Buy a new 19 x2 for $500 more than a new 20? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Buy a new 19 x2 for $500 more than a new 20?

This is a discussion on Buy a new 19 x2 for $500 more than a new 20? within the Wolverine X2/X4 Purchasing forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; I'd go with a 2019 or wait for a 2021....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Buy a new 19 x2 for $500 more than a new 20?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    683 times
    I'd go with a 2019 or wait for a 2021.
    SKELLEY521 likes this.
    2019 Wolverine X2 Camo R-Spec
    1st Wolverine X2 ECU Tuned by Dynojet with PV3 and HMF QS
    HW w/20's with blow out port
    MSA M25 Wheels w/ EFX 8ply 27x10x14 Motoclaw with SATV 1.5" Rear Wheel Spacer
    SATV Flip Windshield & Half
    SATV 72" Plow
    Pro Vantage 3500 Warn
    Rear Cargo Box
    Adventure Pro Magellan
    50" XPRITE LED light bar
    Noam NUTV5-S
    WeBoost 4G-X OTR
    Shoulder bolster deleted
    EMP side mirrors
    28K BTU in Cab Heater
    SxS Enclosures full Cab
    NGK Iridium Plugs
    Amsoil Synthetics

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    553 times
    Quote Originally Posted by InfidelMT View Post
    I'd go with a 2019 or wait for a 2021.
    So you would go with an older model for 500 dollars more?
    Seems odd because it costs more and the 2020 has frame strengthening enhancements.
    Jraoffroad likes this.
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec SE
    2019 Wolverine X4

2017 Super Atv - Front Window
    2017 Kolpin - Rear Window
    2017 Kolpin - Side Mirrors
    2017 Ryco - Utah Street Legal Kit
    2017 Yamaha - LED taillights with Reverse
    2017 Hunterworks - AIS Block Off Plate
    2017 NGK - Laser Iridium spark plug
    2019 Yamaha - Windshield
    2019 Yamaha - Rear View Mirror
    2019 Yamaha - Roof
    2019 Emp - Side Mirrors
    2019 SuperAtv - Rear Window.
    2019 Ryco - Utah Street Legal Kit
    2019 NGK - Laser Iridium spark plugs

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    683 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kdt1970 View Post
    So you would go with an older model for 500 dollars more?
    Seems odd because it costs more and the 2020 has frame strengthening enhancements.
    More issues with 2020's.. Dropped valves, snapping axles.. That was my only thought. 2019's have been bullet proof with no issues. If he feels lucky then roll the dice on a 20.
    SKELLEY521 likes this.
    2019 Wolverine X2 Camo R-Spec
    1st Wolverine X2 ECU Tuned by Dynojet with PV3 and HMF QS
    HW w/20's with blow out port
    MSA M25 Wheels w/ EFX 8ply 27x10x14 Motoclaw with SATV 1.5" Rear Wheel Spacer
    SATV Flip Windshield & Half
    SATV 72" Plow
    Pro Vantage 3500 Warn
    Rear Cargo Box
    Adventure Pro Magellan
    50" XPRITE LED light bar
    Noam NUTV5-S
    WeBoost 4G-X OTR
    Shoulder bolster deleted
    EMP side mirrors
    28K BTU in Cab Heater
    SxS Enclosures full Cab
    NGK Iridium Plugs
    Amsoil Synthetics

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Hog Chaser
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    I'km one of the "lucky few" who got burned by the dropped valve. Cost to me was I didn't have the machine for 3 weeks, that caused me some issues, but i did end up with a brand new engine, plus 18 months of YES, and 300 bucks of yamaha credit, so there was an upside.

When I started looking , I was after a 2019. but then I figured out the shock mount strengthening, plus - the 2020 had a 1500 dollar rebate - that's why its cheaper. The dealer applies the rebate to the cost, and he actually makes more money selling you the 2020 than the 2019. If I had to do it all over again, Id still go with the 20. better resale value, and the improvements make it a better purchase in my opinion. But to each his own .
    2020 X2 - R Spec
    Bone stock for now

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    795 times
    I met TN_Max last Friday for a 136 mile ride in WV (according to the GPS tablet, the track I recorded). He's in a '20 X2 XTR. I took one look at his rear tires and could see the changes to the rear A-Arms. I measured his inner fender to the edge of the rim and compared it to my '19 X2. It was much better clearance - 1.75" I seem to remember. Anyway that alone would make me choose the 2020 model.

And I did confirm the 2020 XTR tires are 27" RADIAL Dirt Commanders, in 8-ply.
    2019 X2 R-Spec new 8/9/2019
    OEM winch, windshield, soft cab, rock sliders, rear flares. Custom front bumper, Richochet A-Arm guards, Front & Rear LED pod lights. Paul65’s thread, Backup Camera, Tablet for GPS Navigation, Parking Brake. Seizmik Vents & mirrors, SuperATV half windshield and full rear, NOAM NUTV-5S sound system, Sway bars deleted. 27” Kenda Bear Claw HTR’s, Hunterworks w/ 20-g, 2" cage chop, LED tape lights under the custom roof. Weller tie rods. Perfex 2" lift.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    And I did confirm the 2020 XTR tires are 27" RADIAL Dirt Commanders, in 8-ply.[/QUOTE]
    That brings up an interesting question. I just blew a RF dirt commander and ordered new. The Yamaha site says they are 8 ply radials. the tire I bought and the GBC website says they are bias. do they make a radial version just for Yamaha?? They look the same. I'm confused by this. Clarification would be greatly appreciated.
    Harry
    2020 Wolverine X2 XT-R
    Front and Rear anti-sway bars deleted
    OEM center mount mirror
    OEM cargo box
    OEM front A frame guards/skid plates
    OEM spare tire rack in bed
    Yamaha Adventure Pro
    EMP drivers door mounted side mirror
    WiFi back up/rearview camera monitored on either my iphone or the adventure pro.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    795 times
    Correct, I bet the only place you can get the tires that come on the XTR are through Yamaha dealer. I literally did not believe it when I was told they were radial as they are not for sale online in that configuration. On a street vehicle it is stated you should not mix radial and bias ply tires. Not sure if it matters on a SXS, but I bet you don't want to do that.
    2019 X2 R-Spec new 8/9/2019
    OEM winch, windshield, soft cab, rock sliders, rear flares. Custom front bumper, Richochet A-Arm guards, Front & Rear LED pod lights. Paul65’s thread, Backup Camera, Tablet for GPS Navigation, Parking Brake. Seizmik Vents & mirrors, SuperATV half windshield and full rear, NOAM NUTV-5S sound system, Sway bars deleted. 27” Kenda Bear Claw HTR’s, Hunterworks w/ 20-g, 2" cage chop, LED tape lights under the custom roof. Weller tie rods. Perfex 2" lift.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul65 View Post
    Correct, I bet the only place you can get the tires that come on the XTR are through Yamaha dealer. I literally did not believe it when I was told they were radial as they are not for sale online in that configuration. On a street vehicle it is stated you should not mix radial and bias ply tires. Not sure if it matters on a SXS, but I bet you don't want to do that.
    Too late now. I'll let you know if mixing them has any adverse effect. Makes no sense that they would build a tire that has the same name and is built differently just for Yamaha. I don't expect it to be a problem on a tire that is rolling on stilts (knobs) anyway. Thanks for the clarification!
    Harry
    2020 Wolverine X2 XT-R
    OEM center mount mirror
    OEM cargo box
    Yamaha Adventure Pro
    WiFi back up/rearview camera monitored on either my iphone or the adventure pro.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul65 View Post
    @Paul65, did you actually see the word radial on the tire? I have a call into GBC (their warehouse is next door to Yamaha in GA.) the representative told me the Dirt Commander is a bias ply, 8 ply tire. She is not aware of a custom Dirt Commander with radial construction that is built and sold exclusively to Yamaha. Although, she did stop short of stating this to be fact. She is doing some more research and calling me back.

Here is GBC's site. https://www.greenballtires.com/brand...dirt-commander There is a picture of the XTR with these tires on this page.
    Harry
    Last edited by PA_Wolverine_Rider; 08-03-2020 at 02:07 PM.
    2020 Wolverine X2 XT-R
    OEM center mount mirror
    OEM cargo box
    Yamaha Adventure Pro

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    I would go with the 2020 model, get it before it goes as UTV's are in short supply due to the Scandemic !
    The $500.00 difference, if no short supply of UTV's he would cut you the deal on the 2019, just my humble opinion!
    therebel19 likes this.
    " You just gotta keep livin’ man, L-I-V-I-N.”-Wooderson

2019 X2 Special Edition
    27" Tusk Terrabites
    OEM Folding Windshield
    OEM Soft Rear Window
    KFI 3500 Stealth Winch
    OEM Rear Cargo Box
    Throttle Maxx
    7" LED Light Bar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links