Wolverine for the win.

https://www.utvguide.net/yamaha-wolv...00-comparison/

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Paper Boy wolverinebuilttobattle19's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    2019 X2 Base Model
    KYB fronts
    JBS Sheave 17 gr weights
    Weller Flash
    3500# winch
    Upgrade Yamaha Front Brush Guard
    Home made rear bumper
    Bose Bluetoth Audio
    3 battery LED cab lights
    Factory Yam Cab,Windsheild, wiper, heater
    Sideshooter leds on A Pillar
    28-10-14s all the way around Terrabites
    Overfenders on all four
    Tie down spare tire carrier in bed
    66" KFI snow plow

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    258 times
    2019 WOLVERINE X2 R-SPEC SE / Tactical Black
    STI HD9 Matte Black Machined Beadlock Wheels
    GBC Kanati Terra Master 28x10-14
    Warn AXON 45RC Winch w/ Synthetic Spydura Rope
    Yamaha Rear Cargo Box
    Yamaha Polycarbonate Front Windshield
    Yamaha Rock Sliders
    SuperATV’s Half Windshield
    Rogue Powersports Powerscreen mesh windshield
    Side X Side Enclosures Full Soft Cab
    Seizmik Halo-R Rearview Mirror & Pursuit Side View Mirrors
    Throttle-MAXX pedal
    Weller Racing ECU Flash, Stock Exhaust

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Moon Shiner
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    132 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SKELLEY521 View Post
    I've seen this one but it's a showroom comparison. Doesnt really tell you much other than specs

SKELLEY521 likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    314 times
    You couldn't pay me to own a Polaris. I'm usually back in the mountains 40 miles or better sometimes from pavement and never run into another person. That's all I need is to be walking out when the Polaris breaks down. Because it will happen only a matter of when.. My 06 and 08 Rhino's never left me stranded once. Original belt with it when I sold it at 8500 miles. The Canned Ham Commander all things considering was a great machine. Didn't care for the belt engagement. However when I did the first service on it changed the belt out to the Maverick belt. It never let me down and sold it with 5500 miles with zero issues. I'll be keeping my Wolvy X2 for many years to come. It's bullet proof just like my past Rhino's. Just amazes me when people buy the Polaris rigs. Complete crap in my opinion. lol
    2019 Wolverine X2 Camo R-Spec
    1st Wolverine X2 ECU Tuned by Dynojet with Power Vision
    HW w/20's installed
    MSA M25 Wheels with EFX 8ply 27x10x14 Motoclaw
    SuperATV 1.5" Rear Wheel Spacer
    Super ATV Flip Windshield & Half Windshield
    Super ATV 72" Plow
    Pro Vantage 3500 Warn Winch
    Rear Cargo Box
    Adventure Pro Magellan
    50" XPRITE LED light bar
    Shoulder bolster deleted
    EMP side mirrors and rear view
    Jegs 28K BTU in Cab Heater
    Side by Side Enclosures full Cab
    Amsoil Synthetics Throughout

Moon Shiner
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    132 times
    Quote Originally Posted by InfidelMT View Post
    You couldn't pay me to own a Polaris. I'm usually back in the mountains 40 miles or better sometimes from pavement and never run into another person. That's all I need is to be walking out when the Polaris breaks down. Because it will happen only a matter of when.. My 06 and 08 Rhino's never left me stranded once. Original belt with it when I sold it at 8500 miles. The Canned Ham Commander all things considering was a great machine. Didn't care for the belt engagement. However when I did the first service on it changed the belt out to the Maverick belt. It never let me down and sold it with 5500 miles with zero issues. I'll be keeping my Wolvy X2 for many years to come. It's bullet proof just like my past Rhino's. Just amazes me when people buy the Polaris rigs. Complete crap in my opinion. lol
    Agree, I owned one Polaris and that was enough for me..the first year if its life it spent more time in the shop than in the woods. Complete POC. Dumped that thing and got a Viking.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    I've never gave it a passing thought of ever owning anything Polaris! I've pulled many Popo's out of the mud as well as towed a few after they break down yet I know people who will plunk down $20,000 on a new one versus spending $15,000 on a Yamaha all because the "Name" , yes in my opinion Polaris has flooded the market including manipulation through commercials. It's like the "Cool" name to own, sorry I'll stick to my Yamaha's !

Moon Shiner
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    132 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog_037 View Post
    I've never gave it a passing thought of ever owning anything Polaris! I've pulled many Popo's out of the mud as well as towed a few after they break down yet I know people who will plunk down $20,000 on a new one versus spending $15,000 on a Yamaha all because the "Name" , yes in my opinion Polaris has flooded the market including manipulation through commercials. It's like the "Cool" name to own, sorry I'll stick to my Yamaha's !
    Marketing definitely has a lot to do with it. One need only check out their forum to get the skinny on all the issues they have. Everyone chases HP with no consideration to the components that have to support that HP. Dont get me wrong, they have a few nice looking machines but the reliability under the hood ain't there.

19 X2 SE. lots of other stuff

LJ3
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    I have sat in a Genral a couple of times and I have to say it was extremly comfortable. I would like to see Yamaha biuld something very close to the Genral XP, but a Yamaha with all the dependabilty that goes with the Yamaha name! I havent driven one but I can only imagine how crapy the clutch engaugement is trying to crawl through rough terrain!
    2016 Wolverine R spec SE
    Hunterworks sheave 16 gram weights green spring
    Dynojet Power Commander V
    AIS block off plate
    HMF Titan QS
    Superwinch Terra 45 synthetic rope
    OEM Folding Windshield
    EMP Rear window
    EMP Winch mount
    Yamaha cargo box
    28"x10"x14" Maxxis Carnivores
    MSA R-Forged F2 wheels
    Super ATV 1" wheel spacers in rear
    YXZ SE seats
    Perfex 2" lift

Moon Shiner
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    132 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    I have sat in a Genral a couple of times and I have to say it was extremly comfortable. I would like to see Yamaha biuld something very close to the Genral XP, but a Yamaha with all the dependabilty that goes with the Yamaha name! I havent driven one but I can only imagine how crapy the clutch engaugement is trying to crawl through rough terrain!
    Itll hurt your neck. I will say it was very comfy from what I recall. Cruising the trail was kinda fun but the moment you stopped you went through the jerky takeoff again. We did a black trail on the outlaw trail system and holy jesus that thing sucked. Too much power and the belt engagement was horrible. The new XP is supposed to right a few of the 1000' wrongs BUT- 1. It's still a polaris 2. Its $23k MSRP!

19 X2 SE. lots of other stuff
    Mad Dog_037 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links