Great Buying Experience
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Great Buying Experience

This is a discussion on Great Buying Experience within the Wolverine X2/X4 Purchasing forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; Just had a very good experience at Owen Motorsports in Effingham. I found them on ATVs trader while searching for my new 2019 x2 r ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 9 Post By jcsjr
  • 3 Post By PapaSkeeta
  • 1 Post By Mad Dog_037

Thread: Great Buying Experience

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times

Great Buying Experience

Just had a very good experience at Owen Motorsports in Effingham. I found them on ATVs trader while searching for my new 2019 x2 r spec. They had the lowest advertised price so I emailed them for the best otd price. $13087 tax in so drove down from Michigan when I got there everyone was friendly and helpful. A tech went over the unit with me and all the paperwork was ready, signed a few times while the guys in back loaded it up and tied it down for me. Quick and easy

On the other side not so great experience with Platinum Powersports in Rockford MI. Platinum is much closer to me so I started there. They wouldn’t email a price (needed me to call) so I did. Price is this plus this plus this wound up over msrp. That’s when I started looking at other options. I told them I found a better price and asked if they would price match. They wanted to know the dealer and price breakdown I gave it to them even though I knew that wasn’t really fair to Owen. So they come down to within a $150 and tell me it’s going to cost me that much to drive to Effingham. They were right and I drove to Effingham just for principal.
    2019 x2 r spec

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    647 times
    I hate it when a dealer/sales person ask me on a high priced purchase, what I can buy it for from some place else. I immediately know they are lazy and not very good at their job, since they have not educated themselves as to what their competition is doing and all of this usually relates back to bad management. My first instinct is to say thank you and just immediately walk out because they, he, or she might as well have just said we don't play fair and therefore I know they probably won't treat me fair after the sale either. I have learned to take a deep breath and say back to them, how would you like it if I go to 3 other dealers and tell all of them what you are selling product such and such for and ask them if they will beat your price? If you want to be treated fairly shoot me your best price and we will see what we can work out.

I agree with you jcsjr, well done on the principal. I too do a lot of things just on principal.
    Last edited by PapaSkeeta; 01-26-2020 at 03:50 PM.
    Jimbo, Budro2 and atkbike like this.
    2016 R Spec EPS, Realtree, 29x9x14 & 29x11x14 Tusk Warthogs on ITP SS112
    Hunterworks Sheave, Greaseless 18 gr wts (did have 16 gr.), Purple Sec. Spring, Wet Clutch Slugs
    Painted Control/Gear Symbols, Bad Dog Side Mirrors, EMP Panoramic Rear Mirror,
    Interior Overhead LED lights, Blue Floorboard LED Lights, Custom Side Rain Curtains
    Radiator Mud Guards, Yamaha Alum. Front Diff. Guard, Perfex 2" Lift, Winch,
    Grease Fitting Modification for Lower Rear A-Arm, Koso Coolant Temp. Gauge,
    RAM Mounts for GPS & 8" Tablet, Under Seat Storage Box, Folding Windshield,
    EMP Front/ Rear Bumpers, 100W 17" LED light, 18W Rear Flood LEDs 2x
    Great Day Gun Rack, Stebel Air Horn, Adjustable Driver's Seat, Turn Signals,
    Street Legal/TN Tag

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    284 times
    I've bought both my sxs's virtually 100% through emails back and forth.
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec SE
    2019 Wolverine X4

2017 Super Atv - Front Window
    2017 Kolpin - Rear Window
    2017 Kolpin - Side Mirrors
    2017 Ryco - Utah Street Legal Kit
    2017 Yamaha - LED taillights with Reverse
    2017 Hunterworks - AIS Block Off Plate
    2017 NGK - Laser Iridium spark plug
    2019 Yamaha - Windshield
    2019 Yamaha - Rear View Mirror
    2019 Yamaha - Roof
    2019 Emp - Side Mirrors
    2019 SuperAtv - Rear Window.
    2019 Ryco - Utah Street Legal Kit
    2019 NGK - Laser Iridium spark plugs

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    That is where I bought mine, good people to deal with, and gave me a good trade in price also.

Roosted
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    I bought from Platinum and they were good to me and also beat the dealer down here in GA by several hundred. Customer service at buying and for sure after I bought has been excellent. The service team is the bomb " Mike" is a good dude and will take time with you.

One thing we sometimes don`t think about is cost from dealer to dealer will very as you will have the ones trying to rob you blind. Then some dealers with heavier overhead the ones where sales are down and just struggling to stay open these will always affect how much they can really go down. Selling a lot of units they can go down much deeper than a dealer having a bad sales quarter or year.
    2019 Wolverine X2 R Spec SE
    OEM Full Front Brush Guard
    OEM New Style- Fold Down Windshield
    OEM Spare Tire Rack
    OEM Yamaha Cargo Box
    PRP 4.2 Harnesses
    Seizmik Halo Rear View Mirror
    Factor 55 Rear Hitch Link 2.0
    WARN Axon 35-S with Rocker & Cable Remote/ Factor 55 UltraHook
    Midland MXT 115 GMRS Radio
    Sedona Sparx Wheels - Sedona Rips Saw - 27.9.14 F & 27.11.14 R

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times

I've had that experience, trying to get the best deal was told if I can get it for the price quoted from another dealership the sales guy suggested I go and get it at the other dealership suffice to say the other dealership got my business. I give a big thumbs up to Barnes Brothers!
    atkbike likes this.
    " You just gotta keep livin’ man, L-I-V-I-N.”-Wooderson

2019 X2 Special Edition
    27" Tusk Terrabites
    OEM Polycarb Windshield
    OEM Soft Rear Window
    KFI 3500 Stealth Winch
    OEM Rear Cargo Box
    7" LED Light Bar

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Im glad you had a good experience, I got a quote from them but they added on a freight and setup fee of $1000, this is the highest I have ever heard of. I didn't even try to deal with them after that, seems like they are advertising an unrealistic price.

Sponsored Links