NEW!! Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on NEW!! Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000 within the Wolverine X2/X4 vs the Competition forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; I just saw this bad boy today... I really like the look of it, (I'm a sucker for kawi green!) seems to have a lot ...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: NEW!! Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    384 times

Name:  w6oj3g1vja_20krf1000a_255gn1dlf3cg_a.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  251.6 KB

I just saw this bad boy today... I really like the look of it, (I'm a sucker for kawi green!) seems to have a lot of nice features.

Wonder how it'll stand up to the Talon and YXZ!?

https://www.atv.com/manufacturer/kaw...-1000-unveiled
    Last edited by erik; 10-08-2019 at 08:14 AM.
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec Blue
    2008 B-King
    1997 KLR650

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    447 times
    By the numbers it should out perform them both and the RZR Xp 1000 in every way except a drag race. This is the 1st side by side designed that hasn’t disappointed me right out of the gate. It’s also got the most sex appeal. Just a little big for tight trails! They covered a lot of things others were lacking and kept the best of things that work well. It also has a huge line of accessories ready to go! Hopefully it will be as reliable as expected!
    erik, Jraoffroad, noload and 1 others like this.
    2016 R SPEC SE
    EMP front and rear bumpers
    Viper Elite 4000 winch
    Super ATV flip up windshield
    Sway bar delete
    Tusk visor
    Fabricated quick detach headache rack w/ optional storage rack
    Hunterworks sheeve, 16gr weights, green spring, slippery washers,modified CVT cover, 1mm shim, slug kit, exhaust tip w/ stock baffle mod, pcv, ais block off plate
    28x10x14 CST Clinchers, 14x7 STI HD3 black gloss wheels, 1” rear spacers
    Trucker mud flap mod
    2" Gorilla lift
    Seizmik strike mirrors

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    384 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Budro2 View Post
    By the numbers it should out perform them both and the RZR Xp 1000 in every way except a drag race. This is the 1st side by side designed that hasn’t disappointed me right out of the gate. It’s also got the most sex appeal. Just a little big for tight trails! They covered a lot of things others were lacking and kept the best of things that work well. It also has a huge line of accessories ready to go! Hopefully it will be as reliable as expected!
    I know! my thoughts exactly, love that it still have the centrifugal clutch too!

Looking at the dash, it has built in CVT belt temp, that's the first I've ever seen on a stock side-by-side; snorkels from stock aren't too shabby either.

It's like Kawasaki actually listened to all the things people want and then added them!! really wondering how they hold up for reliability, but I put Kawasaki up there with Yamaha, my KLR650 has never failed me!
    Budro2, noload and wolvymanx4 like this.
    2008 B-King
    1997 KLR650

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator MassiveOverkill's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1448 times
    It's nice to see Kawasaki stepping up its game but this is no YXZ 1000 killer, far from it!

It has cast pistons and a wet sump oil system vs the YXZ 1000's dry sump and forged internals. Yamaha's rear radiator and air intake are industry-leading.

Topping out at 68 MPH at 9K+ RPM and it takes awhile to get there

It has more suspension travel than the YXZ, but it's also 68" wide vs the YXZ at 64"

It's 400 lbs heavier than the YXZ 1000 and its wet clutch system will rob probably 10% of it's rumored ~112 HP

It's 7" longer with a wheelbase of almost 9" longer, combined with a 4" wider track, I'm betting it's going to be less nimble than the YXZ 1000 in the tight technical stuff despite having about the same turning radius.

So it looks like a dune racer without the power to unseat the competition and we'll have to see how it does in the technical stuff.

I do like the instrument cluster and built-in CVT temp gauge.

No more 3 year warranty: 6 months now.

Great news for Kawasaki zealots loyal to the Teryx model\branding but at ~$20K, I think there are better options.
    Last edited by MassiveOverkill; 10-08-2019 at 08:22 AM.
    erik, Jimbo, wolvymanx4 and 1 others like this.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    First Wolverine X4 to break the 60 MPH barrier
    Over 8000 miles and 500 hours
    Hunterworks prototype sheave with easy cleanout port, 22 gram HV weights
    Weller Racing ECU flash
    HMF Titan Series Quiet slip-on Exhaust
    Walker Evans shocks
    Swiss-cheesed airbox lid
    NGK Laser Iridium spark plugs
    Tinkseal additives
    STI HD beadlocks wearing Tusk Terrabite 27x9x12 tires
    OEM windshield, soft cab, and roof
    OEM skid plates
    OEM rock sliders
    OEM A-arm guards
    OEM cargo box
    Check out the Yamaha X2/X4 FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WolverineX2X4/

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    384 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post

Topping out at 68 MPH at 9K+ RPM and it takes awhile to get there
    68 would be fast enough for me, he said in the video "it gets there pretty quick" but I suppose that's all relative.
    2008 B-King
    1997 KLR650

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1448 times
    Quote Originally Posted by erik View Post
    68 would be fast enough for me, he said in the video "it gets there pretty quick" but I suppose that's all relative.
    68 is fast enough for me as well but I'm not a duner. Now, not being a duner take my opinion with a grain of salt in getting into the mind\wants of a duner. Duners like\need to go fast. Wheel speed is important to that goal in sand. It's not just about overall speed but not having enough momentum\wheel speed to stay on top of the sand and not get stuck\bogged-out.

If you're spending $20K on a sport SxS, what's your goal? Why did you buy a sport SxS over a recreational SxS? Why are many buying the upgraded turbo models?
    erik likes this.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    Weller Racing ECU flash
    Walker Evans shocks
    Swiss-cheesed airbox lid
    Tinkseal additives
    OEM skid plates
    OEM rock sliders
    OEM A-arm guards
    OEM cargo box
    Check out the Yamaha X2/X4 FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WolverineX2X4/

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    447 times
    I think it’s a good entry machine for them in the sport side of things. I suspect they’ll build on it for the duners in HP numbers going ahead. I think it’s going to be a star in Moab. The extra wheel base should do nothing but help it and 33s will fit under it with no modifications. Sounds like they did a good job regarding air intake for engine and CVT. It’s a capable machine to go do about anything and it’s got leg room, storage hauling capacity along with nice rack options to haul some stuff with you. Very well rounded for the average person looking to do various things and not have to mod the hell out of it. I’d like to see them come out with something similar in a 64” by 90 version going ahead!
    2016 R SPEC SE
    Viper Elite 4000 winch
    Sway bar delete
    Tusk visor
    Hunterworks sheeve, 16gr weights, green spring, slippery washers,modified CVT cover, 1mm shim, slug kit, exhaust tip w/ stock baffle mod, pcv, ais block off plate
    Trucker mud flap mod
    2" Gorilla lift
    Seizmik strike mirrors

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1448 times
    At least they're getting into the game, which is good for everyone from appeasing the Kawasaki fans as well as keep the other manufacturers from resting on their laurels.
    Budro2 and blast like this.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    Weller Racing ECU flash
    Walker Evans shocks
    Swiss-cheesed airbox lid
    Tinkseal additives
    OEM skid plates
    OEM rock sliders
    OEM A-arm guards
    OEM cargo box

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I've been lurking on the Teryx Forums since yesterday. Several ofthose guys are crapping on it. Calling it nothing special & underwhelming. To each his own but i like it & so does my Teryx buddy. He just about had his wife talked into a Talon X & now he's not so sure. As far as hp, he sent me pics of a factory turbo option already in the works. Probably do like Honda & offer it after the initial release. 68" wide though. I know Rzr & Wildcat guys that are that wide get through the trees but 64 is better around here imo.
    erik and Budro2 like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    447 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
    68 is fast enough for me as well but I'm not a duner. Now, not being a duner take my opinion with a grain of salt in getting into the mind\wants of a duner. Duners like\need to go fast. Wheel speed is important to that goal in sand. It's not just about overall speed but not having enough momentum\wheel speed to stay on top of the sand and not get stuck\bogged-out.

If you're spending $20K on a sport SxS, what's your goal? Why did you buy a sport SxS over a recreational SxS? Why are many buying the upgraded turbo models?
    I think there is a large crowd of people such as myself that don’t care about 195 hp turbo model. We have no desire to be fastest or only be set up for the dunes. We also want suspension travel ground clearance and enough HP to turn at least 30” tires in mud snow and sand. We don’t want to mod it to put larger tires on either. We also want to carry more than just a 24” cooler! Sport recreation vehicles out there all fall short for my needs in someway except the can am sport x rc so far. It’s the most rounded in all ways for my specific needs. Pure sport machines have not been what I need either. Finally things are shifting some to the middle where you buy something that can do all the things you want without serious modding and customizing! I’m excited to see the industry starting to listen to what the average consumer wants! IMO
    erik, Scurvy, noload and 4 others like this.
    2016 R SPEC SE
    Viper Elite 4000 winch
    Sway bar delete
    Tusk visor
    Trucker mud flap mod
    2" Gorilla lift
    Seizmik strike mirrors

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links